Author Topic: What is your most recent gaming purchase?  (Read 755566 times)

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Re: What is your most recent gaming purchase?
« Reply #1200 on: March 14, 2014, 06:13:55 PM »
Are you going to go ahead and do all the installs for your Disc Based games as well and get them Patched?

Damn straight. My goal is to get this all setup so that when I put a disc in or select a PSN title, it just boots and is ready to go. I'm essentially trying to future-proof my PS3 as much as is realistically possible.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

« Reply #1201 on: March 15, 2014, 02:34:22 PM »
I found a used DS Lite at a local used game shop so I picked it up and a pair of GBA games, Super Mario Advance and Namco Museum, I been looking for a GBA for a while and this is as close as I have been able to get so I am happy, it was only ten dollars more than they sell GBA SP systems for anyways so it was a good deal. I came real close to picking up a PSP 2000 they had but I decided to hold off on that. It was great I was standing there asking the guy if they had any GBA or GBA compatible DS consoles, he said nope and a guy came in with a DS Lite to trade in just minutes latter so I waited for him to finish the trade and grabbed it.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #1202 on: March 15, 2014, 08:13:55 PM »
I netted some money doing some sponsored articles on my site, and I was able to afford a 3DS XL on eBay. It was in new condition. I gave my old 3DS to my older brother. I also got Yoshi's New Island yesterday from Best Buy, and got Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut for Wii U from a trader on a site I frequent.

Today I picked up Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational. I hope the Vita I bought arrives on time.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

« Reply #1203 on: March 16, 2014, 09:53:13 AM »
sadly my conscience and empty bank account got the better of me and I returned the items to buy a part for my Van I was dreading having to buy.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: March 17, 2014, 04:29:07 AM »
I bought an Xbox One a few days ago. At first I really liked it. The interface is easy to use and the Kinect features are great, but I just wasn't really getting into it. So yesterday I asked Best Buy if I could exchange it for a PS4, and they said that would be ok. So that's what I did, I got the last PS4 in stock at one of my local Best Buys.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 03:51:34 AM by tendoboy1984 »
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline magicpixie

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: March 19, 2014, 04:39:39 PM »
Picked up Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD for the Vita.  Played the first bit of X, and the game looks great on the Vita's screen.  It's kind of neat how much of the game I don't remember.  The reworked textures really bring out the designs of the characters and the environments.  X was one of my favourite FF's, so I'm really looking forward to playing through this one.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #1206 on: March 19, 2014, 06:38:26 PM »
I got a Vita in the mail from a trader on a site I frequent. It's so sexy. Now I just have to build up a collection for it! :)
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline ThomasO

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
    • deviantART account
« Reply #1207 on: March 25, 2014, 10:52:42 AM »
Bought The Sims 3 on Sunday. I was on the fence about buying it for a long time. The last game in the series I played was the original The Sims (with several of the expansion packs), and the last time I played that was around 7 years ago. So it was interesting to see the game world rendered in 3D and that Sim emotions and behaviors were a lot more complex. It took a lot of getting used to.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: March 30, 2014, 12:29:00 AM »
Ninja Gaiden Black -- got it from ebay, because apparently european version is no longer available digitally.
Madworld -- cool game, nowhere as good as other Platinum games though, also european version is borked with screen size and waggling gets tiring.
ASS IV: THE BLACK FLAGPOLE -- finally:

I laughed when i found advertisement for Watch Dogs in the box and it said release date was November 2013. You're a funny guy, Ubisoft.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

« Reply #1209 on: March 30, 2014, 05:33:13 PM »
not video gaming related but I recently got back into Magic: The Gathering and picked up one of those big box sets of Born of the Gods. I came close to getting a PS1 memory card and some PS1 games to play on my PS2 but I will wait till next payday for that. Right now I am shifting away from video games and back into collectible table top games.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: March 31, 2014, 09:57:21 AM »
Diablo 3 Expansion.  That I actually just found out there was an adventure mode...
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: April 01, 2014, 12:18:11 PM »
I went ahead and got Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - Deluxe Edition Extended Long Title Version from the eShop.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: April 01, 2014, 01:28:15 PM »
Oh, that's available now? I'll have to remember to pick it up.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline magicpixie

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: April 05, 2014, 12:24:13 PM »
Got myself a PS4 today - seems like the supply constraints are largely over.  Ultimately decided on the PS4 because of MLB The Show right now, even though the Xbox One might be considered a better deal at the moment with the bundles and the CDN dollar devaluation.

