Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 692250 times)

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #125 on: September 10, 2013, 10:31:12 PM »
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Reboot. v2.0. Eorzea has changed, and the planet of Hydaelyn is all the better for it. I played v1.0 from the very inception, and to see all of the changes that have taken new shape and form is quite incredible.

The first thing that struck me were the intuitive opening game mechanics. Everything is set up, step-by-step, to pull the player into how everything functions. Whenever a new mechanic presents itself, a pop-up dialogue box will appear teaching the player about the new function. Very, very user-friendly.

But most importantly, the game's lore and beginning story is what has pulled me in the most. v1.0 had a small bit of story - Director Tanaka truly tried creating something unique...I just assume he got lost in the process of trying to bring everything together. But Yoshida? No way. This guy has everything under control. Battle mechanics, story, play control, the world - oh god, the WORLD. Eorzea has never looked better. Every area feels incredibly organic, and every small, tiny facet of detail oozes with charm. And the new Luminous graphics engine does this game justice.

I'm sure I've already clocked in over 30 hours since launch last week, and I still cannot get enough. I log in, and there's just so much to see and do. I can only imagine what the first expansion is going to bring - new lands to explore, new storyline elements, new weapon classes/jobs. I can't wait.

Naoki Yoshida, you are a godsend. Thank you.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 11, 2013, 02:56:14 AM »
I'm currently actively playing 3 games:

Rayman Legends (Vita) - I'm enjoying it, but not as much as Origins. There's just something about the worlds this time that's not clicking with me as well as the 1st game. Plus, I really don't like the Murfy stages, which slow a relatively fast platformer down to a tedious crawl controlled by idiotic AI who get to do all the fun Rayman stuff while you're left poking at the screen.

Killzone Mercenary (Vita) - It only took 1.5 years, but the Vita finally has a quality FPS to call its own. Running on the Killzone 3 engine from the PS3, this game seems impeccably polished and the shooting just "feels" right. I have some issues with the controls, but so far I'm digging this game. I can see me getting a lot of play out of the SP doing "contract" mode, too, which is a GoldenEye style mission replay with special conditions.

Puppeteer (PS3) - I've only completed the First "Act" but this is easily proving to be one of the most charming games I've played all year. It's an exceptionally easy game made with children in mind, but it has that right touch of dark fantasy and imagination that I think can appeal to a wide audience. It's also so visually interesting with how committed it is to the whole "puppet stage show" presentation, with the "sets" rapidly changing and morphing to suit the current "scene" as the narrator keeps the story moving. There are plenty of secrets to find to prod you into replaying stages, and even the extras have a nice level of polisht o them.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 03:02:15 AM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 11, 2013, 03:01:10 AM »
Once I can play KZ:Merc on my Vita TV, then I'll be happy. For some reason the controls felt really bad to me so I ended up playing three minutes of the beta and deleting it.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 11, 2013, 03:17:14 AM »
Once I can play KZ:Merc on my Vita TV, then I'll be happy. For some reason the controls felt really bad to me so I ended up playing three minutes of the beta and deleting it.

Considering the ENTIRE menu interface is touch-based, I don't think that would work too well on the Vita TV right now.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 11, 2013, 03:33:22 AM »
Can't I just use the built in cursor interface to bypass that?

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 11, 2013, 03:36:34 AM »
Can't I just use the built in cursor interface to bypass that?

Depends on whether Sony really wants you clicking your sticks EVERY time you pause the game.

Offline brianblivesay

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • Brian's Game Room
« Reply #131 on: September 12, 2013, 08:18:54 AM »
;D -What are you playing?- :Q
  • First up, Bayonetta Xbox 360: I played through this game in the summer of 2012 on an easy difficulty and had a good time with it, but what I've noticed going back is Platinum games really shines when you go through them a second time. All the upgrades that you wanted the first run can now be purchased, the suites are there, and when it all flows together it comes out nicely. The story for me the first run left me scratching my head in a mass of confusion, so what I've done is read through game faqs, wiki, etc. on the history and in combination of beating it once and now knowing even more backstory the games really gelled perfectly.  After playing the Wonderful 101 demo three times I've noticed similar instances with what Platinum has done there too.
  • Second, Breath of Fire 2 Wii U Virtual Console. As I've noted before I was a genesis kid and missed out on some classic snes rpgs in my youth. But one thing I'm doing before I croak is go back and try some of these out. It's stellar to read how certain mechanics in old school rpgs set staple mechanics for games in futures to come. This game does that. It was the first to do some interesting things that was a standard for games thereafter. After a couple of hours in I'm enjoying the gamepad play and actually had to stay with my grandmother a few nights where she didn't have internet connection. Why do I say this? I had the Wii U under the bed and played BOF2 at night in bed. It has been great.

It should be noted I'm looking at picking up a 3 TB hard drive so I can partake in some more eshop games this holiday season. I'm eyeing the new Dungeons & Dragons Chronicles of Mystara. That game was the first game I think I ever got drunk and played in my lifetime. It was an old arcade machine out in a dock arcade on the beach about 20 years ago when I woke the next morning 30 bucks short, but having the best arcade experience of my life with me and my friends. The game has a nostalgia for me, so I'm probably going to grab it on the eshop. This leads me to say if anyone has this game and would like to play let me know!
  • I won't make mention of them, but I'm also playing Kid Icarus Uprising, Mario 3D Kart, Animal Crossing, and Sacred Citadel!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 08:23:35 AM by brianblivesay »
Visit me at www.YouTube.com/brianblivesay
iOS Game Center: BrianB71
3DS Friend Code: 468285605798
Nintendo ID: Golgren
PSN: Golgren480
Twitter: livesay_brian
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BriansGameRoom?ref=hl

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 12, 2013, 01:41:21 PM »
Finally installed Battlefield 3 on my PC, thinking my little laptop couldn't handle it... I was right. On low settings at 720p I could get around 25 FPS max. If I enter a huge area that Battlefield is known for? 15-18 FPS. I mean, it's doable, but I think I'll just go back to the PS3 version until I can get it to run better.

And just for shits and giggles I ran it at 1080p on Ultra and got around 5 FPS. But damn those five frames were fucking beautiful.

Also been playing a deluge of JRPGs on my PSP and Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 12, 2013, 02:41:13 PM »
The story for me the first run left me scratching my head in a mass of confusion, so what I've done is read through game faqs, wiki, etc. on the history and in combination of beating it once and now knowing even more backstory the games really gelled perfectly.
Yes, story is quite incomprehensible. Watching game's director commentary helped to give it a bit more sense, but even after watching most of it it still doesn't quite feel complete. Thankfully Kamiya's next game (W101) has a much better plot.

After playing the Wonderful 101 demo three times I've noticed similar instances with what Platinum has done there too.
Yes, they're very, very similar. I even created a thread where i talk about comparison between two games.

Okay, my own update.

Injustice. Beat story mode, but probably spend a bit more time with it with missions and stuff.

Pacman Championship Edition DX
It took me a while to get into this game. But after i understood what i am supposed to do in each mode, i started enjoying the game a lot. Scoring system is kinda obtuse which is probably why getting into higher part of the leaderboard was rather easy -- not many people made sense of it i guess.

WarioWare: Twisted
I thought i beat this game a year ago! Apparently not. Recent NeoGaf discussion mentioned some "Mewtroid" mini game, so i checked that and it's not unlocked yet in my game. So now i want to get it, but the problem is i don't know which mission i still haven't beaten: none of them shows as new or as unfinished...
Still it was nice to play it once again. Such a great game.

Fluidity: Spin Cycle
Kinda forgot that i had on my 3DS. I never had with previous game, as with other Metroidvania-style games, i kept playing it no-stop until i beat it. The sequel lost interconnected world and i guess lost my long term interest. It's still a quality game though.

I was just gettting 5 stars on a few previous levels. Some of the levels are pretty hard to 5 star -- they're big and you need to do a lot of different actions towards final goal. And just one mistake and you can say your fifth star goodbye.

Ikaruga
Praised be Costa Rica, giver of free games!
I already have Gamecube version, but it's more convenient to have on Xbox (my wii is in other room connected to other TV). Of course, unbeatable price of nothing helps too.
Ikaruga... It's Ikaruga, man. Aspect ratio is a bit different but it's otherwise it's still the same game.
I probably should play it properly, constantly changing polarity and stuff and gathering chains, but i am just playing just as a regular shmup and still have fun. I don't think i ever got through past second level on any versions.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 18, 2013, 04:47:17 AM »
Kid Icarus: Uprising
I've finally did it. I beat level 7 (the one with Thanatos) in less than 15 minutes. I think i've spent majority of my lunch breaks on work in the last two months trying to do that.

It was so hard because of two reasons:
1) that one platforming sequence where one wrong movement of a circle pad will kill you instantly and you will have to repeat this whole sequence from the start. That takes lots of precious seconds and even minutes if you screw up there.
2) The level almost has no straight corridors that you can run through using super speed items. The majority of the level consists of halls that are closed down until you kill all monsters in it. Also elevator segment and part where you move on rails also have fixed speed. Player simply doesn't have enough areas that he can boost through to cut his play time.

Ah well, at least i got two achievement for it: the one for doing the level in less than 18 minutes and the one for doing less than 15 minutes.

There is a third achievement on this level that asks you to see Thanatos' all forms before defeating him but i was never able to do that for some reason. He always mixes up his forms and always skips one in my playthroughs. There is probably some trick to it...

Wonderful 101
Still collecting Platinums on Normal. Hadn't even touched Hard mode aside from one mission i did by mistake. Funny thing is i didn't realize i am doing level on Hard until almost the very end.

I've played W101 for 65+ hours since i got it, and only have 87 something heroes. No secret characters yet, though i am one achievement away from two of them. These are some tough achievements though.

Bayonetta
Same, collecting platinums on Normal. Last thing i did was getting platinum on Temperantia boss fight. That was kinda annoying because i just couldn't NOT to mess up a bit and always got hit and even a small damage downgraded me to Gold instead of Platinum.
In the end i managed to get Plat with bigger combo rank outweighing some small damage. This boss has  (by force) taught me how to preserve your combo meter and how to spam my magical force fields against his eye laser attacks. I had to resort to using butterfly ability that absorbed some damage from bosses lightning fist attack from afar that he does after you rip his one arm. Had a lot of problem getting the timing of the dodge for this attack and then just gave up and used butterflies.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 04:49:19 AM by azeke »

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 18, 2013, 08:10:27 AM »
I'm currently playing Kingdom Hearts HD and...I'm finding myself wanting to play something else instead. I really didn't like the original Kingdom Hearts when I first played it on PS2 and I still find it pretty "meh" now. The camera is awful, the combat lacks almost any kind of punch, the level design sucks (even by Kingdom Hearts standards) and even then the story was all over the place. Still, I really liked Kingdom Hearts 2 (and Birth By Sleep) despite all the harm it brought to the series, and it was good to get a refresher.

I also finished Killzone Mercenary. Excellent game. Not much more I want to say about that game for now till the next NFR recording.

Offline AnGer

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 19, 2013, 03:38:36 AM »
Can't disagree. Kingdom Hearts I has almost painfully slow combat and whenever I go back to it, I am surprised by how little you can do compared to KH II and above. You could say they matched the series' growing craze to its combat system.

Currently playing something faster-paced, namely Ys: The Oath in Felghana, which I theoretically have finished, but since Falcom is apparently a bunch of jerks, I need to replay it on every difficulty to get access to all of the bonus content.

Hooray for New Game+ at this point, because importing stats, cash and weapon lv. makes it less tedious to do the easier difficulties
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 03:54:51 AM by AnGer »

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 19, 2013, 03:48:22 PM »
Kid Icarus: Uprising:
Replayed Medusa's final fight (level 9). I actually played it just once more than a year ago and apparently i never touched it since, becase forgot everything about this level.

This level is being final one, we even get the same "villains parade" thing that Kamiya's games have too, where designer wants to evoke a feeling of accomplishment and even pride of how far you came from humble beginnings in the first level.

Because i am playing KI: U, Bayonetta and W101 back to back to back they kinda start to blend in for me -- they're are all skill based action games with almost endless achievement based replay value. I even found out how to block projectiles in Kid Icarus which brings these 3 games even closer. All these games in their finals bring all the monsters you encountered in the game in chronological order and throw them at you -- not even for the challenge of it, but to cause a short term nostalgia where you think of "simpler times" in level 1.

Medusa's level brings out entire parts of previous levels and i really liked how they were toned down both in colour (almost black and white) and in sound (background sounds and music are heavily dampened and bosses are completely silent). It gives the same eerie feeling that drown Hyrule castle in Wind Waker gave.

Medusa explains how she recreated parts of previous levels and resurrected previous bosses and that sets up the fact she is fake too and was created exactly the same way very nicely.

Final credits also contribute to the feeling of eeriness. Palutena's and Pit's laughs sound more weird than genuine and we very soon get to know that "final" level was merely just a third of entire game and that Medusa was just a ruse all along created by the actual main big bad.

Medusa's level takes ridiculous amounts of time (as final level should) and i failed to make it in 35 minutes and that's easier achievement of the two for this level, the other one requires you to finish the level in less than 25 minutes. There's also achievement for beating it without special weapon and armour you get just for this mission.

Anyway, such amazing games. All three of them.

Fast Racing League (WiiWare on Wii U)
This was the first time i played the game with wiimote+nunchuck and found that this option just feels better that classic controler that i used before. Yes, you change polarity by waggle but it's totally fine.

Just like with F Zero GX, i hit my ceiling pretty fast. I'm at the second cup and i'm completely outmatched by bots. Environmental hazards on third and fourth tracks just kill any chances for me to get even in top 5 and that's not guaranteed even on much safer first two tracks. Maybe i should practice on single races more.

I also wish this game had strafing mechanic like F Zero had, that would probably make car handling a bit easier... As of now turns just feel to drastic at times.

Rayman Legends (xbox 360)
Thank you, Bosnia for a free game! Seriously, what's up with all these free games on Xbox Live lately?..

I already have paid for Wii U port, but a free game is a free game. I will still going to play it on Wii U when the disc will arrive. I mostly just wanted to try out the replacement control scheme for Murphy levels that they did for Xbox and PS3 ports.

And now that i played it -- i love it. It not just adds a new wrinkle to old and tried running and jumping -- it adds completely new rhythm element to it. Touch controls in Wii U version were workable but they were really the same idea that NSMBU already used. This, though is really cool i think.

Playing this game on Xbox controller is interesting. First, with movement it definitely feels like 360's stick is how the game was designed to be played with (considering that Origins was originally XBLA game). On the other hand, using trigger to run doesn't feel as good as using ZL on Classic controller. And because face buttons are all used up (B is for all things Murphy does, A is jumping, X is slapping, and Y is... Y only works in menus actually) there is just no other button to put "run" on.

Because of how Murphy function is replaced i wonder if lum rankings on Wii U are different because touch controlled Murphy simply has more possibilities to get lums -- like tickling skeletons hanging from the ceiling or squashing bugs crawling on walls.

I also love, love, love stop-motion looking eating animation in mexican death/food world. And i never expected to see Half Life enemy in this game. I like how some levels now have flying heart in the loading screen -- grabbing that becomes a micro game on it's own with a very real reward because you get lums if you grab a heart and then get another heart .

Ropes are still wonky, just like they were in Origins. Animation where they give me awards after each level seems superfluous since they already showed me what trophy i get when i enter the exit. They also lost entire timer mechanic which is a shame because that basically doubled levels in Origins -- you had to play all levels in two completely different ways -- first as a collectathon, then like a speed runner.

And now the bad part -- the game feels way too short, it could be just me becoming better at Rayman's controls, but i just 100%-ed half of the first world in less than a hour and it doesn't feel like the game has as much content as Origins did. Even if you simply count lums on paintings, "Back to Origins" is 270 something while all other worlds combined that i see so far don't even make a 200 combined...
I honestly start to doubt if they indeed had a full game back in February, because even THIS doesn't feel like a full game compared to Origins. They added some levels from Origins and now these reworked levels make for half of levels in a game, seriously? What did you had before then?

Rayman Legends Challenge app (Wii U)
Just checked it out to see if challenges are stil online. When i tried to launch it Wii U started downloading update for it, but i ignored it and just ran the app leaving update to download in background.
Challenges are still there, though it became ghost town now. Maybe this "update" will remove challenges or something.

Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands (Wii game on Wii U)
Finally managed to push through one nasty part where i had to push two panels in quick succession while juggling my tornado and flying bubble powers.

Only to get stuck again 10 minutes later on yet another nasty puzzle. Puzzles in this game annoy me even more that Zelda's. LoZ puzzles at least adhere some logic (if i will understand this logic is another question). Puzzles here are more like chess problems only there are like dozen pieces on the 20x20 board instead of two-three on 8x8 board. Very time consuming to go through all combinations and wonky controls don't help solving at all.
I'm at the puzzle with coloured jem stones that i need to rotate.

Cover says that has original game is included -- i'm guessing it will only unlock after i beat the game, right?
I also tried Sands of Time costume -- it's pretty funny how they didn't bothered to update the model and now it looks too blocky compared to everything else.

Offline magicpixie

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 19, 2013, 04:08:38 PM »
Got my copy of GTA V today, so I'll be able to take a break from poopsocking it in Final Fantasy XIV.  Man, that game is great, despite every effort by Square-Enix to sabotage it.  The MMO community is just as I remember it; a disheartening blend of assholes, noobs, try-hards, and some decent folk looking to have some fun.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 19, 2013, 06:48:11 PM »
Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands (Wii game on Wii U)
Cover says that has original game is included -- i'm guessing it will only unlock after i beat the game, right?

No, should be available. I have played it  but have not finished the main game. I can't remember how you access it but fiddle around with the menus. It is there.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #140 on: September 21, 2013, 06:10:22 PM »
Got my copy of GTA V today, so I'll be able to take a break from poopsocking it in Final Fantasy XIV.  Man, that game is great, despite every effort by Square-Enix to sabotage it.  The MMO community is just as I remember it; a disheartening blend of assholes, noobs, try-hards, and some decent folk looking to have some fun.
What server are you playing on? Sounds like the wrong one. Join my Backloggery gang and I (Lindy's with us, too!) on Hyperion. LOTS of helpful folks there.

But yeah, FFXIV is great.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 23, 2013, 08:38:51 AM »
I put more time into Mutant Mudds yesterday than The Wonderful 101. Mutant Mudds is deceptively difficult. Some of those jumps are out of contreze. I like it and I paid so little for it. My plan is to beat both games before I get The Wind Waker next weekend. I hear The Wonderful 101 is a pretty short game.

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 23, 2013, 11:43:01 PM »
I hear The Wonderful 101 is a pretty short game.
You've been lied to:

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 24, 2013, 07:23:05 AM »
Are you trying to get/unlock everything? I'm just trying to beat the game.

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 24, 2013, 07:35:35 AM »
Are you trying to get/unlock everything?
Unlocking everything is nearly impossible, but yes.

I'm just trying to beat the game.
That will take you about 15+ hours.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 24, 2013, 07:53:34 AM »
I'm just trying to beat the game.
That will take you about 15+ hours.
Then, no, I wasn't lied to.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 07:55:50 AM by Adrock »

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 24, 2013, 08:27:26 AM »
It'll take you longer to "beat" W101 than Eternal Darkness, that's for sure. So i guess that makes Eternal Darkness a micro game then.

google search is fun
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 08:30:26 AM by azeke »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 24, 2013, 09:01:28 AM »
I don't really understand what you're getting at or why you're being so snide about this. Yes, I completed all three paths of Eternal Darkness in about 15 hours. What exactly is your point? What does Eternal Darkness have to do with anything? If you're merely pointing out that I took the time to play through all three paths in ED and I only want to complete W101 once, keep in mind that I just turned 18 when I played through ED. I don't have as much time to spend on video games at 29. I really just want to finish W101 at least once before The Wind Waker comes out so as not to increase my backlog.

And by the way, posting LMGTFY only works when someone didn't google something they easily could have which isn't the case here at all. I swear, your posts just don't make sense to me sometimes.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 24, 2013, 10:21:52 AM »
Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii)

I love this game, but circumstances made it so that I just couldn't dedicate the time/effort to finish it off.  That's about to change (I hope).

After nearly a year-long hiatus, I've gotten back into the game. My latest save file had me start off at Machina Village, and now I'm about to enter Prison Island.  There can't be much more in the game... however, I admit to being surprised at how much content remained already. Getting carried away with exploration and rebuilding and as many side-quests as I can find has that effect though. (Roughly 120 hours spent in-game so far. Not close to getting 100% but I've been pretty thorough for an initial play through.)

At this point, the game is dominating my free time to the point it's disrupting my sleep. Not sure if I want the experience to end... but absolutely thrilled to be closing in on the ending.  Haven't enjoyed a video game this much in a long, long time.

Toki Tori 2+ (Wii U)

Heard good comments about the "open world" structure from people here at NWR, and their recommendations were right on the money. Not playing too seriously yet - just messing around a little and will probably put it down and restart later on - but have absolutely loved what I've played so far. Little things like learning different songs on your own (experimentation or observation) and searching for different paths to explore really make this game enjoyable for me.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 10:26:26 AM by ejamer »
NNID: ejamer

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 24, 2013, 10:26:21 AM »
^ i'm just noting that you consider game with initial playthrough worth of 15+ hours as «short», yet at the very same time think of 15 hour 100% playthrough of Eternal Darkness as significant timesink.
I used lmgtfy because forum didn't allow me to post regular long ass google link, bbcode parser just broke halfway through

Aaaanyway, back to topic. Apart from P* stuff, lately i've been playing:

Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands
I don't know. I play this game for 40 minutes and then i just kinda don't want to. I came back to this game after not touching it for a year, was camera as bad back then? Or did new abilities i unlocked add too much 3d complexity to the levels? Did Ubisoft just ran out of QA budget halfway into the game?

My problems is that camera where you enter the bubble is always looking the opposite way where you want. Manual camera control is also rather cumbersome to work with because of slow pointer controls. Camera becomes even more problematic where they fix it in specific spots during battle sequences.

Still, it's a nice game. But i'm fully expecting it will take another month to finish it at this pace i'm going. So no «lightning fast» achievement for beating the game in less than 10 hours for me. Speaking of achivements, this game has lots of them. I'm guessing they unlock concept art and developer videos, cause that's all locked for me.

Some of the later locations are very nice looking at least. Water temple and Sky temple are very beatiful, jaggies or not. Even random rabbid in the sky didn't spoil the view.

I also appreciated how they based art style of the game around distintly Persian/Babylonian designs and not on Arabian Nights like before.

Desktop Dungeons: Endless Beta
It's a crime against gaming humanity that developers are taking so much time turning their amazing freeware roguelike/puzzle mashup into fully featured game. Their freeware version already was filled to the brim with content 4 (four, i repeat f-o-u-r) years ago.
I appreciate that they're adding even more features, tutorials and nice new art. But this has to end somewhere.
I shouldn't be complaining because i am in paid beta program (that was before i started hating kickstarter and i think that was even before kickstarter even emerged) meaning i get to play their game throughout development cycle.
But it's such a pity more people don't know this game and instead are playing and praising hundreds other kickstarter roguelikes, that suddenly became in vogue while DD was and is in development.
As to actual game -- well main gameplay of DD hasn't changed they just added lots more «singleplayer» missions, as in not randomly generated. Each class now has a set of predetermined missions you can take to win more preparation stuff.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 10:29:20 AM by azeke »