Author Topic: What is your most recent gaming purchase?  (Read 755228 times)

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
Re: What is your most recent gaming purchase?
« Reply #1075 on: November 29, 2013, 07:48:45 PM »
Being fortunate enough to receive a $75 Amazon gift card from work as a year-end thank you present, I purchased Super Mario 3D World earlier this week so it would be scheduled to arrive today. 

Lucky me, I forgot that UPS requires a signature to deliver the product, so now I get to wait until Monday until being able to dig-in  :@ .

Besides that, went ahead and bought the Ducktales remake on Wii U, which I'm enjoying so far, but all the characters are so damn talkative that it really breaks-up the gameplay to a point where it's frustrating.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: November 30, 2013, 01:13:46 AM »
My Prima Zelda Guide box set arrived.  This thing is freakin' heavy.

I have a pretty hefty collection of Zelda books going on here.  I have the LE and regular versions of Hyrule Historia, the Prima box set, and the full copies of Phantom Hourglass, Skyward Sword, Spirit Tracks and the second edition of Twilight Princess.  I just need to track down a first edition Twilight Princess and break down and buy the full version of Wind Waker HD and Link Between Worlds guides... :D

Also, my CE of Explore the Dungeon Because I Don't Know! arrived.  Haven't played it... between work (I have to spend all the time forever at work for Black Friday... ugh) and Link Between Worlds... no time for ETDBIDK...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: November 30, 2013, 01:21:06 AM »
Bought Eyes of Bayonetta artbook using Amazon code to knock 10$ off the price. I wanted to buy more books but shipping from US started to get too high.

Also got Super Mario 3D World from eShop yesterday morning.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: November 30, 2013, 01:23:13 AM »

My Prima Zelda Guide box set arrived.  This thing is freakin' heavy.

I have a pretty hefty collection of Zelda books going on here.  I have the LE and regular versions of Hyrule Historia, the Prima box set, and the full copies of Phantom Hourglass, Skyward Sword, Spirit Tracks and the second edition of Twilight Princess.  I just need to track down a first edition Twilight Princess and break down and buy the full version of Wind Waker HD and Link Between Worlds guides... :D

Also, my CE of Explore the Dungeon Because I Don't Know! arrived.  Haven't played it... between work (I have to spend all the time forever at work for Black Friday... ugh) and Link Between Worlds... no time for ETDBIDK...

I had that preordered and then I decided against it. Part of it was I own Japanese and English copies of Hyrule Historia that I've barely looked at.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: November 30, 2013, 02:16:57 AM »
Ys: Memories of Celceta (Vita - Digital download)
[redacted] PS4 game (keeping the game as close to under wraps as possible until the next NFR recording)
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: November 30, 2013, 02:20:28 AM »
Broke down and ordered the two new guides.  Now, to just track down a sealed first edition Twilight Princess guide. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: November 30, 2013, 01:43:20 PM »
Being fortunate enough to receive a $75 Amazon gift card from work as a year-end thank you present, I purchased Super Mario 3D World earlier this week so it would be scheduled to arrive today. 

Lucky me, I forgot that UPS requires a signature to deliver the product, so now I get to wait until Monday until being able to dig-in  :@ .

Besides that, went ahead and bought the Ducktales remake on Wii U, which I'm enjoying so far, but all the characters are so damn talkative that it really breaks-up the gameplay to a point where it's frustrating.

I noticed that Ducktales is for sale as a physical copy on Amazon. I thought it was digital only? Is there a difference between the physical and digital versions?

PS-I hate signature required drops. They never wait long enough for someone to get to the door.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: November 30, 2013, 03:23:50 PM »
I noticed that Ducktales is for sale as a physical copy on Amazon. I thought it was digital only? Is there a difference between the physical and digital versions?
The disc version released later. There is no difference in the actual game, just the price. $15 for digital or $20 for disc, unless you find a sale.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #1083 on: December 03, 2013, 12:03:32 AM »
Got a Best Buy gift card for my birthday.

Link Between Worlds and Metal Gear Rising. Pretty stoked about the latter (already beat the former).
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Dow Jones

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #1084 on: December 04, 2013, 12:34:21 PM »
A Link Between Worlds and Ys: Memories of Celceta
Add Me!

