Author Topic: Nintendo World Demo Reveals New Details on Ocarina of Time 3DS  (Read 1939 times)

Offline NWR_MattB

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Nintendo World Demo Reveals New Details on Ocarina of Time 3DS
« on: January 07, 2011, 11:02:35 PM »

Impressions from Tokyo reveal new changes to the 3DS remake of one of the best games of all-time. 

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/24672

Even though The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D looks to have missed the launch date of the Nintendo 3DS, that hasn't stopped Nintendo from demoing at the game at Nintendo World, where many new details were unveiled.

At the bottom of the screen is a camera tap icon which can be used to switch the view mode. By clicking this button, players can physically move their 3DS handhelds to look around. If they want to see what is behind them in the game, they just simply turn their 3DS around.

Players use the circle pad on the 3DS to look around and the touch screen to select items. Players use the "view mode," which can also be accessed by tapping the camera tap icon, to aim projectile weapons.

The demo at Nintendo World featured three save files: one running around the starting village, another in the first dungeon, and one that has not yet been confirmed.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D is due out this spring in Japan.

Offline gzorp

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Frame rate
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 11:53:14 PM »
Does the game run at 60 fps on the 3DS demo, or is it that measly 25 fps from the N64 version?

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
Re: Nintendo World Demo Reveals New Details On Ocarina of Time 3DS
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 12:20:37 AM »
It actually ran at 20 fps.

Free 5 fps with every purchase!
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 02:57:06 AM »
Meh, do we really need ports of N64 games? Couldn't they port Wind Waker or TP considering that the 3DS is leagues better than the N64? Do they have to leave people with a bad first impression?

Offline Nemo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Game Sprite Archives
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 02:07:33 PM »
Looking at that one screenshot, it seems like better visuals over N64.
-the Game Sprite Archives-
http://www.gsarchives.net

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 03:06:40 PM »
Meh, do we really need ports of N64 games? Couldn't they port Wind Waker or TP considering that the 3DS is leagues better than the N64? Do they have to leave people with a bad first impression?

I wouldn't be surprised if we got Zelda games on 3DS like the Marios on the GBA. OOT, then Majora's Mask, then Wind Waker, then Twilight Princess. Hopefully, unlike the GBA, we'll get one or two original games in the series as well.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 12:15:36 AM »
Hopefully those original games control properly.  None of this touch screen business.  I have never even considered playing Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks for entirely that reason.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 12:48:22 AM »

I wouldn't be surprised if we got Zelda games on 3DS like the Marios on the GBA. OOT, then Majora's Mask, then Wind Waker, then Twilight Princess. Hopefully, unlike the GBA, we'll get one or two original games in the series as well.

So Minsih Cap was not original? As for the other titles being released on 3DS, I would prefer to have them as DLC for when the Wii 2 is released because I would prefer those titles to not be retailed. However, I would want to see Wind Waker as a portable since I have never really gotten into that game and would love to play it on the go. I played and beaten Twilight Princess, so I am not sure if I would want that on the go as well. Since the DS got two Zelda titles with the art style of Wind Waker, an original Zelda with an art style similar to Majora's Mask or Twilight Princess would also be a nice addition to my collection.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.