Author Topic: Hey! DC's got stuff too... (Official Thread for the DCU of Movies and TV)  (Read 270789 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
I used to watch that with my nephew....soo weird...but good.

There's that episode with Robin's handsome face, or is there more than one of those episodes?
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
I like it. It's easy to put on every once and awhile and listen to some dumb jokes. The music though, as already pointed out, is definitely the best part.

My favorite is this clip

Cracks me up everytime. I forget which beat they stole. I wish I could remember.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 02:23:57 AM by Stogi »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
I like it. It's easy to put on every once and awhile and listen to some dumb jokes. The music though, as already pointed out, is definitely the best part.

My favorite is this clip

Cracks me up everytime. I forget which beat they stole. I wish I could remember.

OMG, which episode number is that? I need to watch the whole thing.

and Lucario can hate on TTGo all he wants, but I enjoy it from time to time.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
As a parent of two small boys, Teen Titans Go is probably my favorite thing to watch with them.  I'm not sure if Lucario's gripes are because it's not story driven like the early 2000's version was, or the zany nature of the current show doesn't jive with a lot of DC's other properties, but most of the episodes I've seen have been fun, silly stories.  There have even been a few episodes I've seen that have made a point to be self-deprecating, such as one where they make a point to be "super serious", changing their animation style to look all bulky and brooding while fighting crime, and one which covers the topic of cartoon violence, and the characters playing in different animation styles to match loony-tunes, and old anime to gauge what makes violence "acceptable".

If you're looking for a short, silly cartoon with a superhero premise, can't do much better than this show.  Reminds me of old Powerpuff Girls episodes in the good ways.

Offline TofuFury

• Made you look!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Please tell me you don't like Teen Titans Go!

I haven't been able to watch it, so I can't give much of an opinion either way. I did love the 2000's Teen Titans, though. I was a huge Young Justice fan, and really hope Netflix gets to make season 3 one day. I love DC's teen hero roster, and Young Justice might be my favorite animated show that DC has ever done. Brave and the Bold is a close second, because it managed to fit serious stories with humor and a deep love of DC's vast roster.
TheNorthSea/TofuFury

"So, Mike, no skydiving Grandma, huh? Man, they lead you up to something great, and then they just shoot it down. Stupid grandma-leaver-outers" - Tom Servo

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Re: Hey! DC's got stuff too... (Official Thread for the DCU of Movies and TV)
« Reply #80 on: September 01, 2016, 07:31:13 PM »
I saw Suicide Squad a little while back. Lots to likebut also quite flawed. When it repeatedly devolved into blah boring action it was not good.
Then I watched Assault on Arkham. Again lots to like but also flawed. It was ... just OK.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #81 on: September 01, 2016, 09:49:49 PM »
I really want to see the original Edit of the movie with all the deleted scenes (Directors Cut) without the Deadpool make over throughout. 

The movie as it is...just feels like a music video or video cinematic. 

Finishing my thoughts:

The movie looks like it should have a different feel.  Again it feels more like a tragedy/horror film.  With the known cuts showing Harley Quinn being in an abusive relationship and dealing with Enchantress trapping Col. Flag's Girlfriend...the movie should have been about a team that is dysfunctional and about to kill each other but someone manages to make it out alive.

I don't have proof but I think all the true character development must have been cut out of the film because it focused on why the characters a villains and should be despised instead of the audience rooting for them.  I think Captain Boomerang should have been a racist and sexist like in the comic.  That there is this fear Col. Flag has about being betrayed to the point he brings in Katana to secret watch his back.

What is interesting is I believe this movie may have existed at one point and then it was changed.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 03:05:31 AM by Spak-Spang »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2016, 05:32:03 AM »
From all indications that is what happened.  The Joker was supposed to be abusive to Harley. At one point she was supposed to tell him to **** off.  They would of course make up later because that's what redneck couples do.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 02, 2016, 12:54:37 PM »
Just adding my two cents that Teen Titans Go is probably the best DC property active in TV/Film right now.  Granted, that's not really saying a whole lot - but it really is a great show to kill 10 mins now and then.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #84 on: September 02, 2016, 07:05:12 PM »
Just adding my two cents that Teen Titans Go is probably the best DC property active in TV/Film right now.  Granted, that's not really saying a whole lot - but it really is a great show to kill 10 mins now and then.

Actually WB DC TV shows are really killing it.  The Arrow although not as great as previous seasons is entertaining and feels comic accurate as does The Flash.  Super girl had some problems in the first season, but perhaps the second season and move to a new network will give it the freedom to embrace the Super-Property more and move away from singularly focused girl power aspect of the show. 

Teen Titans Go isn't a bad show, it is actually quite creative and if the show didn't replace Young Justice it would have been better received, but one of the best DC animated shows was cancelled too early.  And that was a shame...and it created a lot of backlash for the shows that replaced it.

I am curious about the new Justice League cartoon series that will come out...it has high standards to live up too.  I like the art style and I don't mind playful art styles, but the stories need to be strong and it can be comical, but it needs to not be geared to less children.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 08, 2016, 08:18:49 PM »
http://io9.gizmodo.com/geoff-johns-on-the-future-of-dc-movies-relax-were-cha-1786394751?

Jeoff Johns is "rebirthing" the DCCU to have more hope and optimism. Plans to address all the things that were "off" in BvS.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 09, 2016, 01:12:51 PM »
Actually WB DC TV shows are really killing it.  The Arrow although not as great as previous seasons is entertaining and feels comic accurate as does The Flash.  Super girl had some problems in the first season, but perhaps the second season and move to a new network will give it the freedom to embrace the Super-Property more and move away from singularly focused girl power aspect of the show.