Grabbed NBA 2k14 digitally, and it took forever to download/install, even though my connection is pretty good.  Got to play a quick game, and I was surprised by how different the next-gen version felt compared to the PC version.  It took a little time to get used to the controller, but I'm really loving it.  The triggers are still something that I feel all controllers are really weak at, and this controller is really no different.  Also, I hate the location/size of the touchpad, and its proximity to the Share/Options buttons.  Minor complaints, really.  Everything else about it is great.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: April 06, 2014, 01:19:10 PM »
Yeah, I went to two Target stores today and both had PS4 in stock.

Anyway, I took advantage of Target's Buy Two, Get One Free sale. I bought Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Bravely Default, and The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. The first Target I went to didn't have Final Fantasy X HD so I went to a Target in the next town which didn't have Tropical Freeze. I ultimately decided to go back to the first Target and get A Link Between Worlds because I liked it, planned on buying it (eventually), and realized it will likely take forever to drop in price, unlike FFX which is probably be $20 before I finally decide to actually play it. Bravely Default is mostly for my brother, but I want to try it out.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: April 07, 2014, 07:10:09 PM »

Found a couple of used games/figures that I couldn't pass up today.

Sid Meier's Pirates! (Wii) - $3.50
Darksiders II (Wii U) - $20
Thumpback (Skylanders) - $8

Pretty happy with this haul. Pirates! is probably better on some other platforms, but I've been casually watching for a Wii copy for a while now; Darksiders II looks neat and the price is exactly what I was willing to pay; Thumpback was the one Skylanders figure my kids really really wanted... finding it at a discount makes the decision easy for me.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: April 07, 2014, 07:37:26 PM »
I'd like to hear a report of how Pirates! turned out on the Wii. I have the PC version but wouldn't mind the Wii one as well because I don't have it installed all the time on my computer.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: April 07, 2014, 09:27:46 PM »
I'd like to hear a report of how Pirates! turned out on the Wii. I have the PC version but wouldn't mind the Wii one as well because I don't have it installed all the time on my computer.

I'll try to report back, either here or in one of the other threads.  According to the NWR review (http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/review/24346/sid-meiers-pirates-wii) there are some motion control issues in the game, which seems like a shame... but I tend to be pretty forgiving and have never played Pirates! on any other platform so maybe that won't be a deal breaker for me?

Considering the price, I'm willing to give it a shot.

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: April 11, 2014, 02:21:50 AM »
Got Hitman Absolution on Xbox for nothing. That's about the right amount of money i'm willing to give to Microsoft.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: April 11, 2014, 02:37:15 AM »
Give Microsoft some credit for finally killing off Internet Explorer 6.

Then, take it away and then some for having created Internet Explorer 6 to begin with.

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: April 11, 2014, 04:17:52 AM »
As person who has to fight Chrome's ever changing bugs and quirks on a daily basis on work, i'd take IE6 over it any day.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: April 11, 2014, 09:16:33 AM »
The sad part is the IE was originally and until starting at 7 really only ever designed to be a browser that would do the web ok but allow for internal Windows things.  It was suppose to be enough to get you one the Web so you could get something better.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: April 11, 2014, 11:19:21 AM »
DKC: Tropical Freeze. Played about 5 stages of world 1 now, some single player and some multiplayer. Guess what, it's Donkey Kong Country. Its very pretty, but so far, it is seriously more of the same. I am left mildly amused but somewhat unimpressed, gotta be honest. Also, Donkey Kong's jump seems to be slightly too short for everything. Controlling him is sort of frustrating, actually. But I'm early in the game yet, so I'll keep going and see if I maintain the same opinion.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1223 on: April 11, 2014, 03:31:46 PM »
The sad part is the IE was originally and until starting at 7 really only ever designed to be a browser that would do the web ok but allow for internal Windows things.  It was suppose to be enough to get you one the Web so you could get something better.

And it's still great at downloading Google Chrome to this down.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: April 15, 2014, 09:12:27 PM »
Pleased to find the following games tonight for $2 apiece:
* Advance Wars (GBA)
* Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (GBA)
* Moon (DS)

I know that Advance Wars is on Wii U Virtual Console now, but would rather play on my super-portable GBA Micro anyway. Tony Hawk was one of the first GBA games I got, long ago, and one that I have a huge amount of nostalgia for. And Moon?  Well for $2 I'm happy to settle for the old DS version even if the upcoming 3DS remake is sure to be a lot better.  If I really enjoy the original then maybe I'll consider upgrading.