Author Topic: Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver remakes on the way  (Read 141884 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver remakes on the way
« on: May 03, 2009, 06:40:11 PM »
~Updated info~
Release Dates:North America date is March 14th 2010.
Europe release date is March 26th 2010.
Australia date is March 25th 2010

MSRP:North America $39.99
Europe:
Australia:
Can transfer from Diamond,Pearl and Platinum once you get your Pokedex
Redesigned female lead
Pokemon will follow you
Transferring certain Pokemon over to HG/SS will unlock things in the game or in the Pokewalker.
Gym Leader Rematches
Battle Frontier
Pokewalker courses:You can find many different Pokemon as well as different items.Some courses need to be unlocked through sending a certain Pokemon through.Other wise it is based on how many Watts you have in the Pokewalker course.
Pokethlon game
Commemorative Photos
Starting January 30th till February 14th a special Pichu will be given out at Gamestop.Transferring this from Pearl,Diamond or Platinum to HG/SS will unlock something.
Jirachi will be given out at Gamestop starting February 27th to March 13th. Transferring this from Diamond,Pearl or Platinum to HG/SS will unlock a Pokewalker course.
Arceus when transferred from Diamond,Pearl, or Platinum will unlock something as well.

Preordering at Gamestop will get you a Ho-oh or Lugia figurine depending on what version you pick up.Ho-oh for Heart Gold Lugia for Soul Silver.
Spoiler info

You can get the Johto,Kanto and Hoenn starters in the game.You can get Lugia,Ho-oh,Raiku,Entei,Suicune,Mewtwo,Latas,Latios,Rayquaza,Kyogre,Groudon,Dialga,Giratina,Palkia,Articuno,Moltes,Zapdos

~Old Info~
A recent episode of the Japanese-only Pokémon Sunday TV show has provided the biggest hint yet that Nintendo is currently working on remakes of Pokémon Gold and Silver.

The classic duo originally appeared on the Game Boy Color and remain two of the best-loved entries in the insanely successful series.

Apparently a "world-exclusive first announcement" will be made on May 10 during the Pokémon Sunday show; the logic behind the assumption that the news will involve Gold and Silver is dedicated by the fact that two Gold and Silver globes were displayed on-screen during the teaser. Simple, no?

A curious possibility. Who would consider getting this?

Link

*UPDATE*
Nintendo confirmed it's legit
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 04:51:20 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
I would definitely buy one of these.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
I would definitely buy one of these.

Same here. I loved Silver back in the day. It was easily my most played Gameboy game back in the day.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
What's the point? Diamond and Pearl are already so similar they might as well be remakes. This is just an (even larger) excuse to be lazy.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
What's the point? Diamond and Pearl are already so similar they might as well be remakes. This is just an (even larger) excuse to be lazy.

Remember, this is inexcusable if this was done by any franchise. But since this is Pokemon this is almost forgiven :p .
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
Remember, this is inexcusable if this was done by any franchise. But since this is Pokemon this is almost forgiven :p .
Ha ha, it's strange, that's so true, and I didn't even realize that until you pointed it out just now. I never hear anyone complain about Pokémon games being too similar to their predecessors, but people go to town complaining about Mario Galaxy, Animal Crossing, etc. If these remakes do surface, somehow I doubt we'll hear anyone complain about how they aren't Nintendo being "loyal" to their fanbase. Pokémon was designed to be exploitative, which makes it acceptable. It would be "disloyal" of Nintendo if they actually tried to revolutionize the series.

Someone once said that Wii Sports Golf is too similar to NES Golf...

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
Actually I'm not sure why I'm so excited. The appeal of FireRed and LeafGreen to me was that I recognized all the Pokémon (even a decade later I still know all of the first 150 Pokémon). I don't remember them from Gold and Silver anywhere near as well, and most of the features in Gold and Silver are in Diamond and Pearl. Hopefully they'll still include the part where you can go back to Kanto after you complete Johto (Why the hell do I still remember those names?) and having 2 games in 1 with probably a higher percentage of Pokémon I recognize.

Also I hope, Mop_it_up, that you appreciate that I accented the "e"s in Pokémon as you've complained about it before; I decided to be nice to you despite the fact that we disagree about everything.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
Remakes? I don't think so. I'm thinking it might be the announcement for a re-release of Gold and Silver for download on the DS, as the first two titles for the DS's portable Virtual Console.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
That's pretty optimistic Caliban... I'm sure these will be regular releases done completely in the Diamond and Pearl engine.  Don't forget, it would be kind of like re-releasing both red/blue and gold/silver because of the inclusion of Kanto.

I also think this sheds a lot of light on the absolute lack of a way for DS players to get a Celebi.  It is the event pokemon of that generation after all.  I expect Toys R Us events to happen giving it away as this release gets closer.

And yeah, I'll definitely buy it.  Given the changes to the Pokemon mechanics, one can't simply replay the old versions of these games if they are interested in collecting all their monsters in once place.

