Author Topic: can we kill the matchmaking/smacktalk forum or something  (Read 3494 times)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
can we kill the matchmaking/smacktalk forum or something
« on: November 11, 2013, 11:08:19 PM »
Can we just kill the matchmaking/smacktalk forum. It just doesn't seem to be adequately performing it's purpose anymore... I feel like a forum devoted to retroactive would be a better use of that space really.,,
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 06:03:03 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: just a friendly suggestion
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 05:49:48 PM »
I would disagree. I like having the smacktalk board. It keeps that stuff from clogging up the main boards like what is happening in the handhelds right now thanks to some newbies. (Are those threads going to get moved anytime soon?)

I also don't see why you need a separate thread for the retroactive segment of the podcast. They don't do it all of the time and conversations for each title seem to stop after a bit so it is not like there is a need to keep each thread at the top. But I don't listen to the podcast much anymore so maybe they dynamic of the show has changed. It wouldn't be that hard to create a separate sub-forum for those member-participation segments of the show.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 06:01:46 PM »
The issue is threads in there simply don't get used. My animal crossing thread was meant to cover the same thing as khush's traveling furniture thread and yet It still has been largely abandoned

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 12:00:58 AM »
I would disagree. I like having the smacktalk board. It keeps that stuff from clogging up the main boards like what is happening in the handhelds right now thanks to some newbies. (Are those threads going to get moved anytime soon?)
of course nobody puts them there WHY WOULD YOU that forum is practically a ghost town in terms of activity. the fact is that nobody pays attention to the smack talk thread.

I also don't see why you need a separate thread for the retroactive segment of the podcast. They don't do it all of the time and conversations for each title seem to stop after a bit so it is not like there is a need to keep each thread at the top. But I don't listen to the podcast much anymore so maybe they dynamic of the show has changed. It wouldn't be that hard to create a separate sub-forum for those member-participation segments of the show.
To an extent but there are certain situations where new developments can create potential for new threads such as say the super mario world one where recently we have had things like it's rerelease on virtual console after the flood of NSMB games that made me consider bringing it back up but I didn't want to deal with the hate I could get for bumping an old thread like that after digging it up.

There would also be potential for user run discussion on a certain game and sort of move retroactive beyond the confines of RFN

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: can we kill the matchmaking/smacktalk forum or something
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 08:11:46 PM »
of course nobody puts them there WHY WOULD YOU that forum is practically a ghost town in terms of activity. the fact is that nobody pays attention to the smack talk thread.

This whole forum is a ghost town when it comes to activity. certain section may have about 20-30 post in day, other sections are ignored for days or weeks. I think we need another recruitment drive. that will at least entertain those of us that are here.