Author Topic: Yee-Haw, Forum Registration Fix-ed  (Read 2487 times)

Offline BocefusMetts

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Yee-Haw, Forum Registration Fix-ed
« on: November 10, 2005, 06:53:42 AM »
Howdy pardners, just wanted to let y'all in the know that it seems this here less than savvy forum adminstratour has happened upon what may just be a darn dandy fix to our lil' problem of forum newbies not getting their registration emails.  I even registered this here fake account to test it out, and it looks to be doin' alrighty.

So y'all tell yer forum-needy friends that these here PGC forums be open for bidness once more!

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
RE: Yee-Haw, Forum Registration Fix-ed
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 07:27:39 AM »
I wasn't aware there was a problem.  Well, whatever the case, glad that problem is fixed.  Now we just need more people to come back and post more.  It gets quite a lot.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005, 07:41:12 AM »
Yeah, it's all YOUR fault that I couldn't make a dummy account a few months back!  I mean, uh, LOOK OVER THERE!

*sprints off*
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Renny

• Satin
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2005, 09:33:55 PM »
My timing is astounding, sometimes. I changed my ISP this month, so I finally switched this account's email address to my 3rd party email, right when this problem cropped up. It seems like this still isn't working, as I couldn't get any reminder emails. Or registration emails with various domains used. (You can, uh... ahem... expunge the following accounts: RennyRedux, RennyDeruxe, RedundantRenny, ShadowofaRenny, RunRennyRun.) But the ghost behind the machine helped me get back into my account (thanks).
"... i only see pS2s at the halfway house so its those crazy druggies playing them." - animecyberrat

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2005, 07:56:02 AM »
So that means no new members had been able to join for awhile? How long had that been going on? I'd have to say that conversations, in regards to quality, had been pretty high lately although I hadn't been aware that the doors were "shut" unintentionally to new posters.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2005, 09:53:40 AM »
I think the problem began in the spring when we moved to our current server.  A few new people did manage to get in if they were clever enough to email us directly and tell us about the problem.  Then we could give them a default password to let them get in.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2005, 09:04:35 PM »
Well, it seems now that the problem actually isn't fixed after all.  I guess it must work sporadically, because my test account above did get the email just fine.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2005, 11:50:22 PM »
Yeah... you guys should really work on fixing this problem, I can imagine lots of users want to sign up to find people to play Mario Kart with.