Author Topic: Heroes Season 3  (Read 21228 times)

Offline bosshogx

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • Monday Night Crew.com
Re: Heroes Season 3
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2009, 09:08:03 AM »
As long as I get to continue the adventures of Hiro and Matt Parkman, I don't care what they do with the show.  I'm so easy to please!  :P
www.mondaynightcrew.com
A video game webcomic that's updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Wii 2338-1768-8759-4933
Planet Puzzle League 180490-316211
Advance Wars 171922-891988

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2009, 09:20:02 AM »
Volume 4 was great up until the end.  BOO on that finale, I can't mention enough how much that sucks.

I will not worry about the twisted ending, that is absolutely the WORST logic possible.  The President has a threat against him with powers, BUT if we can hide one senators death then the country can forget about this mess?  So Sylar is still alive, whatever.

But once again, they screw with Hiro.  So lets go on his journey.  1)Gets his Powers, 2)Loses his Powers, 3)Goes on Journey to get Powers back 4)Learns through a Speedster that he doesn't truly stop all time. 5)Hiro Loses power Again 6)Ando gets cool power boost others Powers 7)Hiro whines for entire volume about being powerless.  8)Hiro gets power back. 9)Hiro learns he can't use power because his body is rejecting it?  9)If Hiro uses power again he could die. 

Why not freaking kill Hiro if you are worried about his ability its not like the writers are doing anything interesting with the character.
Also, Ando's power has changed?  He now shoots it out at people, but does it still super charge people with abilities?  Or did they forget about that power which was really cool?

Why do people forget about Claire's ability to heal?  Hiro ask for some of her blood.  Perhaps it can heal you.  While you are at it...give her blood to Nathan, even if it has to be a ton of blood it will help.  Speaking of which does anyone else realize how retarded the off switch is for Claire and Sylar, if it is her blood that is capable of healing?  Not every power has to be activated by the brain...just saying.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2009, 09:21:34 AM »
As long as I get to continue the adventures of Hiro and Matt Parkman, I don't care what they do with the show.  I'm so easy to please!  :P

I agree Matt Parkman is becoming the go to story.  I like the side stories more than following Sylar and the main family.  But Hiro isn't Hiro anymore, and they are taking all the fun out of his story. 

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2009, 02:32:45 PM »
Volume 4 was great up until the end.  BOO on that finale, I can't mention enough how much that sucks.

I will not worry about the twisted ending, that is absolutely the WORST logic possible.  The President has a threat against him with powers, BUT if we can hide one senators death then the country can forget about this mess?  So Sylar is still alive, whatever.

But once again, they screw with Hiro.  So lets go on his journey.  1)Gets his Powers, 2)Loses his Powers, 3)Goes on Journey to get Powers back 4)Learns through a Speedster that he doesn't truly stop all time. 5)Hiro Loses power Again 6)Ando gets cool power boost others Powers 7)Hiro whines for entire volume about being powerless.  8)Hiro gets power back. 9)Hiro learns he can't use power because his body is rejecting it?  9)If Hiro uses power again he could die. 

Why not freaking kill Hiro if you are worried about his ability its not like the writers are doing anything interesting with the character.
Also, Ando's power has changed?  He now shoots it out at people, but does it still super charge people with abilities?  Or did they forget about that power which was really cool?

Why do people forget about Claire's ability to heal?  Hiro ask for some of her blood.  Perhaps it can heal you.  While you are at it...give her blood to Nathan, even if it has to be a ton of blood it will help.  Speaking of which does anyone else realize how retarded the off switch is for Claire and Sylar, if it is her blood that is capable of healing?  Not every power has to be activated by the brain...just saying.
I agree with everything you have said in this post. But you have to overlook certain things otherwise the show will never truly move forward. And they also had to bring back Brian Fuller(?) to help with the shows direction before it just flat out got canceled, so he basically had to try and bry all the bad that was created and something watchable again that was actually going somewhere

