Author Topic: What is your most recent gaming purchase?  (Read 755158 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: What is your most recent gaming purchase?
« Reply #150 on: February 05, 2012, 01:19:06 AM »
Naw, the servers just don't exist anymore.

Also - Mario Teaches Typing 2 has some pretty awful animation on it... It's no wonder Nintendo doesn't like to license their characters out anymore...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 05, 2012, 02:53:03 AM »
On Steam:
Pixeljunk Eden, Fortune Summoners, Pineapple Smash Crew.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 05, 2012, 08:04:19 AM »
Bought Drilldozer at Walmart
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 05, 2012, 09:42:01 AM »
And, last, but not least, I got my wife's Valentine's Day present - $4.

It's supposed to look like a turtle, but what is it's purpose? It's just an ornament?

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 05, 2012, 09:55:36 AM »
Looks like a $4 footrest to me.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 05, 2012, 10:09:00 AM »
you might want to look for another present. I have a feeling that wont go down well.

anyways, my gaming purchase are..

and

my backlog hit the single digit milestone! I am excite.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 10:39:12 AM by Lithium »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 05, 2012, 10:55:05 AM »
Yeah, it's a foot stool.
And she liked it (gave it to her early)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 05, 2012, 11:28:24 AM »
With a little work and imagination that foot rest could become a Koopa Troopa.
is your sanity...

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 05, 2012, 02:44:37 PM »
Koopa Troopa, footrest, what's the difference?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #159 on: February 05, 2012, 07:58:14 PM »
Also - Mario Teaches Typing 2 has some pretty awful animation on it... It's no wonder Nintendo doesn't like to license their characters out anymore...

But Nintendo published the typing games themselves. Interplay developed them, but Nintendo published them.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 05, 2012, 08:04:50 PM »
Mario Teaches Typing 2 is a computer game developed by Brainstorm and published by Interplay Entertainment.

Of course, that's from Wikipedia...  but the only mention of Nintendo on the disc is that it's licensed by them and some general copyright information.  Brainstorm and Interplay are both all over the disc.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 05, 2012, 09:04:28 PM »
My most recent purchase (sort of. It was a delayed Christmas gift) was Final Fantasy XIII-2 Collector's Edition for the PS3, and the game is quite good (even if the story is really badly told in places).  I am also picking up The Darkness 2 for PS3 (also a Collector's Edition, though it was a free upgrade) on Tuesday.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 05, 2012, 09:08:48 PM »
Looks like a $4 footrest to me.
Yeah, it's a foot stool.

Ooooooooooooooh. Thanks for answering.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 06, 2012, 02:09:45 PM »
you might want to look for another present. I have a feeling that wont go down well.
My Wife's getting the $140 ticket she got by lieing to me.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 08, 2012, 02:19:21 PM »
New game get!
Resident Evil: Revelaitons + 3DS Case + $16.50 refund (!)

So when GameStop called to inform me that the pre-order had arrived, I asked about the bonus cases. The clerk on the phone had no idea what I was talking about, which left me slightly worried, but after getting an explanation promised to look around for them. No problem. When I went to pick up the game the bonus case was sitting ready to go at the same time.

When I picked up the game I also made a point to ask about the price drop and if that had any effect on my preorder. The games I had traded only cost me $10 each, so it didn't matter much to me if there was any change. Worst case scenario, the now-$40 Resident Evil wouldn't qualify for that trade-in deal and I'd switch my preorder to Xenoblade and pay for Resident Evil out of pocket. Best case scenario, I walk out with some store credit or whatever to cover the difference. Can't hurt to ask either way.

Well, the clerk had a funny look for a second and then admitted that his computer said they owed me cash back and I could get a $16.50 refund. (Slightly odd that he wouldn't have said anything if I didn't ask about it, but this is GameStop so it's not really surprising.)  I explained that I hadn't actually paid for the game but used one of the trade-in deals available. Was he sure that cash back is correct?  He looked at the receipt again, then at the computer, and finally nodded: "It says 'cash' on the receipt so my only choice is to give it back to you in cash."

Ka-ching. When preordering, I did drop $6.50 in pocket change to cover the expected taxes. That must be why the payment type was listed as cash. Since the price had dropped well below the $50 trade value I had received, there were apparently no taxes being charged this time and I'd get that money plus the $10 price drop back into my pocket.

