Author Topic: Time to Say Goodbye  (Read 10899 times)

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Time to Say Goodbye
« on: April 02, 2007, 10:50:50 AM »
After five years with Nintendo World Report, it is time for me to say goodbye.  This morning I accepted a position with another company, and they have made it clear that I would no longer be able to contribute to NWR.  However you guys might still see me around a bit tomorrow.

I’ve warned the staff of my possible departure for well over a year, but now that it's for real, it still feels like a surprise.  I'm sure that few of our faithful readers would have seen this coming.  Working on this site has been more of a lifestyle than a job.  Billy made sure this team felt like a family from the very beginning, and that’s still how I think of the staff, and of course many of the familiar voices in the forums. I look forward to being a reader once again, and I'm confident that WindyMan has the vision and determination to continue making this site better than ever.  

Some people have asked whether I’d still be able to drop in on the podcast or the forums, but at this point, I’m not so sure that I can.  For now, I’ll say goodbye, and if you see me here again, think of it as a nice surprise.

Warm regards,  
Daniel Bloodworth
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Time to Say Goodbye
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 11:03:03 AM »
Well.  I guess I speak for everyone when I say good luck, youve done a great job.
WiiCode: 2469 4326 9885 9257

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 11:04:53 AM »
I still remember my first few days on the site. A few staffers had contacted me, saying congratulations and such, and welcoming me to the team. I was still pretty intimidated by the new job, though, and didn't really make the effort to "make friends" with anyone. But Dan was the first one to shoot the breeze with me and really make me feel comfortable, and "one of the team." Since then he's always made sure I had all the help I needed getting acclimated, and I've tried to emulate that kind of attitude every time someone new hops aboard.

Dan, you're great writer and a hard worker, but more than anything else, you're a great friend, and I know you'll do an awesome job  - they're lucky to have you.

Happy trails - I know we'll cross paths again.  
I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 11:19:50 AM »
Oh, who will make Bender waffles just the way he likes them now?  Of course, by "Bender," I mean the Funhouse, and by "make waffles," I mean change the title of the forum.

In all seriousness, congratulations on the new job and good luck.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 11:23:58 AM »
I remember back when I first joined the forum and Bloodworth was only a forumer (I was still a teenager then; now I feel old).  He always had some of the best posts so it was no surprise when he became a staff member.  It was actually pretty cool.  It's was like "one of the guys" got to work on the site.

Dan you've done a great job on the site and you'll be missed.  Good luck at your new job.

You also have the coolest last name I've ever heard.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 11:50:22 AM »
Good luck with your new venture.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 12:02:19 PM »
Good luck!  Drop us a line from time to time (if you can) and let us know what you're up to.

This morning I accepted a position with another company, and they have made it clear that I would no longer be able to contribute to NWR.
Hm, I noticed that you deliberately didn't mention what the company is.  Should we assume it's gaming-related?  Is that why you can't continue to work for NWR?  Is there going to be another place where we can soon get our daily Bloodworth fix?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2007, 12:04:50 PM »
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Do we get to know where you are heading to?

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 12:11:57 PM »
Yeah, it's gaming related. I'll try to let you guys know if I find out that I can.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2007, 12:18:23 PM »
Aw, and I was just getting used to the non-hardcore-serious you...  (Though hopefully you still post here in the forums...I don't see why not...)

Good luck with your new job!    
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2007, 12:50:11 PM »
Congrats!

Can I have your job now?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
RE:Time to Say Goodbye
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2007, 01:11:31 PM »
Wait a minute. I think I've figured it out. Bloodworth is playing the most elaborate practical joke ever. He's getting it ready a whole YEAR in advance. Man, Bloodworth is the greatest.

Of course, just in case I'm wrong (and that is doubtful) I do hope Bloodworth is going to a happy place.

And I guess I'll be the one to take Bloodworth's place on the forums. I'm probably the one best suited to make sure his legacy lives on untarnished. Of course, I'll have to ban people and lock threads but that's life.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2007, 01:22:09 PM »
Wow, I never saw that coming, well may you be fortunate with your new job...and do please surprise us here on NWR once in a while.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2007, 01:35:00 PM »
Goodluck with your new job!
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2007, 03:00:20 PM »
Aww, see you around mate (I'll catch you at the usual coffee shop). Good luck with the new job and things! =)

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2007, 03:06:16 PM »
I hope you're pulling a Dampe but if not, best of luck.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2007, 03:14:24 PM »
Congratulations on the new job, Dan. Best of luck with the future. Don't be a stranger.

Offline Syl

• O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2007, 04:10:41 PM »
Hell, even I remember back when you were a forum-goer.  Good luck.

PlanetN2000 anyone?

Offline MarioAllStar

• Weird and Wonderful
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2007, 05:32:23 PM »
Thanks for your all your contributions over the years and I wish you the best of luck in your new job.
Thanks for listening.

