Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Melee needs your help!  (Read 2573 times)

Offline Novi

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Super Smash Bros. Melee needs your help!
« on: January 30, 2013, 04:09:06 AM »

Hello! I'm a competitive Super Smash Bros. Melee player. Melee has quite an active competitive scene although not everyone knows about it. My dream as a part of the Melee community is to see the scene grow and see Super Smash Bros. Melee getting exposure as the deep, technical, challenging and competitive fighter it is.

There was a time when Melee was featured in large tournaments like Major League Gaming (MLG) and Evolution Championship Series (EVO). These events were special because the pot prizes and the publicity they were able to provide. Unfortunately as Super Smash Bros. Melee is an old game it hasn't been featured in large tournaments like these in years. There are a lot of people in the community whose's dearest wish would be the see the game they love featured again in these events.

Now Super Smash Bros. Melee has a realistic chance of being featured at Evolution Championship Series tournament (EVO for short) this year.
The 8th game to be featured at EVO will be decided based on which game raises the most money to the breast cancer research. Right now Melee is having a close battle with the Skullgirls community, both games having raised over 25k in the process.

Source:

http://shoryuken.com/2013/01/08/evo-2013-details-game-lineup-get-your-game-to-evo-and-road-to-evo-events/

If you would like to see Super Smash Brothers Melee. being featured at Evolution Championship Tournament this year, please consider making a donation here:

https://www.wepay.com/donations/evo2013-ssbm

The donation drive ends on the 31th and both games are doing a final fundraiser today, so it's going to be close. Your help is appreciated =)

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Super Smash Bros. Melee needs your help!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 04:14:44 AM »
inb4 S-U-P-E-R
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 10:55:43 AM by S-U-P-E-R »

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 07:53:04 PM »
melee is a great game but its coming to the point where the train is gone for newcomers and with GCN controller compatibility having been phased out since 2009 nobody will even have an idea of how to use the only usable controller.

the melee fanbase is honestly little more then a little kid throwing a temper tantrum because he can't get every little thing he wants
crimm seems to agree
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/blog/32433

there is no reason why they couldn't adapt what they learned in melee to brawl but they were so butthurt about L canceling and wavedashing that they went on to call brawl an unbalanced(melee is no better) glitchy(isn't that what l-canceling and wavedashing is) mess.

im sorry to say but melees tourney setting will die.... its time to move on.. im not trying to flame(or start a flame war) but its true

although i think the smash bros fanbase in general is pretty bad. meta knight did not need to be banned

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 03:22:58 AM »
the melee fanbase is honestly little more then a little kid throwing a temper tantrum because he can't get every little thing he wants
crimm seems to agree
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/blog/32433

Why you hatin'? They raised a ton of money for charity. So did Skullgirls and Street Fighters and Ponies. Sure, there were some dumb hatery posts on smashboards, but you should check yourself

there is no reason why they couldn't adapt what they learned in melee to brawl but they were so butthurt about L canceling and wavedashing that they went on to call brawl an unbalanced(melee is no better) glitchy(isn't that what l-canceling and wavedashing is) mess.

You are assuming wrong things! Melee didn't have bad design elements put in on purpose. Meanwhile, Brawl is pretty bad, and pretty dead

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 07:41:13 AM »
im mostly saying that there is little chance for melee's tourney scene to grow.  its old and the controller is rather unusual.

its a great cause but honestly brawl is a much more user friendly game(and frankly i like melees physics engine but brawls floatyness is  better suited for the game,
i was trying to point out the hypocrisy towards some of the brawl hate. i put 200 hours into brawl and dont recall any glitches i encountered

i hope the next game extends a few olive branches to the tournament scene while mantaining the user friendly nature of brawl.

like i said the smash bros fanbase sucks