Author Topic: Why is Unclebob still a mod?  (Read 3526 times)

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Why is Unclebob still a mod?
« on: July 13, 2013, 12:12:10 PM »
I know it's cool for everyone including the admins to make fun and harrass TJ, but why the hell is Unclebob still a mod after that awful shitstorm of a thread? At least punish the guy with a temp demotion, or else he will continue to do what he's been doing.

And no Unclebob, I am not the only one who thinks this, so don't direct your idiocy towards me now.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: Why is Unclebob still a mod?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 01:57:51 PM »
M - I went ahead and unlocked this thread because I'm always open for this discussion (for those who remember, I even had a poll up at one point).

If someone wants to lock it back again, I won't complain either way, as I don't really much care.  But it would be nice if you made it clear I wasn't the one who locked it so that no one can go around complaining about how I abuse my power and such...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 10:41:55 PM »
UncleBob is a terrific moderator and I stand behind him 100%. He may have gone a bit overboard in this particular instance, but there's still no one here I'd trust anywhere near as much with those powers as him
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 11:43:23 PM »
I think even if in that particular instance he was beating a dead horse he still is hands down the person I feel I can respect and trust the most as a moderator

insano's crazy superstition that karma is a good idea puts him second

crimm is dead last.... when you make a post about mothers having weather effects you have fallen down a very slippery slope... but I suppose that is crimm for you

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 02:18:16 AM »
Thanks, guys.

The only thing I really have to add to this topic is that if I seriously did offend TJ, then he can step up and speak for himself.  He's nearly 27 years old and, so far as I know, doesn't need someone to come out in his defense, no matter how noble it may or may not be.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 09:06:51 PM »
UncleBob is usually great. But this instance was way overboard. TJ's posting had been getting pretty bad, but there was a certain bullying going on in response. UncleBob joined that in a big way with that thread. Insanolord has let a joke run a little too far, but he knows when to call it quits. I'm honestly just glad Crimmy was there in the end.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 10:44:06 PM »
to be fair this isn't the first time he has been accused of bullying by other users (if i understand chozo's story correctly)