Author Topic: Mafia 87: Harvest Moon - Seasons of Mafia Town. Year 2.  (Read 9834 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Mafia 87: Harvest Moon - Seasons of Mafia Town. Year 2.
« on: November 19, 2021, 12:28:28 PM »
Mop it up did not like the sudden influx of new people moving into Shady Village. Having lived in the village her whole life and having gone through its infamous Mafia Town period, she now distrusted everyone new and as well as some of the other longtime residents whom she suspected as having collaborated with that early villainous element. If the mayor wasn’t going to do anything about it then she was. Thus, she began a campaign of trying to alienate all those in town and make life difficult for them in the hopes they would leave.

She definitely succeeded in alienating the people (her suddenly flipping off the mayor every time she saw him was a real shock to his system) but it didn’t cause the citizens to leave. Instead, some of the citizens decided they had taken enough abuse from Mop it up and swayed others to gather up their pitchforks and march down to Mop it up’s property to confront her. Mop it up heard the growing din of the crowd coming to see her and looked out her windows. She saw the people march over her prized purple pansies and pink dahlias, trampling them under their boots. This caused her to fly in a rage. She began looking for a weapon to use to attack the crowd with.

As the crowd chanted for her to go, she stormed out to meet them and said “If I have to leave this place then I’m taking some of you with me!” It seems that Mop it up decided to take on the strategy of a suicide bomber and she jumped towards the crowd with some lit sticks of dynamite. The people began to scatter but there was hardly any time to get away as some large explosions suddenly filled the air of Shady Village. The end result is that Mop it up took out 8 other people with her.

Or at least that’s how Mop it up imagined it playing out in her mind. Unfortunately, the rage caused by the trampling of her flowers caused her to have a stroke as she was getting ready to confront the mob. She collapsed to the ground from the heart attack after coming out to face the mob dropping the lit candlesticks she had been carrying with her. Her mind and eyesight were also failing her at this time of her life which usually happens for someone who has just turned 28 in Shady Village. The sudden death of Mop it up was a shock to the crowd and they left mostly subdued and saddened that their behavior had caused the death of an old lady. Even if she had been ornery and crotchety to all she met, Mop it up was just a regular old townie and didn’t deserve to be killed for it.

Meanwhile, one winter’s night over at Joja Mart, pokepal148, who was the GM of the Shady Village franchise, was getting ready to close up for the day. He had been working hard at trying to get lettuce to stick to the heads of different types of cats but wasn’t having much success as they kept finding ways to shake it off and remove it.

Suddenly, a shadowy figure entered the store.

(I will finish writing this up later after work)
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 87: Harvest Moon - Seasons of Mafia Town. Year 2.
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2021, 12:30:01 PM »
Announcement Post

Previous Year’s Results:

Dead

Mop it up – Regular Townie (Killed by Vote)
Pokepal148 – Townie Doctor (Killed by Mafia)

Meanwhile, Jamie has chosen to think about the two offers of love for now. They’re still on the table for Jamie to accept but for now the window is open for someone else to possibly come along and wow Jamie instead.

(Also, it hit me after I ended the Day 1 thread that I should have called it Year 1 thread as going by years is a better fit for a Harvest Moon game so Day threads are now Year threads. And not just because they feel like they last as long as a year.

Voting Time: For Day 2, the Day Thread will be open for a maximum of just about 50 hours. Voting will end and the thread will close at Noon EST Nov. 21 aka 9:00 AM PST Nov. 21 aka Midnight Perth Time Nov. 22. However, the thread and Day could end earlier if a Majority Vote is reached.

Majority Vote: There are currently 14 players still alive in this game meaning 8 votes would be needed to achieve a Majority Vote.

