Author Topic: Apple Arcade  (Read 2191 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Apple Arcade
« on: March 25, 2019, 05:26:13 PM »

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
Re: Apple Arcade
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 05:42:02 PM »
No thanks. Subscription-based streaming games locked into the Apple ecosystem is exactly what I don't want from video games.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 06:10:30 PM »
I’m already firmly in Apple’s ecosystem with any number of iThing/Mac hardware I’ve bought over the years. Similar to Stadia, I’m not interested in game streaming. I’m mostly fine with having just a Switch then dealing with not having access to certain games like Resident Evil 2 Remake. At some point, I’m sure Apple Arcade will get an exclusive I want to try. I’d bet on my ability to resist it though.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 08:17:19 PM »
... At some point, I’m sure Apple Arcade will get an exclusive I want to try. I’d bet on my ability to resist it though.

Resistance isn't my strong point (see my backlog for evidence) but I just have very little incentive to move to a subscription model. I don't play games quickly enough to justify the cost.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2019, 06:05:17 AM »
I have a Mac and I have an iPhone.  I don't want a different subscription service to pay for.  They did not sell me on Apple TV + or Apple News + but I could see Apple Arcade being interesting if it is reasonably priced.  Unfortunately Apple seems to think 9.99 is reasonable for everything.  But that adds up fast.  9.99 for music, 9.99 for News + 9.99 for TV+ (???) and 9.99 for arcade (???). I can't see myself or any Apple fan giving Apple 59.99 a month (adding in cloud storage as well.) Though honestly, if I write it like that.  If you buy a single game a month (I have never done that.) Then that isn't too bad.  But on top of Netflix,  Internet Bill, and all other bills you have this is getting crazy.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2019, 08:27:48 AM »
Apple needs to just **** right off. They also unveiled a credit card and tv streaming that costs more because it's Apple. They want to own your life.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2019, 09:00:42 AM »
Apple needs to just **** right off. They also unveiled a credit card and tv streaming that costs more because it's Apple. They want to own your life.
Yeah, we know you don’t like Apple. However, complaining that its TV streaming service costs more even when Apple hasn’t announced a price is just a bad look. Of course, Apple wants to own your life. So does Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Wayne Enterprises, Amazon, Comcast etc.

Dunking on Apple here is pointless. You don’t have to give Apple any money. You can continue giving money to similarly evil companies.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2019, 12:17:55 PM »
Aside from my general dislike of not owning the games I buy I agree with ejamer about not having the time to make a subscription worthwhile.  I tend to have videogame binges where I'll suddenly have lots of free time to play games and then I'm not playing a game at all for even up to six months because life has gotten in the way.  Purchasing games individually suits my lifestyle far better.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2019, 04:36:08 PM »
I watched a few of their presentations. I was more impressed by the Apple Card pay card.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2019, 06:06:29 PM »
I was talking about Apple's channels stuff...which room what I saw does carry a premium.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA