Author Topic: double threads  (Read 2579 times)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
double threads
« on: March 28, 2013, 07:40:49 AM »
i've noticed a trend of somebody bringing up a news thing in console discussion and then that story being brought up on the site and we have two threads on the same thing, (bf4)

can't you merge them or something? idk

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
Re: double threads
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 09:14:52 AM »
Finding a way to merge them seems like a good idea. Sometimes I come across discussion worthy news but decide not to post about it immediately to avoid duplication. I usually wait an hour or so to see if it becomes an article on NWR, but if it doesn't and if it's something I feel is worth discussing, only then will I create a thread about it.

Merging would be only way I could see of avoiding duplication while also keeping the comments on both threads.
Gouge away.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: double threads
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 08:28:37 PM »
Just make the thread in regular discussion. lots of regular forumers don't read the front page (where talk back articles come from) and the forum usually has the story first.

also talk back threads tend to disappear quickly as the site up dates, and updates to the same story usually get a brand new thread (from the new news post). Forum threads can be bumped with updates with no fear of being old and soon to be replaced.

tl;dr
POAST MOAR NEWZ!!