Today's Harvest Moon Musical Selection: Heart Event Theme - Harvest Moon: Sunshine Islands.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2021, 12:31:15 PM »
Goods For Your Farm

Here is the current list of available goods after all the selections from Year 1.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 02:58:54 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2021, 12:31:52 PM »
Current Available Selections for Players

As we enter our 5th 12 hour period, the following players have 5 selections they can make from the “Goods for your Farm” list if they wish to do so:

Order.RSS
ThePerm

The following players can make 4 selections from the list:

Nickmitch
Wah

The following players can make 3 selections from the list:

Lolmonade

The following players can make 2 selections from the list:

Luigi Dude

The following players can make 1 selection from the list:

BeautifulShy
Crimm
MASB
MKBungle
NWR_insanolord
stevey
Stratos
TOPHATANT123

That’s all the current details I need to cover for now. The game is back on!

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2021, 12:34:40 PM »
I will start my second harvest with Honey Dew Melon.  So sweet and tasty while also being a nice compliment for various drinks.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2021, 12:50:07 PM »
As for the results of the day I guess I got my wish on Mop it up being voted out for what she pulled last game but it was unfortunate she wasn't a mafia member.   Also pokepal getting killed by the Mafia is interesting as I was planning on voting him out on day 3 for not trusting me about Mop it up and MKBungle in our townie alliance . So it seems whoever is godfather caught up with what I was going to do with my votes.

That being said pokepal messaged me on Day 1 and said that he didn't trust Crimm and thought he was suspecious.

I was planning on voting for MK. Bungle today but I think for now till I have a better option I am voting for Crimm since it is the best lead I have.  If folks want to join me they can and if enough votes are there I can switch to MK. Bungle just to feel some sort of satisfaction over last game.

Vote Crimm

Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2021, 01:48:46 PM »
You may have killed me but you can't stop Capitalism!

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2021, 02:23:31 PM »
11/21 9pm est is a good amount of time for me to comb through the posts and really analyze everyone. I'm not sure if I've ever been the detective in the game. Even if you don't officially have the role, it still feels like you are. But that would be fun if I was. I have really fond memories of my first game with the f-zero theme. It felt like a Cyberpunk detective novel.  If only Cyberpunk 2077 was actually that engaging. That f-zero game also lasted for 11 days. I think I might binge-watch the rest of True Detective after this is over.

I also have to figure out how this harvest stuff works, because I have never played Harvest Moon. I was told it was like animal crossing with more farming. I do a lot of farming on stronghold kingdoms.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2021, 02:33:12 PM »
ThePerm the harvesting is a matter of just selecting any item in that list that hasn't been taken yet and that gives you a chance to find Jamie and have them join your side if they accept your proposal.  At the moment you can select 5 items at once but you may decide to wait to obtain them till later on in the day so you can select more items.   A lot of folks are using it to roleplay and it can be fun that way.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2021, 03:08:39 PM »
In that case I'll take Cabbage. I would say pumpkins, but I like eating cabbage more. Turnips might be interesting considering they're the original JAck-O-Lanterns

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2021, 03:22:51 PM »
I think I forgot about this game. My bad.
From the list, I'll take crawfish, rice, beagles, and lavender. I like all those things.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2021, 03:36:11 PM »
I'll pick Strawberry!

Also vote BeautifulShy because I'm jealous of the crops she is growing. Maybe if I could grow similar crops I'll vote someone else later...
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2021, 03:51:29 PM »
Drats! The doctor is dead, I hope Pokepal can rest in peace in the big Joja mart in the sky.

You know, my usual strategy is to suspect inactive parties. But this time, I've got a feeling that I might need to keep an eye on the hyper-active ones.

Whatevs... Let's keep at it for now, see where it leads us.

un-Vote Order.RSS

For my choice I'd love a nice bunch of Marguerite flowers, since they remind me of Xenogears. A game that totally exists in Shady Village.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2021, 03:04:29 PM by TOPHATANT123 »

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2021, 04:12:36 PM »
 ;D Harvest Sprites would love some grapes for next gift ;D We had lots but Bold made funny drink with them and Nappy drank it all  ;) So sad about Grandma Mop  :-[ Hopefully the Harvest Goddess gives sign for the next sacrifice  ;D

Offline MASB

• "The game's afoot, Watson!" "You're standing on mine, Holmes!"
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2021, 05:11:51 PM »
28 is considered old in Shady Village? Hmmm. Did the mafia dump toxic waste nearby many moons ago? And pokepal was the town doc even though he seemed to spend most of his time hawking canned scrambled eggs? People seem kinda off in this town.

