Author Topic: What is your most recent gaming purchase?  (Read 755492 times)

Offline jarodea

• A man of the world, so suave and discrete, he trips over the women piled up at his feet
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Re: What is your most recent gaming purchase?
« Reply #1025 on: October 22, 2013, 09:28:07 PM »
Not counting a few small download purchases, Luigi's Mansion 2 whenever it came out.  Next purchase will be Zelda: ALbW

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: October 23, 2013, 06:57:31 PM »
Yay Goodwill!

20" LCD TV (nothing fancy, I'd say 720p if I were guessing - doesn't even have an HDMI port on it) with built-in DVD player (that I was even expecting to work... but did!) for.... $20. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: October 27, 2013, 04:55:43 PM »
Just bought and downloading

Ace Attorney 5: DD

Won't even be able to start it for a while, but i'm looking forward to it.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline magicpixie

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: October 27, 2013, 07:33:54 PM »
Oooo, for whatever reason, my card has never worked on the eShop... until today!  Phoenix Wright GET!  Love the series; cheese is a staple in my diet!  I also picked up the Secret Files series from the Steam sale on Deep Silver games for $2.50 each or so.  Dunno if they're any good, but I won't be too heartbroken otherwise.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: October 28, 2013, 10:25:23 PM »

SteamWorld: Dig (3DS eShop) - Purchased when on sale. Have a big plan ride coming up soon, thinking this might be just the thing to keep me entertained (while batteries last).

Resident Evil: Revelations (3DS eShop) - Digital purchases aren't really my thing, but I still think Revelations is the best game I've played on 3DS to date, so for $10 I'll happily have it always available. Now to figure out how this Save Transfer tool works to copy over my save data from the game card.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 10:29:30 PM by ejamer »
NNID: ejamer

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #1030 on: October 28, 2013, 10:38:14 PM »
Insert card, run tool, ???, profit! (Or at least a couple dollars loss... not sure of the trade value of a Revelaitons card.)
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: October 29, 2013, 06:08:38 PM »
Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning (PS3)
A fun fantasy game from the minds of 38 Studios, Todd McFarlane, and RA Salvatore. It's basically a Western version of Zelda, but with much more lore and things to find/upgrade. For some reason it's rated M, even though it has mild gore (blood splatter at the worst) and very little swearing ("damn" isn't that offensive). But Halo was given the same rating for the same minuscule reasons, so I digress.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 09:26:52 PM by tendoboy1984 »
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: October 29, 2013, 08:41:21 PM »
Killzone: Shadow Fall, along with a spare Dualshock 4 and the PlayStation 4 Kinect Camera. That's right, all 3 are on my shelf right now, awaiting the PS4's arrival.

I also picked up Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate HD (with included Lords of Shadow 2 demo!) and Proteus. After before you ask, don't buy Proteus. It sucks. One of the most boring experiences I've had all year.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 08:43:40 PM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline magicpixie

• View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: October 29, 2013, 09:04:38 PM »
I gotta say, Killzone is looking really nice.  I'm really digging the open world elements they are using for this game.  I absolutely loved Far Cry 3 and Blood Dragon, so more of that freedom in an FPS is very welcome to me.  Are you getting anything else with the PS4?

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #1034 on: October 29, 2013, 09:22:17 PM »
Thanks to Target clearances, I bought Resident Evil: Giraffe [CENSORED FOR  YOUR PROTECTION] Edition for 360 for $6.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Tamazoid

• Score: -5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: October 30, 2013, 09:19:50 AM »
Been rounding out my Wii collection of late, the cheap prices are quite enticing;
Sakura Wars: So Long My Love, seems to be becoming a rarity in PAL territories.
Little Kings Story: Have heard a lot of good things about this game, very eager to try it out
Red Steel 2: I have a love/hate relationship with the first Red Steel, was unable to pass on this game when I found it for $5 used.

Follow me on Twitter
Or join in at the castle

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: October 30, 2013, 11:50:16 AM »
I gotta say, Killzone is looking really nice.  I'm really digging the open world elements they are using for this game.  I absolutely loved Far Cry 3 and Blood Dragon, so more of that freedom in an FPS is very welcome to me.  Are you getting anything else with the PS4?

Took me a second read to notice you asked a question. Yeah, I'm picking up Knack as well, which is supposed to be out in stores on 11/2.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: November 01, 2013, 12:37:41 PM »
Got Art of Balance and Art Style Orbient on Wii with my Club Nintendo Star points.

Also got AiRace Speed.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: November 05, 2013, 12:42:00 PM »
Bought the Wii Fit U pedometer. It was hard to find. Walmart didn't have it. (I guess they won't have it by itself?) and Toys R Us staff was clueless.

