Gaming Forums > General Gaming

Games Beaten, Completed, or Played in 2021

<< < (3/3)

Order.RSS:

--- Quote from: Luigi Dude on January 06, 2022, 04:33:18 PM ---Games I played that I enjoyed, but didn't finish because either I'm not good at the genre or certain aspects frustrated me too much to bother finishing them

R-Type (I just can't beat the final fucking boss)   >:(

Vasara

--- End quote ---

Regarding R-Type, there's a really annoying trick to it: you must shoot the Force Pod into the final boss' eyeball. Keep firing and that ends him real quick. And you have to be quick, because those 1-3 tracking fireballs it sends out cannot die and will kill you at some point. One is manageable to avoid, once all three are out you may as well give up.

The issue is how to stay alive without your Pod as protection; I've only been able to do it once, with both of those little helper turrets presents, and constantly moving in a small cross pattern (very small adjustments) to draw fire to one spot, then position the turrets there to block the shots, rinse and repeat.
Once the tracking fireball comes out I switch to moving in an 8-shape to accomplish the same but keep the fireball behind me.

Vasara I couldn't beat either, the final level is just stupid difficult. I had a bit of fun in the endless mode, but prefer games with achievable end goals, so I bounced off it quite quickly too.

Luigi Dude:

--- Quote from: Order.RSS on January 09, 2022, 01:11:03 PM ---
--- Quote from: Luigi Dude on January 06, 2022, 04:33:18 PM ---Games I played that I enjoyed, but didn't finish because either I'm not good at the genre or certain aspects frustrated me too much to bother finishing them

R-Type (I just can't beat the final fucking boss)   >:(

Vasara

--- End quote ---

Regarding R-Type, there's a really annoying trick to it: you must shoot the Force Pod into the final boss' eyeball. Keep firing and that ends him real quick. And you have to be quick, because those 1-3 tracking fireballs it sends out cannot die and will kill you at some point. One is manageable to avoid, once all three are out you may as well give up.

The issue is how to stay alive without your Pod as protection; I've only been able to do it once, with both of those little helper turrets presents, and constantly moving in a small cross pattern (very small adjustments) to draw fire to one spot, then position the turrets there to block the shots, rinse and repeat.
Once the tracking fireball comes out I switch to moving in an 8-shape to accomplish the same but keep the fireball behind me.

--- End quote ---

Yeah I've been shooting the Force Pad into the boss but I've never been able to survive until it dies.  My problem is I cant get to the final boss with both helper turrents to protect me from those green lizards that come from the top and bottom of the screen.  No matter how good I play I always seem to die in the 6th or 7th stage and lose my helpers.  Now I've gotten good enough to beat the 6th stage after losing my helpers and the 7th stage as well as long as it's before the check point in that stage.  But that still only gives me one shot at the final boss with the one helper you get before the Stage 7 boss, and I always get cheapshot by a green lizard hitting the unprotected part.

I just need to get a perfect run going one of these days.  I did get close to the end of Stage 7 once with both helpers still intact but then I accidentally crashed into a wall since I wasn't used to playing that level with upgraded speed.  I then tried to get back there without upgrading my speed but Stage 5 always kills me if I dont have 2 speed upgrades by that point.

Still, I'll go back to this game one of these days.  I just had to stop last year because I eventually got so sick of replaying the earlier levels for the hundredth time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version