Author Topic: Fluidity Launching as Hydroventure in Europe  (Read 1269 times)

Offline NWR_Karlie

• twitter.com/JonLindemann
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
Fluidity Launching as Hydroventure in Europe
« on: November 10, 2010, 05:12:26 PM »

Nintendo's water action game coming to WiiWare in December.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/24427

The Nintendo-published water physics puzzle game has been renamed from Fluidity to Hydroventure for its European WiiWare release.

The title is set inside an illustrated magical book, Aquaticus, and navigating the chapters will rid the world of the "Influence", a corruptive goop that has spread through the book. The level moves by tilting the Wii Remote, causing water, ice, or clouds to flow through the level. Shaking the Wii Remote causes the water to jump over obstacles, and players must navigate these levels with a limited amount of water to clear the goop and collect Rainbow Drops to restore the magic book. The game has four chapters, with over 80 Rainbow Drops in each level to collect with the help of six unlockable abilities.

Hydroventure, along with the Hydroventure demo, launches on December 24 across Europe for 1200 Wii Points.

Offline Killer_Man_Jaro

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 22
    • View Profile
Re: Fluidity Launching as Hydroventure in Europe
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 05:38:09 PM »
Hmm. I prefer Fluidity as a title - word play is not always necessary, you know. Anyway, this is starting to sound like a 2D Dewy's Adventure, though I hope it would be better executed.
Tom Malina
UK Correspondent
-----------------------------
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 06:56:59 PM »
I'm always curious why certain game titles are changed for parts of the world. What is wrong with the title of Fluidity? Does "Hydroventure" appeal more to the population of Europe? Or is it something more simple, like "Fluidity" already copyrighted in a country of Europe?

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 07:45:21 PM »
Can you bring your Penta-Tentacle  to the Hydroventure ??
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 07:49:25 PM by Mr. Adolph Vega »

Offline Pandareus

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 12:45:06 PM »
I'm always curious why certain game titles are changed for parts of the world. What is wrong with the title of Fluidity? Does "Hydroventure" appeal more to the population of Europe? Or is it something more simple, like "Fluidity" already copyrighted in a country of Europe?
I'm guessing legal reasons are often behind these name changes, for instance maybe the name "Fluidity" has been copyrighted by someone else over there.