Author Topic: Radio Free Nintendo Episode 28  (Read 4542 times)

Offline StrikerObi

• BanEditLockDelete Podcast Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
    • Pixel du Jour
Radio Free Nintendo Episode 28
« on: November 29, 2006, 12:13:05 PM »
The Return of Angry Karl

Oh my god, we're back again!    

Episode 28: The Wiik After    

AAC Format    

MP3 Format    

You can also listen to the podcast on the good 'ole Odeo!    

powered by ODEO    

We've all got our Wiis now, or at least most of us do. What do we think?  Does this thing really measure up or is it just a giant joke? You really don't need to listen to get the answer to that question, but it can't hurt... can it?  Anyway, here's what we talk about.    

• Now that it's out, we tell you how we really feel.  Find out what your favorite NWR staffers are playing, and what they're looking forward to.    

• Boy, the US Virtual Console lineup sure does suck!    

• The news!  Good luck trying to get component cables, and we hope WiiConnect24 doesn't brick your system.    

• The press sure seems to hate the PS3, and they're downright in love with Wii.    

• Just because it's Wii Week doesn't mean we forgot about the Nintendo DS.    

• If you don't buy Elite Beat Agents, God will kill a puppy.

I tried to edit this one myself, but something happened and everything fell apart.  Big thanks go to Stan for editing this episode, despite not even being part of the recording crew.    

Credits:    

This podcast was edited by Stan Ferguson.  Fake Commercials were written and performed by Stan Ferguson and Jonathan Metts.    

Music for this episode of Radio Free Nintendo  is used with permission from Jason Ricci & New Blood.  You can also purchase their album directly from the iTunes Music Store.

Offline Entroper

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Radio Free Nintendo Episode 28
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 03:19:03 PM »
What happened to MP3?

Offline Pryopizm

• Staff Jedis-Are-Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 03:29:24 PM »
Sorry, bad code.  Fixed.
"Bullets, my only weakness.  How did you know?"

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 05:23:37 PM »
Before someone accuses us of plagiarism or just plain lack of originality, "Real Wii Trollers" is absolutely inspired by "Real GAF Heroes" from The New Adventures of GAFcast (find it on iTunes!) and was done with the approval of Chris Kohler.  And yes, I'm intentionally way off key.  :-)  In fact, I recorded my parts in several different keys, and Stan ended up mixing and matching for a truly grating and hopefully hilarious result.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Dark_Sloth

• View Profile
RE:Radio Free Nintendo Episode 28
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 06:38:30 PM »
Still listening to it... but yes. Got to the commercial and had to stop and congratulate you guys on that.I was actually laughing really hard. Good job! :-)

Offline bmmontfort

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 11:16:25 PM »
I've started to really like your work, but quick question, what are you using to record as there always seems to be a lot of static on your podcast. I'm just wondering Great job by the way!

Offline Pryopizm

• Staff Jedis-Are-Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006, 01:25:36 AM »
That's Steven's mic that's hissing so badly.  He has since purchased a better one.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006, 02:44:53 AM »
Everyone seems to have there favorite sport.

There is a reason that NoA didn't include Wiipoints with the Classic controller and they jip us every which way.  THEY CARE ONLY ABOUT MONEY.  They don't care about us.  They prove this constantly and the VC lineup proves it more.  I mean we got it early thats it.  It's in retribution to how much there going to stick it to us.  Which they have been.  It sort of what happens when your parent company is in another country.  US is slowly becoming the new Europe.

Yeah.  They make chips that do both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth and it saves space.

Yeah I got mine within 4 days because of Weekend.

If you haven't done the training in Wii Sports I recommend them especially Bowling.

Why isn't Radio Free Nintendo in the Radio category?
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006, 07:00:29 AM »
RFN isn't in the Radio category because that's Funhouse Radio territory.
I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 07:10:39 AM »
Ok.... Why?  I guess in the end I don't think it belongs in the News category and I don't see why 1 relative hidden thing would get its whole own category.  I see the Radio Promoted every once and a while and the Podcast is every week and it's called Radio Free Nintendo.  I guess you should really give it a Podcast Category like the Mailbag has Mailbag and hopefully Trivia will have trivia...  

I guess in summary I just don't think News is the right place.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
RE:Radio Free Nintendo Episode 28
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2006, 09:31:19 AM »

Originally posted by: Ceric
I guess you should really give it a Podcast Category like the Mailbag has Mailbag and hopefully Trivia will have trivia...  

I guess in summary I just don't think News is the right place.

Wha? RFN *does* have its own category. Look under the Community sections.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/specialArt.cfm?artid=11618
I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2006, 10:00:40 AM »
Yes but it's listed under news on the page.

It's seems I don't translate well from Stephen to English...

Offline Pryopizm

• Staff Jedis-Are-Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2006, 10:15:13 AM »
As far as we peons are concerned, it's listed under news because the News frame is suited for the podcasts.  Changing that would be up to TYP.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2006, 10:17:38 AM »
Ah ok.  It just sort of breaks the look and Feel you guys were establishing with the other categorized things.

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2006, 12:56:10 PM »
I agree with Ceric – it may be shoehorned into News right now, but it deserves its own category. It may not make you happy to hear that from a technical standpoint, but it's the gosh-darn truth.

Also, I've been listening since Podcast #1, and you guys keep getting better and better. Flow was somewhat of an issue at the beginning, but you practically have to drag yourselves away from the topic at hand to get to the next one now. You sound comfortable and are entertaining to listen to, so congrats – nice job! Oh, and I have to give a special shout-out to the "advertisements" – the production on these is awesome. You guys have some serious singing talent there, and I'm glad you're finding an outlet for it.
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Pryopizm

• Staff Jedis-Are-Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2006, 01:00:36 PM »
Haha, thanks Decoy.  That's Jonny singing in Wii Trollers, and Castlevania I ended up doing myself.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2006, 05:58:58 AM »
I'm a little late to the party, but I just got around to listening to this podcast.

I don't mean to be rude, but this is probably the weakest episode in RFN's history.  You guys did nothing but bitch about the things Nintendo didn't do right at launch.  And while it all might be true (or not) that doesn't mean it makes for an interesting podcast.  It sounded more like a reading of someone's MySpace blog than a podcast.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!