Author Topic: Godfather 2  (Read 17791 times)

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
Godfather 2
« on: April 08, 2009, 02:42:54 AM »
I just picked the game, haven't gotten a chance to play it but considering the first game is still one of my favorite Sandbox titles (far more enjoyable then even GTAIV), I had to pick up the sequel which takes a more strategic approach to the genre. Anyone else getting this?
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Godfather 2
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 03:11:13 AM »
I'm curious to hear impressions.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 05:10:17 AM »
I'm hoping for a belated Wii release in the next couple months but if I don't see a sign soon I'll get the PC version.

I loved the first on Wii. I love that era and find it a lot more interesting than the big GTA games.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 09:32:26 AM »
I just picked the game, haven't gotten a chance to play it but considering the first game is still one of my favorite Sandbox titles (far more enjoyable then even GTAIV), I had to pick up the sequel which takes a more strategic approach to the genre. Anyone else getting this?

no (even if it came to wii) but i am intrested to hear what makes it so special that a wii version couldn't be made. When i first saw the ads for it on tv, i kept thinking to myself that the graphics weren't that great, so the wii not being an HD powerhouse couldn't be the sole reason it wasn't on the console.

Is the game world something massive that no ones ever seen before?
Is the AI just absolutely incredible?

I just reeeally wanna know what makes this too good for wii, because as i said before the graphics just aren't that great for "next" gen title.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 06:57:11 PM »
The Wii version of the original only sold around 120k-130k. Though it seems to gain about 10k a month the last couple months I've noticed.

I'm hoping they decide to try again on Wii since EA said they are shifting over resources to mostly support Wii with all their games.
My Game Collection

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 06:59:43 PM »
The videos I have seen look almost identical graphically to the first one.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 09:16:26 PM »

exactly why i'm waiting for GPs impression on the game. I'm sick of devs saying wii is under powered but then give us crap like this. These characters look waaay too blocky for something HD.
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 02:41:33 PM »

exactly why i'm waiting for GPs impression on the game. I'm sick of devs saying wii is under powered but then give us crap like this. These characters look waaay too blocky for something HD.

Yeah the visuals don't appear to be stunning, I still haven't gotten around to playing it yet though. Looks like it is scroing right around the high 7's besides Gamepots really weird 4.5.

Offline bosshogx

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • Monday Night Crew.com
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 03:38:23 PM »

;)
www.mondaynightcrew.com
A video game webcomic that's updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Wii 2338-1768-8759-4933
Planet Puzzle League 180490-316211
Advance Wars 171922-891988

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 03:44:56 PM »
I don't mind milking it because I enjoyed the first game more then GTAIV, same goes with Saints Row 2 which is well worth it to pick up if you felt GTAIV took itself too seriously.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 04:47:22 PM »
EA rep is ugly.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 06:21:14 PM »
I really liked the First game on Wii.  I wish they would release the sequel too :(
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2009, 09:24:13 AM »
I really liked the First game on Wii.  I wish they would release the sequel too :(

I too enjoyed the first game (on Wii. incredible controls) but whats with the strategy elements in the second, what exactly does that entail? That would be the key factor in me ever purchasing this for the next wii console (when EA decides to port it over).

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2009, 05:35:00 PM »
Ok peeps, I actually got to play the game for about 3 hrs and so far it is just as good if not BETTER then the first one. Not sure what Gamespot was on but the game is tons of fun. All the features from the first game have returned so your main purpose is to take over businesses and take down the other Don's. The strategy elements are that you build a team of up to 3 others, they each have specialities. A demolition guy is good, at well, blowing stuff up and finding other ways to enter a building through explosive means. You also have a safe cracker, an engineer who can stratagem things like the power to a build.  You also can have a guy that is pretty much about brute strength and is mainly an expert in beating people up. As you go through the game and get money you can upgrade these guys to the next level where they can learn an additional skill. It all works really well with the game.

One new feature is as you take over businesses you will get special rewards like brass knuckles, bullet proof vests and steel plated cars. The thing is that the opposing dons can have these things to, in order to disrupt it you need to take out one of their businesses which will eliminate the award (the same is applied to you).  As take over businesses you can assign any number of guards to protect it from being taken over again (so you no longer have to worry as much abyou out sprinting across town trying to save a building that is being attacked). You can also send one of your "family" members (the guys with the various skills) to help out.

Also a neat little feature is that each Don has their top family members. Now instead of killing them any way you want they NEED to die a special way unless you want them to come back later. To get this information you need to do favors for random people which can include everything from robbing a place, beating someone down (but not killing them) to going into a business and wrecking the place.  The first big family member I killed I had to run over with a car which I found out from one of these favors.

So in conclusion if you liked the first game there is more then enough to make this worthwhile. So far I think it is MORE fun then GTAIV. Also the visuals aren't nearly as bad when you see it in motion, it has a fluid framerate.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2009, 06:13:13 PM »
If only there was a Wii version :/. The level of immersion that the Wii version brought the original Godfather game was amazing.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2009, 06:15:58 PM »
I still think the game will come to Wii eventually. Didn't the first Wii version come out a few months later?
My Game Collection

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2009, 06:20:08 PM »
I still think the game will come to Wii eventually. Didn't the first Wii version come out a few months later?

Yes it came out on PS2 first.

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2009, 07:31:26 PM »
Can you name your goon and modify his appearance, like in the first game?  If so, I'm buying this.
Not just flowers,I love them all like weeds and     veget
able.

I want to do garden forever.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2009, 10:36:07 AM »
EA sends out illegal gifts to media outlets to promote Godfather 2

I was originally going to post this in the PATHETIC State of Gaming 'Media' Thread as a joke, saying that now the "media" are actually criminals due to the above story, but decided against it. So its here now. Lulz?

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2009, 10:51:19 AM »
Aren't swords and spears illegal? Why is it possible to ship those and not brass knuckles?

Secondly, GP, should I play the first before playing the second?
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2009, 02:59:17 PM »
Aren't swords and spears illegal? Why is it possible to ship those and not brass knuckles?

Secondly, GP, should I play the first before playing the second?

I hope not I've bought several replica swords from eBay (Yeah I collect various replica swords). No playing the first does not matter, this game is self contained. The first game integrated more with the first movie while this one is more stand alone.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2009, 03:33:11 PM »
I see.

No ****? You collect swords. So do I!

I collect samurai swords, though I do have a Brave Heart type Scottish sword (the big two handed ones) and a giant ax. I have 5 samurai swords so far. I also have a couple Sudanese swords and an Egyptian Arabian sword (big curved blade).

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2009, 03:41:02 PM »
I see.

No ****? You collect swords. So do I!

I collect samurai swords, though I do have a Brave Heart type Scottish sword (the big two handed ones) and a giant ax. I have 5 samurai swords so far. I also have a couple Sudanese swords and an Egyptian Arabian sword (big curved blade).

Most of mine are fantasy replicas like the bat'leth from Star Trek, and other fantasy themed swords. I also have a dual chained spike mace, a geeky lightsaber replica of Anakin's, and other odds and ends.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2009, 03:51:33 PM »
HOLY CRAP THEY HAVE SOMETHING IN COMMON other than nintendo THE WORLD IS ENDING! EVERYBODY RUN

i have a Master Sword replica but who here doesn't?

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2009, 03:59:58 PM »
Me