Author Topic: Sega Pass gets hacked  (Read 1182 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Sega Pass gets hacked
« on: June 18, 2011, 11:34:55 PM »
I just got an email from Sega and they informed me that Sega Pass got hacked. They also said that a subset of SEGA Pass members emails addresses, dates of birth and encrypted passwords were obtained. To stress, none of the passwords obtained were stored in plain text.  If you guys remember I got an account over at the Sega forums so that I could try to set up an interview between HVS and NWR way back before The Conduit came out.  They also recomended to change the login  info of other sites if it is the same as the Sega Pass log in info.
They say they got hacked on the 16th and they sent me the email on the 17th.So it was a pretty fast turn around when letting everyone about it and they were upfront with everyone.

Now this type of thing has been happening alot with all the console manufactures and now things are starting to show up on internet sites. This is a quite frankly a scary thing.  Has anybody had to handle this type of thing recently with any of the other consoles and or sites?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 11:59:01 PM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.