It is sad that there is still no sign of something truly new and refreshing for the franchise though.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
I decided to be nice to you despite the fact that we disagree about everything.
It appears we agree on one thing, that you should still try to be nice to someone you disagree with. :)

Don't forget, it would be kind of like re-releasing both red/blue and gold/silver because of the inclusion of Kanto.
Not really. That was just a lame way to extent the game; none of the original game's events take place, many areas are missing, and none of the Pokémon to be found have levels higher than those of the Elite 4. It's more like a really huge Safari Zone.

And they've already re-released Red/Blue, so why would they care?

Offline jakeOSX

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
i'd put my hopes into the downloading thing too.

actually, if i had my way there would be one pokemon cart and you'd have to buy expansions for it (which go on the cart or SD card)

i mean imagine having one character, but several pokemon games in one thing?

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
I would've rather bought Silver/Gold remakes than Red/Green, but here's the thing: I'm so damn burned out on Pokemon after Pear/Platinum that I don't think I can go back for a generation or so. :-(
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

After more than a decade of playing, I'm officially bored of the Pokemon formula.  I don't think Pokemon can ever draw me in again just by layering the same mechanics over a different map.

Now, if Nintendo ever made a spin-off series that added a bit more depth to the formula, a "Pokemon Tactics," if you will, I can very well see me easing back into Poke-serfdom. 
Not just flowers,I love them all like weeds and     veget
able.

I want to do garden forever.

Offline Mikintosh

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
After more than a decade of playing, I'm officially bored of the Pokemon formula.  I don't think Pokemon can ever draw me in again just by layering the same mechanics over a different map.

Now, if Nintendo ever made a spin-off series that added a bit more depth to the formula, a "Pokemon Tactics," if you will, I can very well see me easing back into Poke-serfdom. 

If they make "Pokemon Tactics", I quit. The only constants in life anymore are death, taxes, and Pokemon games, so they'd be wise not to mess with it. Besides, a large percentage of customers for each new "generation" are newcomers to the franchise, so it's new to them!

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
Ha ha, it's strange, that's so true, and I didn't even realize that until you pointed it out just now. I never hear anyone complain about Pokémon games being too similar to their predecessors

The complaints were more common years ago.  It's just become so routine that complaining seems redundant.  But there was a time where people complained about the constant rehashing and the shitty spinoffs and Nintendo's utter refusal to release a good console Pokemon RPG.  The thing is it's just preaching to the choir.  Pretty much EVERYONE agrees with you when you crap on Pokemon so there's like no point.  There's no viewpoint to defend, no one to try to win over with your argument.  It's just unanimous agreement.

My brother will probably get this.  I won't bother.  I just don't care, even though the real Pokemon games are quite good.  The irony is that they're remaking Gold/Silver but the whole reason that game is so respected is because it's the lone Pokemon game that actually pushed the series forward.  It stands out because unlike the other games it's NOT a rehash but feels like a full-on sequel with all sorts of new ideas.  So Nintendo is remaking it but they're probably completely oblivious to exactly WHY this is widely considered the best Pokemon game.

Offline Spinnzilla

• Hippie Kaiju
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Just give it a MUCH more robust online offering and I'll be crawling back to pokemon, even though I've only been playing Platinum for less than month. 
Who wants heroine brownies?

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
To preach to the choir, i'd like to say, WHERE'S MAH DAMN CONSOLE RPG
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
What would be the point? Even if a third dimension were added, it'd still be the same game with a different presentation. Plus, portability is one of the draws of Pokémon.

What I think would be a cool console Pokémon game would be one which uses a battle system that's similar to Smash Brothers. That'd be the only way to make it not boring.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
Well I want something real-time. Where I control the pokemon in 3d, I use the attacks. etc
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
The Spectrobes Wii game looks like it's going to have what you are looking for, DAaaMan64.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
What would be the point? Even if a third dimension were added, it'd still be the same game with a different presentation.

The same could be said about OOT. We all know how that turned out, don't we?
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
What would be the point? Even if a third dimension were added, it'd still be the same game with a different presentation.

terribly overrated?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 09:20:37 AM by Dasmos »
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile

terribly overrated?

There's no reasoning with idiots.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile

That's a very close-minded view of Pokemon.  Part of the thrill of Pokemon is discovering the Pokemon world.  It's about going to new areas and discovering the wild Pokemon that are in the area.  It's about going to a new town and solving some mini-quest in that town and visiting the gym and getting another badge.  You put that in 3D and you can do so much more in designing that world than you can on a flat surface with a fixed view.  Some of it is just simple stuff like incorporating height into the world but it makes a huge difference.

3D is a real gameplay change.  It provides freedom.  It's not a coincidence that the most significant jumps in Nintendo's franchises was when they moved to 3D.

And even if it is just presentation how is making another 2D game any different?  At least a new presentation would jazz things up a bit.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
That's a very close-minded view of Pokemon.  Part of the thrill of Pokemon is discovering the Pokemon world.
I suppose that's true. I was thinking more about the battle system which, as the Pokémon Stadium games have shown, is just as mind-numbing in 3D as it is in 2D. In fact, since they drag on ever longer, they are probably even more boring in 3D.

Those remarks about Zelda: OoT are so wrong that I'm not even going to comment on them...