Author Topic: What is your most recent gaming purchase?  (Read 755212 times)

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
Re: What is your most recent gaming purchase?
« Reply #425 on: September 15, 2012, 04:08:39 PM »
Just bought Air Conflicts: Secret Wars for 360, a game so obscure Wikipedia doesn't have an article for it.

I'm holding it until about 11am tomorrow, at which point I'm flipping it at Shop of the Future for the Kirby Collection

That Kirby deal is really excellent. I've been looking around for a good flip, but don't want to trade in any of my games that qualify and haven't see a found a good game to buy for the trade. Was Air Conflicts a good price?
NNID: ejamer

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 15, 2012, 04:14:05 PM »
On Thursday I bought four 3DS eShop titles, three of them fairly recent and one from a while back that I missed. They were Fractured Soul, Speed X 3D, Touch Battle Tank 3D and Ketzal's Corridors.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #427 on: September 15, 2012, 07:28:52 PM »
That Kirby deal is really excellent. I've been looking around for a good flip, but don't want to trade in any of my games that qualify and haven't see a found a good game to buy for the trade. Was Air Conflicts a good price?

$20+tax at EB used. I was originally going to flip Modern Warfare 3 (on for $20 at Walmart) but they took it off the list the SAME DAY.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 16, 2012, 02:16:51 AM »
Got this little gem 2 days ago. It's a cross between Battle Star Galatica and Star Trek Voyager as you run away from an over whelming Rebel fleet, jumping from system to system dealing with asshole aliens, spacial anomalies and special events. Games can last 15 minutes to hours. It's amazingly fun and easy to play, but quite deep.

It's currently on MAC, PC and Linux. For the Launch week it's 10% off from it's normal price of $9.99. It's one of the best 9 buck you can spend.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 24, 2012, 08:26:24 AM »
Recently took the plunge and picked up a 3DS XL, and found myself walking out with a copy of New Super Mario Bros 2.  I justified the purchase of the game as "well, my wife will want this game eventually, anyway", but I've really enjoyed it so far.  I didn't particularly enjoy the original on the DS, but Mario seems to move much more smooth and fluid on this game.  That and the inclusion of the Racoon tail make all the difference in this game being fun, because while the coin count is an interesting addition, it hasn't been the reason why i've been exploring the nooks and crannies of the levels.

I also went ahead and got the Kirby collection.  I didn't realize it was selling for $40, which was a bit disappointing, but I still feel it's worth it.  Just wish more Kirby's Epic Yarn music was on the soundtrack.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #430 on: September 24, 2012, 08:48:03 AM »
Tekken Tag Tournament 2. It is cool and has alliteration!

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 24, 2012, 08:55:45 AM »
La Mulana. Great title. Hard as f***.
Gouge away.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 24, 2012, 09:57:52 AM »

Also grabbed La Mulana over the weekend, but haven't had time to play yet. Rather looking forward to it, but wonder (based on reports about difficulty) how many people bought without realizing how difficult it's going to be and will give up almost immediately.

Traded in some games that were never going to played again. Picked up GoldenEye 007 (Wii) after the Connectivity podcast placed in the top 10 Wii games. Early impressions are mixed. Game seems to be quality, but certainly not something I'd drop in my personal top 10 at this point.

Also grabbed some additional Wii points to fill out my Virtual Console/WiiWare/DLC library. Not quite sure how to spend them yet. (Extra content for The Beatles Rock Band is tempting. It's amazing that you can buy that game for under $10 at EB Games now - I know the Rock Band craze is over, but this is an amazing tribute to one of the best bands of all time.)
NNID: ejamer

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 24, 2012, 02:47:40 PM »

Also grabbed La Mulana over the weekend, but haven't had time to play yet. Rather looking forward to it, but wonder (based on reports about difficulty) how many people bought without realizing how difficult it's going to be and will give up almost immediately.

I just threw in the towel man, lol. I really tried. I made a a thread about my attempts. La Mulana isn't difficult. La Mulana is f***ed up, lol.
Gouge away.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 24, 2012, 06:07:03 PM »
I ended up buying DemonScore for iOS.  It plays very similar to EBA.  It's a little darker, at least at first.  I have not had many chances to play it.  I've basically played through the first "chapter" of it and it's fun.  It's again where you have to unlock the harder difficulties by beating the lower difficulties.  I'm hoping there is a lot more cheese in the game as it progresses.