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2007, 05:45:00 PM »
So can RABicle get unbanned now?
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2007, 05:48:57 PM »
Bloodworth has a nasty reputation as a koo-elle dude.  Have fun at your new job, man, and be sure to tell them how the weather is up there.  Get it?  Because you are quite tall and would therefore have different weather than those shorter?  Get it?  Man I knew you wouldn't get it.  It's such an obtuse joke.
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2007, 06:13:13 PM »

Originally posted by: 18 Days

Hey, that's a great idea. Before you go Bloodworth, you should unban anyone that has been banned and unlock any threads that have been locked. That will show NWR just how important you are. And I'll be there to let everyone know, "Well, when Bloodworth was around, we didn't have....." etc.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2007, 07:19:54 PM »
NOOOOOO! Who will ban the idiots now?

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2007, 07:27:15 PM »
Best of luck with the new job.  This place seems to have a nice effect for staffers moving on.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2007, 07:28:29 PM »
In the immortal words of Bloodworth:

RABicle, you've been here a long time and you've repeatedly flown in the face of our rules. And now you're COMPLAINING about me acting on things things I've been far too patient with you about. I don't need to warn you again. You're gone, and you suck for making me do this.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2007, 09:43:37 AM »
Damn. Now whose secret plots will I forward?
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Shecky

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2007, 03:43:42 PM »
We'll always remember how you were such a push over in Metroid Prime Hunters....  Best of luck.

I best get your Wii code eventually especially if Metroid Corruption has multiplayer, mark my words

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2007, 10:06:09 PM »
Now that's over with, I can step in place for Bloodworth as the new M.C. Ban-Hammer Mod of NWR.

I'LL BE WATCHING.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2007, 10:34:58 PM »

Originally posted by: Professional 666
I'LL BE WATCHING.

No peeping Tom should ever be a mod of NWR

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2007, 05:56:45 AM »
Just paying my respects.  Have fun at the new job!
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2007, 06:51:57 AM »

Originally posted by: Khushrenada

Originally posted by: 18 Days

Hey, that's a great idea. Before you go Bloodworth, you should unban anyone that has been banned and unlock any threads that have been locked. That will show NWR just how important you are. And I'll be there to let everyone know, "Well, when Bloodworth was around, we didn't have....." etc.

I wouls sort of be like a "presedential" mod giving out all his pardons just before his term ends.

and having said that, Good luck moving forward, I wish you well and hope everything works out for the better.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2007, 03:45:29 PM »
Thanks for all the kind words.  

I got the ok to let you guys know what I'm up to, and it won't be a problem for me to hang around the message boards here.  So here's the deal:

Most of you probably don't know this, but last fall I was working for G4 on a strategy show called Cheat.  I did all the Twilight Princess stuff and a few other things like Excite Truck and Elite Beat Agents.  I was only hired for a certain number of episodes, though. So at the end of the year, they had to let me go.  I have been pretty much out of work since the beginning of the year.

After that, I simply couldn't go back to another hum-drum day job.  So I spent most of my time looking for gigs related to video games or film.  Thanks to my experience here and at G4, I landed a position at GameTrailers.com.  I'm now on staff there as an Associate Editor, doing the same kinds of things that I've done for NWR - reviews, previews, and other video game related stuff.  
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2007, 03:56:14 PM »
Bloodworth...

Ignore what people say, just follow your heart! Ignore what people may say. That you are a fool, that its impossible and that its a waste of time. NO!

PURSUIT OF DREAMS IS NOT A WASTE OF TIME!

NOW GO AND DON'T LOOK BACK!

Do it before you regret it when you turn 70!

GO BLOODWORTH! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2007, 04:15:34 PM »
Wow.

But at least Bloodworth is sticking around, that's great. We can all rest easy tonight knowing Bloodworth still has the power to ban and lock threads.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2007, 02:50:26 AM »

Originally posted by: Khushrenada
But at least Bloodworth is sticking around, that's great. We can all rest easy tonight knowing Bloodworth still has the power to ban and lock threads on GameTrailers.com's message board.
Fixed.

Congrats Bloodworth.  Glad to hear they're still letting you poke your nose into our community every now and then.

Maybe you'd like to plug your new site?    What does GameTrailers.com do besides ... well ... post trailers of video games?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2007, 06:51:27 AM »
Well I've got a homework project to go through a bunch of materials and look through everything on the site.  So I'm still getting a feel for the place, but they do all the same kinds of things that NWR, IGN, or any other big site does.  Reviews, previews, interviews, specials, raw gameplay footage, etc.  The difference is that nearly everything is in video form.  They also have several shows that they run on the site, and they produce some content for MTV and Spike.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2007, 11:38:56 AM »
so you don't completely leave?

great!

good luck with the new job! ^__^
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2007, 03:32:16 AM »
Well, darn.  Now I don't know a secret anymore.  (I saw Karl's post before the edit.)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2007, 06:54:24 AM »
I'm guessing you get paid.
Great going Bloodworth.  I'm sad your leaving as Staff but, I'm happy your staying in this crazy forum community of ours.

[spoilers]Also could you get them to test their site for compatibility more often.  I'm always having problems with them.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.