NNID: skyeevans
3DS: 5370-0428-0148
PSN: dowjonesreno
Tumblr: theskyefiles
Twitter: dowjonesreno
XBL: skyeevans

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: December 04, 2013, 07:37:46 PM »
Got a Best Buy gift card for my birthday.

Link Between Worlds and Metal Gear Rising. Pretty stoked about the latter (already beat the former).

You're in for a treat.  Metal Gear Rising is some of the most fun i've had all year with a video game. 

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: December 05, 2013, 12:54:52 AM »
Roughly 50 lbs of Zelda goodness...

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: December 05, 2013, 05:15:40 PM »
What is it 50lbs of?
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #1088 on: December 05, 2013, 09:28:54 PM »
"HEY! LISTEN!"
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: December 05, 2013, 10:43:19 PM »
It's two copies of Hyrule Historia (regular and CE), each of the individual releases of the hardcover guides (minus the first edition of Twilight Princess, but has the second edition) and the Prima box set. :D

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: December 05, 2013, 11:12:44 PM »
Speaking of Zelda, I picked up my Zelda 3DSXL.

Now I have a download code for ALBW to sell. :D

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: December 06, 2013, 12:40:56 AM »
It wasn't really a purchase, but I redeemed some Club Nintendo coins and got The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. That was the first time I actually opened Wii Mode. I'm not going to play the game until I can get it on Wii U.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: December 06, 2013, 03:45:16 PM »
Picked up a Wii U last night with the NSMB/NSLB combo. Also going to be picking up Black Ops 2 and Monster Hunter in the next few days. Pretty excited to try it out.
My Game Collection

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: December 07, 2013, 02:02:59 AM »
Awesome, make sure to dig through the eshop.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: December 07, 2013, 10:25:47 AM »
I've already been building a wishlist on the eShop. Lots of good looking games.
My Game Collection

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: December 07, 2013, 10:35:13 AM »
I bought Gran Turismo 6 yesterday, but haven't had a chance to play it yet. I really wish it had been on either Vita or PS4, but I'm still excited to jump into it.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: December 07, 2013, 02:26:06 PM »

The biggest disappointment I have with my new 'U' is the lack of range on the gamepad. I had hoped to be able to take the system into my bedroom to play/watch things in bed. Is there any way I can boost the signal? This is kind of ridiculous considering what other technologies are able to do in this day and age. It is one wall. Would love any advise on the matter.

My wife is even telling me to return the system because of it. And the craziest thing is, I actually considered doing that for a moment. I won't, because there are enough reasons I do want to keep it, but it sure killed that 'new system buzz' when I stepped into the next room and the connection abruptly cut off.

I'm thinking about calling Nintendo and seeing if they will throw in some sort of gift my way if I tell them I am disappointed and want to return the system because of it.
My Game Collection

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: December 07, 2013, 03:01:38 PM »
Try to lower the pad or the system itself. It works for me, when pad loses the signal - i put it on the chair beside me and it stabilizes.

I don't have a huge flat but i can play on gamepad nearly everywhere, half of my kitchen is spotty, but now i am typing this post from kitchen's good half and it works okay.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: December 07, 2013, 03:04:27 PM »

The biggest disappointment I have with my new 'U' is the lack of range on the gamepad. I had hoped to be able to take the system into my bedroom to play/watch things in bed. Is there any way I can boost the signal? This is kind of ridiculous considering what other technologies are able to do in this day and age. It is one wall. Would love any advise on the matter.

My wife is even telling me to return the system because of it. And the craziest thing is, I actually considered doing that for a moment. I won't, because there are enough reasons I do want to keep it, but it sure killed that 'new system buzz' when I stepped into the next room and the connection abruptly cut off.

I'm thinking about calling Nintendo and seeing if they will throw in some sort of gift my way if I tell them I am disappointed and want to return the system because of it.

Not the Wii U's fault. Blame your house. Other technologies don't do what the Gamepad does. The Vita and the PS4 (doing the same thing that the Wii U does) has even less range than the Gamepad.

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: December 20, 2013, 12:11:43 AM »
Scott Pilgrim on Xbox for 2.5 bucks.
Devil May Cry 4 and Super Hexagon for a sum of 3 bucks.

I usually don't buy games when i am already involved with many games but 2+ bucks for a good port PC of DMC4 is a very good proposition even if i will likely won't have the time to start even DMC1 (plan to get DMC HD eventually) next year let alone get to 4.