FYI, it's only $6.99 on the app store.  I haven't heard if it's released for Android yet.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: September 24, 2012, 08:38:03 PM »
Welp, just found out that Square Enix made this game a DLC scam.  There is a ton of extra content that you can't get unless you pay more.  In fact, to get the same thing that Japan gets for $19, you have to shell out $47.  I'm kind of pissed.  I'll try to enjoy what I have, but I'm not helping their bottom line any farther regardless of how much I want to play and hear more of it.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: September 24, 2012, 09:07:59 PM »
Hmm... Louieturkey, have you played Theatrhythm on the 3DS? Just curious, given it's another rhythm game and especially has some very EBA-esque gameplay sequences.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #437 on: September 24, 2012, 11:23:54 PM »
Tomorrow I'll be here saying "Dead or Alive 5."
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 25, 2012, 02:29:25 PM »
Hmm... Louieturkey, have you played Theatrhythm on the 3DS? Just curious, given it's another rhythm game and especially has some very EBA-esque gameplay sequences.
Don't have a 3DS and have no plans to get one anytime soon.  It is one game I want to play though.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 25, 2012, 02:43:06 PM »
I played the demo for Theaterhythm. It's one of the most fun games I've ever played. More relaxing than Guitar Hero, and much easier to play.

I'm surprised it took Square this long to create this type of game. It's brilliant!
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #440 on: September 26, 2012, 09:00:32 PM »
Dead or Alive 5 Collector's Edition. Totally worth it.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline ThomasO

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
    • deviantART account
« Reply #441 on: September 26, 2012, 10:07:41 PM »
Got Silent Hill: Shattered Memories and The Conduit for about $20 on Amazon. I started into Silent Hill, and I'm only up to where I just learned how to use my phone (game didn't come with manual). It has really nice graphics, it reminds me of Resident Evil 4.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 26, 2012, 10:09:09 PM »
I picked up FIFA 13 for 360 yesterday. This has been my most anticipated game for a while due to improvements to the gameplay and the career mode. I can't wait to take the Sounders to the MLS Cup and the United States to the World Cup, or whatever their non-licensed name for it is.

J.P. Corbran

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #443 on: September 26, 2012, 10:14:07 PM »
Why isn't the World Cup and other international tournaments in the game? They already have the FIFA license (and the World Cup is just their championship tournament). It would be like a Madden game not having the Super Bowl (but instead a "National Championship").
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 26, 2012, 10:23:32 PM »
You're right, it doesn't make sense, but it doesn't have the World Cup branding. Maybe that's just so they can sell a separate game for Brazil 2014 like they have for previous World Cups. The Champions League at least makes some sense since Konami has the exclusive license for it for Pro Evo.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #445 on: September 26, 2012, 11:48:29 PM »
Picked up Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit for PSN last night. Been playing a bit of it tonight, and I'll say one word to describe it:

Crazy.

Lots of cartoony, gory violence, and Ash (the main character) has very unique ways of taking out the bigger monsters in each level. I'm in to Zone 4 now, and boss fights are starting to ramp up in difficulty -- a good sign, indeed. So far, though? Loving it. It's nuts. Oh, and hell yeah! :P:
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 27, 2012, 10:07:42 AM »
Dead or Alive 5 Collector's Edition. Totally worth it.

So Tekken, Soul Caliber, and DOA are still popular, but what happened to Virtua Fighter (the granddaddy of 3D fighters)? It's a shame that SEGA pretty much abandoned it after VF5.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #447 on: September 27, 2012, 04:08:57 PM »
If it helps any, 2 characters from the Virtua Fighter series (Akira and Sarah Bryant) are playable in Dead or Alive 5.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #448 on: September 27, 2012, 04:52:24 PM »
Indeed they are. Akira is a cheap bastard with overpowered attacks.

I don't know if Tekken's ever been "popular" outside a pretty small cliche of fighting game enthusiasts. I'd consider it the most technical of the modern 3D fighters. Soul Calibur is becoming MORE technical, and DoA is still pretty casual for a 3D fighter. The most complicated thing in the series is the timing of holds.

That's maybe the one thing I don't like about the game so far: they've shortened the window for hold timing. In Dimensions, it was a good, manageable window. In DoA5, it seems pretty short. And the problem is that you can't block and then try for a hold. You just can't be blocking, so if your hold fails, you're on the mat.

On the other hand, tits.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #449 on: September 27, 2012, 06:21:47 PM »
Tekken always sells like gangbusters, actually.
http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Best_selling_game_franchises
I've heard 3 to 6 million of those were Tekken 6.

I bought TTT2, it's neat

It's a shame that SEGA pretty much abandoned it after VF5.
Actually, no, they haven't. They've put out a couple of revisions for VF5. Virtual Fighter 5 Final Solution Final Tuned just came out for PSN/XBLA. It's really good!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 06:26:47 PM by S-U-P-E-R »