Still doesn't make sense to me - feels like someone or something was screwed up on their end - but I certainly can't complain about the end result. Trading a $10 copy of Pilotwings Resort for Resident Evil is one of the best gaming deals I've gotten this year.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 02:21:58 PM by ejamer »
NNID: ejamer

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: February 08, 2012, 03:11:20 PM »
Got a call from my wife we now own Cynder and Double Trouble.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 08, 2012, 05:35:44 PM »
My Wife's getting the $140 ticket she got by lieing to me.

You ticket your wife for lying to you? Now that is a man.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 09, 2012, 08:52:57 AM »

Did she get me one too?

Picked up Resident Evil DS, the new Star Trek: Next Gen blu-ray and two tickets to Episode 1 for tonight.  Yeah, I like torture.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 09, 2012, 10:14:58 AM »
I bought Resident Evil Jill: Jill's Revelaitons (Jill) on 3DS on Tuesday. I finally played it last night. Semi-related: my iPhone didn't even try to auto-correct "Revelaitons."

Jill Valentine + catsuit = fapping
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 10:17:15 AM by Adrock »

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 09, 2012, 10:36:36 AM »
... and two tickets to Episode 1 for tonight.  Yeah, I like torture.

It's not a great movie, but I bet it will still be fun to watch. Just seeing the pod racing scenes in 3D should be worth the price of admission.

To make this partially game related, I wish there was a 3D/HD remake of Star Wars Episode I: Racer.  That game was excellent on N64, right down to the pod customization and (optional) dual-analog controls.  Timing would make sense with the theatrical re-release.

I bought Resident Evil Jill: Jill's Revelaitons (Jill) on 3DS on Tuesday. I finally played it last night. Semi-related: my iPhone didn't even try to auto-correct "Revelaitons."

Jill Valentine + catsuit = fapping

I showed my wife the opening scene for RE:R. Her comments:
  • "Wow, boobs!"
  • "And a tight ass too!"
  • "This is creepy and might give me nightmares. I'm done." (Note: This was after a body fell out of the air ducts, not talking about Jill.)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 10:41:00 AM by ejamer »

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 09, 2012, 10:38:17 AM »

Did she get me one too?

Picked up Resident Evil DS, the new Star Trek: Next Gen blu-ray and two tickets to Episode 1 for tonight.  Yeah, I like torture.
If I would have known you were looking for them I would have asked her.

I thought you were only missing 1.

I'll go see Episode 1 in the theaters for nostalgia and the Pod Racing scenes.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 09, 2012, 10:56:50 AM »
Note: This was after a body fell out of the air ducts, not talking about Jill.
Of course, she wasn't talking about Jill. That would silliness. Your wife has excellent taste in video game boobs and ass.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 09, 2012, 11:31:52 AM »
Recent eShop gets:
  • Zen Pinball - Love it love it love it. Made a full post about the game because I was so excited. Look forward to DLC being announced eventually.
  • VVVVVV - Comes highly recommended, and I'm too lazy to get my Humble Indie Bundle copy to work on Ubuntu.
  • GO Series Undead Storm - Surprisingly fun for a $2 pick-up, and good enough that I've dropped a couple hours into it. But really begs to be played with friends instead of solo. No online or download play modes make that scenario unlikely for me.  :(
  • Blaster Master Enemy Below - Haven't tried this yet, but what's not to like about Blaster Master on the go?
  • Bionic Commando - Beat this game long ago on Game Boy and remember it being decent portable action. Recently beat the GBC version too, but didn't like how the big sprites limited your field of view in that release.
Normally I would focus on Resident Evil instead of grabbing downloadable games at the same time, but lately my gaming sessions have been of the "15 minutes or less" variety so RE isn't getting the love it deserves yet.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 09, 2012, 02:03:55 PM »
It's not a great movie, but I bet it will still be fun to watch. Just seeing the pod racing scenes in 3D should be worth the price of admission.

I didn't think that Episode One could get much worse... then I heard it would be in 3D. Because... y'know... that always makes movies better. LOL.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 09, 2012, 02:04:52 PM »

I didn't think that Episode One could get much worse... then I heard it would be in 3D. Because... y'know... that always makes movies better. LOL.
With how much Lucas likes to fiddle with those films maybe he toned down Jar Jar... Huh Huh...