Fred Meyer did have it, but I had to ask to find it. It wasn't in the game case but on the shelf next to the controllers. The box is very tiny, smaller than a deck of cards.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: November 06, 2013, 02:06:46 AM »
Rounding out my PS4 retail game purchases, I picked up Knack today in all its mandatory 35 GB install goodness. I also put down my preorder for Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus.  Incidentally, I think Knack has the best cover art of all the PS4 launch games.

Offline magicpixie

• View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: November 09, 2013, 02:36:18 AM »
Picked up early access for Assetto Corsa from Steam earlier today.  Only has 11 cars, and 4 or 5 tracks, and currently only has a few game modes available, but it's a game I want to support.  Since Project Cars is being shifted to next-gen consoles, and is projected to be out late 2014, I have to make do with the other million or so racing sims I've picked up over the last little whie.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: November 09, 2013, 09:58:51 AM »
Call of Juarez
and
Blood Dragon
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: November 09, 2013, 10:03:19 AM »
I canceled my PS4 preorder because pretty much the only real thing I wanted it for was Vita Remote Play for FIFA 14, so because of that I used my $20 in free PSN credit Sony gave me as part of buying the shitty Vita version of FIFA 14 that's literally just a roster update for the FIFA game from the Vita launch.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline ymeegod

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: November 09, 2013, 10:19:51 AM »
You could have sold your preorder PS4 for a little bit of profit--getting roughly $80 profit easy enough (that's after taxes and paypal fees. 

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #1044 on: November 09, 2013, 04:26:31 PM »
I took advantage of a severe case of retail insanity (Future Shop and their corporate owner Best Buy Canada) to get Call of Duty: Littlest Hobo and Assassin's Creed IV for WiiU for a couple of Rock Band track packs. They had a "trade one PS3/360/WiiU/3DS/Vita game, get CoD/ACIV/BF4 free" deal in Canada that is probably out of stock at this point.

I also made someone's day in line by handing over Steel Diver and Pilotwings Resort, thereby aiding my quest to go all digital-but-Pokemon on 3DS.
Tutorial box out.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: November 09, 2013, 04:30:40 PM »
Yeah, that was an insane deal.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline magicpixie

• View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: November 09, 2013, 08:49:13 PM »
Call of Juarez
and
Blood Dragon

Saw that in the Steam weekend sale.  Both are great games that I was happy to have picked up at full price.

I found a decent deal on a GTX 770 with free shipping and decided to pull the trigger.  I was considering switching allegiances to the AMD cards, but I've heard they're a bit noisy and draw a lot of power atm.  nVidia still probably have a slight edge in driver support, and straight-up features(Shadowplay might end up being really awesome), so I don't feel too bad about going with this card.  The card came with 3 free games: Splinter Cell Blacklist, Arkham Origins, and Assassin's Creed IV.  I already own the first two games, but I'm actually really excited to play Assassin's Creed IV after seeing some Let's Plays(wasn't expecting that considering how underwhelmed I was with Assassin's Creed III).

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: November 10, 2013, 01:55:48 AM »
GRAND THEFT AUTO FIVE!

I'm loving the game so far. I completed the first mission after the bank heist, and now I'm just exploring the huge world of Los Santos and Blaine County. Everything about GTA 5 is highly improved over GTA 4. The graphics are much crisper and actually look HD, the framerate is silky smooth, the driving is snappier and the cars actually grip the road, the water effects are incredible, and the whole game world is filled with detail (graphical and spacial).

Rockstar does not disappoint, as usual.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: November 10, 2013, 04:08:35 PM »
A 3 month PS+ card and two Destiny pre-orders. 
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: November 10, 2013, 05:52:32 PM »
Call of Juarez
and
Blood Dragon

Saw that in the Steam weekend sale.  Both are great games that I was happy to have picked up at full price.

I found a decent deal on a GTX 770 with free shipping and decided to pull the trigger.  I was considering switching allegiances to the AMD cards, but I've heard they're a bit noisy and draw a lot of power atm.  nVidia still probably have a slight edge in driver support, and straight-up features(Shadowplay might end up being really awesome), so I don't feel too bad about going with this card.  The card came with 3 free games: Splinter Cell Blacklist, Arkham Origins, and Assassin's Creed IV.  I already own the first two games, but I'm actually really excited to play Assassin's Creed IV after seeing some Let's Plays(wasn't expecting that considering how underwhelmed I was with Assassin's Creed III).
I'm actually considering switch to AMD because NVIDIA  can't seem to make a stable Windows 8 driver to save their Souls.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.