Author Topic: What is your most recent gaming purchase?  (Read 760488 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: What is your most recent gaming purchase?
« Reply #800 on: May 19, 2013, 10:07:35 PM »
Super Mario Kart (SNES) - $3.
Dr. Mario/Tetris (SNES) - $3.
Game Cube Controller - $2.
Where do you find stuff this cheap? Goodwill?

The two SNES games were found at a local mission store.  The controller was found at a yard sale. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline magicpixie

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: May 20, 2013, 12:16:32 PM »
Picked up Metro: Last Light from Greenmangaming; I had a $15 credit from purchasing Bioshock Infinite earlier this year.  I've been really digging into some FPSes recently, and this game is looking to really scratch my itch for a good single-player campaign.

There's been some really interesting media surrounding this game's release.  Holding back "Ranger" mode for preorder/$5 DLC was a really bad decision, IMO.  The story that came out last week about Metro's budget being 10% of its competitors' was really interesting.  I'm not sure what to make of that.  Was Metro's budget just really low, and 4A games just cracked the whip?  Or are their competitors' games just really that inflated?  For that matter, who are their competitors?

Anyway, downloading it now.  I've got a bit left to go in FarCry 3(soooooo good....), so I'll be finishing that up before jumping into Metro.

Offline MukiDA

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: May 20, 2013, 12:53:06 PM »
 Brand new iCade: $30 (at The XChange)
Gabrielle's Ghostly Groove: $20 (e-shop)

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #803 on: May 20, 2013, 11:31:51 PM »
Super Metroid: The best 30 cents I've ever spent.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: May 23, 2013, 04:52:20 PM »

It's in amazing condition too.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: May 23, 2013, 04:54:40 PM »
Nice! Congrats on picking up the Metroid Trilogy. Hard to find and usually expensive.
It's such a great package.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: May 23, 2013, 05:00:44 PM »
The Last Ninja 2 on Wii VC

...don't you dare judge me!!
Gouge away.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #807 on: May 23, 2013, 05:01:16 PM »
They actually had two. I was tempted to buy both and sell the better copy on ebay.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #808 on: May 23, 2013, 05:01:51 PM »
Suprised you found it for $58.49, usually the cheapest you can find it for is $70 (like I did when I bought it in 2011). Did you also manage to get a copy that still had all the bonus stuff in it? I was surprised that whoever traded in the copy I bought also traded-in all the extras, which made me happy
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #809 on: May 23, 2013, 05:05:22 PM »
Yep, everything is still inside it. I'm pretty damn pleased. Even the sales associate was surprised they had so many for so cheap.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: May 24, 2013, 07:19:03 AM »
Awesome find for Metroid Prime Trilogy.
NNID: ejamer

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: May 24, 2013, 06:24:22 PM »
Samba de Amigo (Wii) - 99 cents.
Some generic plastic maraca attachments, complete in box. $5.99.

Wasn't too keen on the plastic attachments, but since the game was only 99 cents, why not?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #812 on: May 24, 2013, 07:52:07 PM »
I grabbed DKCR3D off the eShop and with the remaining funds on my eShop account, I grabbed...

KERSPLOOSH.

I regret nothing.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #813 on: May 24, 2013, 09:20:25 PM »

Code of Princess (3DS) - Saw a complete boxed copy (ie: with art book and CD) for $15 and couldn't really turn it down.  Had this game before, but traded it away for Heroes of Ruin, which was then traded for Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask. Obviously enjoyed Code of Princess enough to reacquire.

Bit.Trip Complete (Wii) - Despite already owning the digital 3DS version, this superior release was one of the (very few) games remaining on my Wii wish list. Well, seeing a complete copy (with CD) for $15 made me decide to cross it off the list while I had the chance.

Good night in my opinion.

Samba de Amigo (Wii) - 99 cents.
Some generic plastic maraca attachments, complete in box. $5.99.

For what it's worth, I think the game is more fun with the attachments.  Not better... but definitely more fun.

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #814 on: May 24, 2013, 11:41:57 PM »
All three Wii U eShop games for $3, and RE: Revelations on Wii U for review!
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: May 27, 2013, 02:52:56 AM »
Resident Evil Revelaitons HD and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D

[Note: For simplicity's sake, I'm rounding up as well as ignoring sales tax.]

