Author Topic: Mafia XC: Xenoblade Chronicles 1 - Definitive Mafia Edition. Sign-up Thread.  (Read 31828 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Well for me the moving truck is coming tomorrow morning so I should be settled in by the 1st.  I have internet at the new place so I am good there.  If the game starts on the 1st or the 1st week of the month I will be good to play.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Time to begin Operation Mafiafall! Let's end this Mafia drought!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Did I curse the game by saying I was playing? 

It has been 3 months roughly and no update. Does someone want to check in on Khushrenada?  I was hoping we could get up to 100 but it seems this Mafia Adventure is going to come to a close at 90.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
Based on the predictions thread there are at least five Khushrenadas. I would think that at least one of them would have the time to host this game  :D

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
I'm in!

I need to water this tree before it dies.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Based on the predictions thread there are at least five Khushrenadas. I would think that at least one of them would have the time to host this game  :D

Clearly one of them is. Anti-Khushrenada. He's trying to kill the game.

Yeah, this has been on my mind the past couple weeks. I was wondering about sending out a mass pm to see if those who signed were still up for it and thinking about having start today but clearly that never happened. It's so much easier to just play Paper Mario and watch movies than type up a whole lot of text and work out rules. I need to rekindle my hosting fire. I had some ideas for this XC theme too. I just can't seem to take the time to hammer things without it seeming like a lot of work and then wanting to do anything else.

The idea of people choosing crops and animals in Harvest Moon seemed to help in having more posting activity in the past three - four games I've hosted. So, I wanted to do something like that this game with people being able to acquire collectables during the game day like the Sour Gooseberry or Retro Diode in Xenoblade to fill in their own Collectopaedia. It would sort of act like a personal bingo card and as people filled it in then they could get bonuses like two votes instead of one or maybe a free protection for one night or day. Again, I need to work out the details but that's the direction I was thinking there.

I was contemplating doing something with having Shulk as a role in which he could have visions of the future such as who the mafia or killer might target or who would be protected by the doctor. Various game actions like that. However, that would require a lot of orders needing to be sent in ahead of time and locked in so I'll probably just make Shulk the detective. Sharla would obviously be the doctor role.

The big twist that came to me for this game would be Killer role aka Zanza. Not to get into XC Spoiler territory (but it's been 12 years. Can't hold back on this stuff forever, right?) but I was thinking of allowing Zanza to recruit some players as disciples and sort of act like a second mafia. The main goal of Zanza will be to acquire the Monado from Shulk. The way to do that would be for Zanza to successfully eliminate the detective Shulk role. If Zanza does that, then all eliminated players in the game up to this point would come back as Telethia beasts with the goal of voting out and eliminating the remaining alive players. The remaining alive players would then need to regroup and work together to try and eliminate the Telethia and Zanza. I've got an idea of how to allow the alive players to fight back against the Telethia with a Break, Topple, and Daze vote system but I'm not going to break it all down right now as I'm still unsure if maybe this morph the game into something that is no longer really Mafia. But I do feel like this idea is close to being perhaps the best and possibly most successful way of bringing back eliminated players into the game without compromising what they may have already known when eliminated or learned since as the ties and alliances will be broken with those eliminated players coming back with a new goal and team opposite all those still alive.

So, yeah, I've had ideas percolating still on this. It's just how complex do I want to get for another game? How much rules and ability balancing will I have to spend time on writing up and working out? Do I really want to climb another rule mountain that most people won't read or be confused about?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
Whatever you choose I'm confident it will be a blast to play, so make sure you are ready to go before diving in. Don't rush quality.
My Game Collection

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
I'm still ready.

NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
I'd still be down.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
I think we are all waiting for Khushrenada to finish Xenoblade Chronicles X before we start this game.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
I am still available.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
I'm really feelin' it!
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
So, you want to play a Mafia game, huh?

To be honest, it has been on my mind a couple weeks before ThePerm bumped this. But I figured that I'll have to redo sign-ups to double check who's still in. And if I give it a couple weeks that would have put it into the Thanksgiving weekend and people may not want to play during that time as they'll be busy in life. After that is December which traditionally can have a lower turnout as people don't want to commit to a long or complicated game as they prepare for the holidays. Thus, it seemed to me that maybe the second week of January would be the best time to try again on this. Things can be a bit slower at that time after New Year's is over so it might allow for more player participation. I've actually got my copy of XC:DE back out because I was thinking of popping that back in and messing around a bit in the game to remind myself about elements of the game and the story during December so as to try for a January launch. So stay tuned on that front.

In the meantime, if someone wants to host a Safe Words game, I'd love to continue beating you all at that and make it three in a row victories! :evil;
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.