Author Topic: What is your most recent gaming purchase?  (Read 755408 times)

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
Re: What is your most recent gaming purchase?
« Reply #1000 on: September 10, 2013, 01:52:07 PM »

Finally found a copy of Rogue Trooper: The Quartz Zone Massacre (Wii) in the wild for a price I liked. Have been casually looking for this licensed game for a while now and haven't had much luck. Although still easy to find online, local copies have been tough to find and price+shipping was almost always more than I wanted to pay.

Not really big news, but left me pretty excited since there are only a handful of Wii games remaining that look interesting enough to add to my collection.

Where in the world did you find a new DSi for $44?

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/310292-the-source-clearance-games-small-update-august-24-older-handheld-consoles/page-2

PM sent, but it's probably worth sharing in case others are also interested.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 02:48:56 PM by ejamer »
NNID: ejamer

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: September 22, 2013, 10:01:35 AM »
I took advantage of Target's Buy Two Get One Free sale. I bought The Wonderful 101, Rayman Legends, and Pikmin 3. There's a really good chance that The Wonderful 101 is the only game I keep. Pikmin 3 will be switched out for The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD in a couple weeks and I'm on the fence on Rayman Legends. I thought I only had 30 days to return or exchange, but I have 90 days (until 12/21/2013) so I may switch that for Super Mario 3D World. I don't think I have time for more than those three games so New Super Luigi U, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze will likely have to wait until next year.

Mutant Mudds Deluxe is on sale on the eshop. I was thinking about downloading that.

EDIT: I bought Mutant Mudds. With the left over eshop money I had on there, the rest was less than $5. Tough game.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 12:48:07 PM by Adrock »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: September 22, 2013, 01:03:00 PM »
I got the same three as Adrock, but I plan on keeping Pikmin and Rayman because I CAN BE BOTHERED

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: September 22, 2013, 03:51:48 PM »
Picked up a copy of Dance Dance Revolution Disney Grooves for Wii.  Less than $4, and it seemed like a perfect find for my little girl... until I got home and learned that classic Disney songs included are all dance remakes that sound nothing like the originals.  Yuck!

Making the classic Disney songs work with classic DDR gameplay might've been problematic. So I can understand the reasoning for the huge departure - but that doesn't change the fact that the end result is a *much* less appealing game.

Oh well. Can't win 'em all.   :(

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: September 22, 2013, 06:09:30 PM »
GTA 5... GTA 5... GTA 5... GTA5... Come on paycheck!
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: September 23, 2013, 12:26:06 AM »
Wonderful 101 and Wind Waker ;D
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: September 23, 2013, 01:24:58 AM »
Glad to see people getting W101, just make sure to skim over my guide or give Saur's videos a look.

Yesterday, i bought Arkanoid DS with Paddle controller from play-asia. I have some weird fascination with plastic gaming attachments. I have DK Bongos (no way i am playing Jungle Beat on wii, bongos are godlike), Taiko Wii drum, DDR mat and Guitar Hero DS attachment. Seriously thinking about buying that Pokemon Typing game just for wireless keyboard.

Might take a while till the game and dial controller will come to me with shipping, but it's so gonna be worth it.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: September 23, 2013, 01:38:34 AM »
Welcome to the club!  Although I imported just the Paddle Controller and bought the US release of Arkanoid. :D

Be sure to pick up the other three Paddle Controller related titles to get the most bang from your buck.  As far as I know, they're all pretty cheap now.

If you like cool plastic crap for your DS, you might also check out Magic Piano DS (exactly what it sounds like) and Slide Adventure MagKid, which comes with a neat accessory that pretty much turns your DS into an optical mouse.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: September 23, 2013, 11:45:34 AM »
Jealous of the paddle controller...

Not jealous enough to order my own at that price, but it's a very cool accessory and would make the games that UncleBob lists so much more fun.

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: October 02, 2013, 11:10:00 AM »
Courier left few things at my work:

^ Wii game that got cut on the crappy 3ds photo is pretty much the best game European money can buy: yep, it's Disaster.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: October 02, 2013, 11:23:16 AM »
Did you really just buy all of those games?

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: October 02, 2013, 11:31:11 AM »
Did you really just buy all of those games?
Don't forget the headset on the left.

I want to use on PC but i guess i should have been more thorough -- this one is for smartphones has short wire and uses combo mini jack for microphone and headphones, so now i need some kind of splitter...