I wasn't planning on getting either this month, but my friend told me of the Toys "R" Us Buy One Get One 40% Off sale. I originally bought Mario Tennis Open with the intention of switching it out for Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D because I thought it was coming out this week, not May 24. Anyway, the way Toys "R" Us rings up the sale price is they subtract half the savings from each game so $8 was taken from Revelaitons and $8 was taken off Mario Tennis Open. When I went to exchange the games on Friday, they only exchanged the 3DS games which screwed everything up. Mario Tennis Open came up as its $32 sale price and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D came up as $35 (full-price) so they made me pay the difference. That didn't make sense to me, but I was in a rush and they were closing soon so I paid it and left.

I was going to just leave it, but I did the math and realized I was overcharged like $6 so I went back Saturday morning. Their system wasn't letting them refund the correct amount to me. They tried a variety of things, called a manager over etc. My understanding is the difference in price between Mario Tennis Open and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D was causing the problem and since they already used my original receipt to do the exchange, they couldn't use it again to fix the mistake. What they ended up having to do was return both Resident Evil Revelaitons HD and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D for full price, resell the games for the sale price then refund the difference of $14 to me.

TL;DR: I ended up saving an additional $8. I was at Toys "R" Us on Saturday morning for about 25 minutes, but it was worth it.

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #816 on: May 27, 2013, 11:12:09 PM »
We should play Raid Mode together sometime.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: May 27, 2013, 11:45:13 PM »
Definitely. I'm currently slogging through Casual to unlock all the Raid Mode stages. I think I'm in Episode 5. I haven't touched Raid Mode yet so I'll be a noob for a while until I level up some.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: May 28, 2013, 11:01:07 PM »
Picked up The Harvest a Sci-fi Rougelike (or whatever genre Diablo is) from the Windows Store. Its more pretty decent but I felt the areas are a bit too long for my liking.  Probably just since i'm playing with a touchpad/screen instead of using a proper mouse.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #819 on: May 28, 2013, 11:08:08 PM »
Bought the PS3 Pulse Elite gaming headset. It's fucking awesome! It has 7.1 VSS with the PS3, and it works with the Wii U and BLOPS2! It also is a very good pair of cans on its own when I listen to music. Seriously, best money I ever spent.

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #820 on: May 28, 2013, 11:49:16 PM »
Grabbed Starship Damrey off the eShop in an attempt to save a crap-ton of money at E3 (website affiliated with Shop of the Future had a competition to beat it by the end of the day PDT, and I could get a bunch of $20 coupons).
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: May 29, 2013, 08:29:30 AM »
Bought the PS3 Pulse Elite gaming headset. It's fucking awesome! It has 7.1 VSS with the PS3, and it works with the Wii U and BLOPS2! It also is a very good pair of cans on its own when I listen to music. Seriously, best money I ever spent.
I was hoping this would be true. I will have to wait for this to go on sale. Thanks for the info. +1

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #822 on: May 29, 2013, 09:02:46 AM »
Etrian Odyssey IV (3DS) - Now on sale for $30 in the eShop, and at EB Games/Amazon in Canada... possibly other locations too.  For a physical copy of one of my most wanted games on the console, that seemed reasonable. Look forward to playing after enjoying the demo a great deal; will probably start over instead carrying my demo data forward though.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: May 29, 2013, 10:35:37 AM »
Grabbed Starship Damrey off the eShop in an attempt to save a crap-ton of money at E3 (website affiliated with Shop of the Future had a competition to beat it by the end of the day PDT, and I could get a bunch of $20 coupons).
I am not sure I fully understand this statement but it sounds like someone was handing out Future Shop coupons. Please to explain? Still available? How to obtain?
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #824 on: May 29, 2013, 09:22:12 PM »
There's a website called tsilon (tsilon.ca) that's affiliated with FutureShop. It's a sort-of ARG where you take knowledge quizzes and game challenges to build a knowledge level. Once you reach level 10 and beat one of the game challenges, you get coupons for money off things - usually game preorders.

They tend to go a little nuts around E3.

It's invite only, and I've only got one invite right now. PM me if you want to take a crack at it.
Tutorial box out.