Author Topic: What do YOU guys want from Backlogg With CurtDogg?  (Read 4449 times)

Offline CurtDogg

• Staff Writer, Twitch Streamer
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 7
    • View Profile
What do YOU guys want from Backlogg With CurtDogg?
« on: June 19, 2013, 05:45:54 PM »
Hey guys, I'm gonna be taking another hiatus from the Backlogg stream, mostly because I can't seem to figure out what I can do to make the stream more entertaining. I'm lucky if 5 people even tune into the stream, and even luckier if they end up actually chatting or calling in. Viewership gradually dwindles as the stream goes on, and I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

This is pretty much my last resort. I've asked Twitter, Facebook, and even made a blog post on the site itself, but there's been no luck in finding any sort of general consensus. Am I just not entertaining? Do I need more people to talk to? Are the games I'm playing not interesting enough? Just what is it that would make/keep you guys tuned in?

Offline pureval

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
Re: What do YOU guys want from Backlogg With CurtDogg?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 05:51:00 PM »
I never managed to actually catch you streaming, but personally I tend not to just because streaming sites do not really like my system much. Prizes are a good way to get people watching, but get tricky/expensive.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 12:12:34 PM »
I think you tend to do the streaming around midnight my time, so thats why I dont tune in.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 12:20:43 PM »
I think you tend to do the streaming around midnight my time, so thats why I dont tune in.
Or as I'm driving home.

Its really weird.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 04:06:01 PM »
I don't even know what this is.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 10:11:02 PM »
I don't watch a lot of streaming as I am busy. but I have tuned in on occasion. I never chat because I would have to sign up for another chat service thing.

Looking at the more popular live streams online, for example Giant Bomb, they have a a group of people chatting while they play. Even their quick looks have at least two people so there is conversation to feed off of.

Get an entertaining roommate to participate, or get Yoshidious to Skype call in to you.

Offline CurtDogg

• Staff Writer, Twitch Streamer
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2013, 05:24:23 AM »
I don't watch a lot of streaming as I am busy. but I have tuned in on occasion. I never chat because I would have to sign up for another chat service thing.

Looking at the more popular live streams online, for example Giant Bomb, they have a a group of people chatting while they play. Even their quick looks have at least two people so there is conversation to feed off of.

Get an entertaining roommate to participate, or get Yoshidious to Skype call in to you.

Well I always have Skype open for anyone that wants to call in, but no one ever does. And I've been living with my mom and sister, so roomates were out of the question.

I'll be moving in with friends I've known for 10+ years come September, so maybe I'll bring Backlogg back around then and have them join in on the fun.