Author Topic: Robocalypse Applies Beaver Defense to WiiWare  (Read 1954 times)

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Robocalypse Applies Beaver Defense to WiiWare
« on: April 07, 2009, 03:09:43 PM »
Vogster Entertainment has announced the next game in their Robocalypse real-time strategy series.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=18137

Vogster Entertainment has announced a new WiiWare title, Robocalypse : Beaver Defense, the follow-up to last year's comedic real-time strategy DS game Robocalypse. Set for a summer release, Beaver Defense is a tower defense-style game that features wise-cracking robots with humorous weaponry and upgradeable skills.  Along with a single player campaign, there will also be a multiplayer mode for up to four players.    

Vogster Brings Tower Defense Action to the Wii with "Robocalypse - Beaver Defense"    

Critically acclaimed Robocalypse franchise returns in upcoming tower defense title for WiiWare    

NEW YORK, NY, April 7, 2009 -Vogster Entertainment, an international developer and publisher of interactive entertainment, today announced a new addition to its critically acclaimed, robot warfare-themed Robocalypse™ franchise with Robocalypse - Beaver Defense. The new game is a "tower defense" style action title planned as a WiiWare™ download for Europe and North American customers in summer 2009.    

"We are excited to deliver Robocalypse - Beaver Defense as a convenient and accessible WiiWare download," said Alan Martin, Producer at Vogster Entertainment. "Written by Jay Lender (SpongeBob Squarepants™) and Micah Wright, the story is hilarious and offers a fitting back drop for this fast-paced, tongue-in-cheek game where the player must thwart the plans of a maniacal beaver."    

Robocalypse - Beaver Defense will offer madcap weaponry and uproarious destruction in a tower defense-style game. Set in a world of wise-cracking, battling robots, players will need to create and strategically position static and mobile defenses to stop the waves of enemies that are intent on destroying the playerÂ’s HQ. Robocalypse - Beaver Defense will offer upgradable skills, weapons, hero units and defenses to be used in single-player and up to four-player multiplayer mayhem. It is the follow up title to 2008Â’s critically received Nintendo DS™ real-time strategy game, Robocalypse.    

For additional information, please visit www.robocalypse.com.

Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Re: Robocalypse Applies Beaver Defense to WiiWare
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 10:26:18 PM »
Cool!  I heard good things about Robocalypse, and I generally like tower defense games too.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 01:53:13 AM »
Beyond just being a TD game (instabuy!), there's something about these graphics that grab me. They look like wonderfully nostalgic PC sprite graphics from the heyday of RTS games.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 02:24:36 AM »
The turrets look like StarCraft, and the maps look like...uh...Addams Family Values for the SNES.
Not just flowers,I love them all like weeds and     veget
able.

I want to do garden forever.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 03:58:15 AM »
LOL.

Well, the environments don't remind me of any RTS', but i was getting a Command & Conquer vibe from that turret art.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Spinnzilla

• Hippie Kaiju
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 11:02:38 AM »
Sounds awesome Robocalypse is a great game. 

You guys need to buy it.
Who wants heroine brownies?