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: October 02, 2013, 02:16:53 PM »
I wish I was made of money. :(

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: October 02, 2013, 09:29:52 PM »
Why is Mario in such a large package?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: October 02, 2013, 11:48:01 PM »
I wish I was made of money. :(
So do i. But i can afford to spend a fraction of my monthly paycheck on my hobbies once in a blue moon.

Why is Mario in such a large package?
It's a carton box that contains actual game case and that hilarious educational DVD about "how to play Mario". By the end it does ramp up and shows some neat tricks though.

Apart from headset problem my other disappointment with this order is that european version of Big Bang Mini that i got doesn't have glorious holographic cover.

Offline AnGer

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: October 04, 2013, 05:08:28 AM »
Ordered EO Untold and one of the last copies of SMT IV's special edition. Both due to arrive this week.

Offline magicpixie

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: October 04, 2013, 04:41:47 PM »
Ordered a copy of Beyond: Two Souls from Amazon; looking forward to playing that.  I know it's kinda the "it" thing to do to hate on these games, but I've enjoyed them for the most part.

Downloading Game Stock Car 2013 from Reiza's website right now, and it is pretty slow right now.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: October 05, 2013, 06:11:52 PM »
Currently playing:
Saints Row The Third (PS3)
Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii)
Kirby Returns To Dreamland (Wii)

Buying soon:
Grand Theft Auto 5 (PS3)
Saints Row 4 (PS3)
Splinter Cell Blacklist (PS3)
Rayman Origins (PS3)
Watch_Dogs (PS3)

Wow, that's 3 Ubisoft games that I really want. Ubisoft is one of my favorite publishers.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 06:19:37 PM by tendoboy1984 »
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: October 16, 2013, 12:56:34 AM »
I posted this in the wrong thread, ignore this post...
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 11:38:16 PM by azeke »

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: October 16, 2013, 01:23:40 AM »
Knack (pre-order)
Killzone: Shadow Fall (pre-order)
Batman: Arkham City Origins - Blackgate Vita (pre-order)
The Wolf Among Us - Episode 1

Yeah, nothing too exciting right now. With Beyond finished, I'm really not in the market for more games until just before the PS4 releases.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: October 16, 2013, 10:36:31 PM »
Who in there right mind would waste money on Knack? It will be on PS+ in like 4 months.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: October 16, 2013, 11:38:46 PM »
Who in there right mind would waste money on Knack? It will be on PS  in like 4 months.

Perhaps (and the Japanese are getting it for free as a pack-in, which is ironic considering it's the only Japanese game at launch besides Yakuza), but I'm interested in it and early impressions have been positive overall. I also feel like it complements Killzone well as a launch game.  Besides, if I decided every purchase I made by its likelihood of one day becoming a PS+ game, I'd never buy anything on the PSN store.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: October 20, 2013, 06:43:52 PM »
I noticed that Sid Meyer's Railroads! was back on Steam so I got the Railroad Tycoon bundle that had RRT2, RRT3 and Railroads!. For whatever reason I'm quite partial to the graphics engine they use in Railroads! as it is obviously the same engine that powers Pirates!, Civ 4 and the Colonization remake. I finding charming that they all look and sound alike since a lot of the sound effects are the same as well.

I wish that we'd get a sequel to both Railroads! and Pirates! (Sid sure likes his exclamations!)

Also, Steam has all Stardock titles on sale for 50%-70% off so I got Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion with it's DLC for $12. I liked the original so I'm excited to get back into the game.

Lastly I got Pokemon X. I am planning to pick up Rune Factory 4 but I will wait until I've had some time with Pokemon first. Maybe I can find a good sale for RF4 over Black Friday. I've got plenty of Gaming Goodness to keep me busy for now. Though this make is nearly certain I won't get a Wii U until next year.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: October 20, 2013, 09:37:11 PM »
Hey Broodwars, what do you think of the Wolf Among Us?

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: October 21, 2013, 01:06:00 AM »
Hey Broodwars, what do you think of the Wolf Among Us?

It's good. If you liked The Walking Dead, you'll like The Wolf Among Us. It has a bit more action, the action's more refined, and it's not a ****ing zombie game. So far, I'm digging it (especially the somewhat-80s crime show atmosphere), and that end-of-the-episode cliffhanger is evil. Also, there is an opening credit sequence that's pretty awesome. I kind of want to read the Fables comics now.