Meanwhile, there's a granddaughter to comfort! People need food after funerals, so I'll ask for some pumpkins. Perfect to make pumpkin pie! Takes a flea a long time to put the whip creme on top, but it's worth it!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2021, 05:15:31 PM »
In that case I'll take Cabbage. I would say pumpkins, but I like eating cabbage more. Turnips might be interesting considering they're the original JAck-O-Lanterns

Dum-de-dum-dum. La-la-la-la-WHAT?! I recognize that wondrous head of green. You're growing cabbages on your farm!! I love cabbages. Please, ThePerm! You must give me some of this wondrous vegetable! I'll trade you for it! Yes, I'll give two, no, three, no, oh heck 5 items from my storehouses in return for some of your cabbage! Do we have a deal?! Why most excellent, my good man. This is truly a grand day in Shady Village. Keep up the good work with your farming!

(In non-roleplay speak: ThePerm selected one of the "Khushrenada bribe" items and can make another 5 selections from the list. That bonus plus the 4 he still has means that ThePerm can currently choose 9 items from the Goods For Your Farm list.)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 07:42:08 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2021, 05:44:36 PM »
Oh wow Perm is going to have the most bountiful harvest this year!!  Party at Perms place!!!
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2021, 08:10:31 PM »
In that case Turnips, Pumpkins, Sweet Corn(for making candy corn), Egg plant(because it's hillarious)

Black goat, Black Sheep, LLama(I love llamas), White Rabbit(so i can follow it)

and a snake!

I'm going to have a cool late Halloween display!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2021, 08:12:38 PM »
Well, that's not a great first day. I suppose that's the danger of bandwagoning someone because of what happened in the last game.

I will select buckwheat as my next item.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2021, 10:23:33 PM »
In that case Turnips, Pumpkins, Sweet Corn(for making candy corn), Egg plant(because it's hillarious)

and a snake!

Noted except Pumpkin was already claimed by MASB a couple posts ahead of yours. Can't give you that meaning you've still got 1 selection in your pocket.

Offline MASB

• "The game's afoot, Watson!" "You're standing on mine, Holmes!"
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2021, 12:02:42 AM »
A rookie farmer can't fail with Mayor Khushrenada's bountious generosity! I'll pick frogs this time. I love frog giggin'! And I can sell frog legs to Hanna's Cafe! Hear she wants to go in a French cooking direction! :D

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2021, 12:24:24 AM »

and a snake!

Noted except Pumpkin was already claimed by MASB a couple posts ahead of yours. Can't give you that meaning you've still got 1 selection in your pocket.

I was going to say HoneyDew melons can be carved, but ctrl f tolds me Beatifulshy called it. We'll carve pineapples!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2021, 12:40:09 AM »
For my second selection of the year I will take the Brown Alpaca.  Should help with the farming and rustling up the harvest.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2021, 01:36:13 AM »
Pick 1: Osrich me.
Pick 2: Penguin

I'm assembling an ark
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2021, 02:12:45 AM »
A rookie farmer can't fail with Mayor Khushrenada's bountious generosity! I'll pick frogs this time. I love frog giggin'! And I can sell frog legs to Hanna's Cafe! Hear she wants to go in a French cooking direction! :D

I'm afraid your selection was just a bit too soon before the second 12 hour period began. Look at the time stamp of your post and the time stamp of when the thread was created. About 30 minutes too soon. If you still want this selection than you can post it now that we are in the second 12 hour period of this Year.

Some might even say the first 12 hour period was Spring and now we are in the 12 hour period of Summer. My gosh, I had seasons for the "Years" in this game and never even saw it until now. The sheer brilliance of it all... it's incredible!!  :o :o