Arrow has tanked in quality compared to earlier seasons.  And I am so over the Felicity drama.

Flash is pretty awesome.

Supergirl... Meh.  The Flash episode was the best thing out of it.  I haven't given up on it, but I wouldn't have cried if it had just been cancelled instead of moving to CW.

I noticed you left out Legends of Tomorrow... ;)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #87 on: September 09, 2016, 07:00:01 PM »
http://io9.gizmodo.com/geoff-johns-on-the-future-of-dc-movies-relax-were-cha-1786394751?

Jeoff Johns is "rebirthing" the DCCU to have more hope and optimism. Plans to address all the things that were "off" in BvS.

But is it really the "tone" that's the issue?  Yeah, "dark and gloomy" doesn't work for Superman, but that doesn't change the fact that they made two shitty movies starring the guy.  A solo Bat-fleck-flick could have all the doom and gloom they want, as long as they make it a good movie.  I worry that they know something is wrong, but aren't exactly sure what.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2016, 07:34:01 PM »
I thought Man of Steel was okay. It has its problems, but it isn't the dumpster fire Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice was. Afleck was the bomb as Batman despite breaking Batman's only two rules... repeatedly.

As far as the DCEU, outside of rebooting the whole thing, barely mentioning or referring to the first three films is probably Geoff Johns best move here. Still, I'll never understand why Warner Bros. didn't at least attempt to hand the keys over to Paul Dini and Bruce Timm, explicitly telling the latter that Batman doesn't **** Batgirl. They successfully made the DCAu, just make a live action one.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #89 on: September 09, 2016, 07:41:47 PM »
BvS was definitely the worse of the two, but I still can't get over how they treat Clark Kent like a non-character and how Superman has the personality of a cardboard cutout.

But yeah, it's weird that they have competent storytellers on payroll that they aren't tapping.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #90 on: September 09, 2016, 10:08:28 PM »

Arrow has tanked in quality compared to earlier seasons.  And I am so over the Felicity drama.

Flash is pretty awesome.

Supergirl... Meh.  The Flash episode was the best thing out of it.  I haven't given up on it, but I wouldn't have cried if it had just been cancelled instead of moving to CW.

I noticed you left out Legends of Tomorrow... ;)

I usually write inbetween classes so ran out of time.  Legends of Tomorrow was a good premise ruined by bad writing.  Seriously that writing team sucked.  They could have told the entire Vandal Savage story in 5 episodes and had a much stronger, better realistic story...then have the rest of the season be them out laws with Chronos chasing them...do the betrayal of Heatwave and Captain Cold killing him, then a planned attack on the Time Masters because they are going to reverse the death of Savage...they are stopped by Chronos and captured only to reveal Chronos is Heatwave...and move into the final arc of the season.  Simple 13 episode series with a few throw away episodes for team bonding and teaching the audience the rules of time travel in this universe.  Finally I would of had an epilogue season finale episode showing them as their new role working together as the new time masters and then do the cliffhanger from the final episode. 

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 09, 2016, 11:53:19 PM »
Legends of Tomorrow was just a complete cluster from the outset.  I liked the *idea*, but you are correct - the team handling the series just had no idea what they were doing.  They would explain the rules of time travel, then change them in the next episode ("we have to hurry up and stop the Soviets from building an army of Firestorm soldiers before this future timeline sets and we can't stop it!"  Never mind the fact that the entire premise of the show is set on changing the timeline by killing Savage in various random years waaaay before he takes over the world...)

Ugh.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 10, 2016, 01:29:59 PM »
Looks like DCTVerse will have another property brought to the small screen
http://collider.com/black-lightning-tv-series-fox-greg-berlanti/

This one is dropping on Fox, but who knows... maybe if it's any good, S2 will move to The DCW like Supergirl, to join the Berlantiverse

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 10, 2016, 01:40:38 PM »
What team wrote Young Justice? Get those guys to write the next movie.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 26, 2016, 02:52:44 AM »
Looks like Batman movie is happening sooner rather than later
http://batman-news.com/2016/09/25/ben-affleck-batman-march-2018-production/

Offline TofuFury

• Made you look!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 27, 2016, 01:10:41 AM »
I enjoyed Legend's of Tomorrow, even though it had problems. It at least had fun here and there and didn't take itself too seriously. I enjoyed most of the characters on the show, and I'm glad there's a series for them. I can still enjoy a flawed tv show if I like the people in it.

That said, I have high hopes for Season 2. I'm a huge Justice Society fan, and they're adding the characters I want to see on TV (Hourman, Mid-Nite, and Stargirl). I'm hoping there's more direction in this season and the writers feel more comfortable writing an ensemble cast.
TheNorthSea/TofuFury

"So, Mike, no skydiving Grandma, huh? Man, they lead you up to something great, and then they just shoot it down. Stupid grandma-leaver-outers" - Tom Servo

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 27, 2016, 02:29:03 AM »
Since the DCCU killed off Clark Kent along w/ *SPOILER* Jimmy Olsen *SPOILER*, it looks like it's up to DCTVU to fill that void (and appear to be doing it better than the movies did anyway ;))

Clark Kent/Superman & Supergirl
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/09/26/supergirl-superman-season-2

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 29, 2016, 11:49:57 PM »
I thought the people on these forums would appreciate this video

I was looking for a Night begins to Shine Cover.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 30, 2016, 12:47:41 AM »
I thought the people on these forums would appreciate this video

I was looking for a Night begins to Shine Cover.

YEAH!!!!