They basically handed Brian Fuller a pile of ****, then asked him to squeeze it and turn t into a diamond. They have no idea what direction to take the show and no idea o how to get there once they figured it out.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 29, 2009, 02:37:45 PM »
I think the creator even said they really make it up as they go. Hopefully Fuller can add some direction to next season and get it back on track. Yeah there will probably be contradictions but it may be for the better, like what was done with Star Trek Enterprise in season 4 where they pretty much dumped mostly everything "established" the previous seasons to focus the show. Though I hope that UNLIKE Enterprise if it turns around the show will still have an audience.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2009, 12:30:29 AM »
See I think that Fuller did a great job refocusing volume 4.  I thought volume 4 was going great, and the finale hurt just a bit. 

The truth is, that next season has the potential to be good.  The Sylar/Nathan storyline is intriguing and truthfully some good writing can come of that.  But I don't want to see evil Sylar again...I am not sure I want to see Sylar again for awhile.  I actually liked the idea of Sylar wooing Claire in the Finale, it was evil and twisted...and if they care that uncomfortable nature with Claire becoming close (best friends stuff) with Nathan and we all know that Nathan is Sylar that would be a great story, specially if Sylar remains good and doesn't go back to evil.

Now for Hiro, technically he is not losing his power, his power just has consequences.  Depending on how the deal with those consequences I am ok with it.  If it means Hiro must carefully judge when to use his power because it could incap. him or something that is ok.  If he can never use his powers again then BOO.  I would rather like to see his powers regress and weaker allowing for his ability to stop time to be "beaten."

But I also want to know where badass Hiro is?  Seriously, he used to have a future self that was hardcore and not a joke.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2009, 04:14:21 AM »
Yeah, and Peter had a future self that was bad ass with a scar down his face.

That future obviously doesn't exist at this point, because I think up until recently I don't think the writers knew where they were going with this show for more than 2-3 episodes at a time. But don't forget Hiro is also supposed to be killed by Ando at some point, so how badass could that Hiro of been anyway?

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2009, 07:16:08 AM »
Has anybody noticed how Sylar's clothes either shapeshift too (when his powers cant do that) or he's changing into new ones? Make up your mind!

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2009, 02:29:58 PM »
Heroes has always operated on the premise that the future is but one possible future.

I have explained this several times, but traveling to the future equals traveling to the most probable outcome.  Yet, Premonition, seeing the future equates to actually seeing the events that will unfold, yet it is not fully understood what those events mean.  As Angela says my dreams are often up for interpretation. 

What is frustrating is they have a very smart format of doing volumes and telling a story and completing it.  2 a season is also great for focusing the writing.  But they need to spend the summer focusing on a direction for the show and evolving the characters.  It is ok for characters to grow out of their initial character traits and flaws.  I thought Season 2 had potential in that regard...yet, it never came about.  I really wish the writers strike wouldn't of happened.  I would have loved to see the fully developed concept of murder mystery outline for Heroes. 

Also being killed by your best friend is vastly different than being killed by somebody else.  Perhaps he had no idea what would happen.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 02:34:35 PM by Spak-Spang »

Offline Snipper64

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Snipper64
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2009, 05:00:06 PM »
1. I think the sword broke, and Hiro did face a T-Rex... in the museum.

2. Crimson Arc is the super hero name that Ando came up with for himself.
Crimson I think is the color his electric shock (crimson red)

Thanks for that :)

Also, he did face the t-rex in the museum?! Man, too bad I missed that one, thats very funny! BUt makes sence!
I am matter...I am antimatter...I can see your past...I can see your future...I consume time...and I will consume you!

VOTE FOR CHOANIKI! you know you want too...

Offline Snipper64

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Snipper64
« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2009, 05:13:45 PM »
Hmm... you are very good with your ideas of heros spak.

Also, does anyone have any ideas for whats going to happen in the next volume? Well besides syler realising he is not parkman, cause we all now that will happen....

Also, no one said anything about the ice woman powers changing? No she can only do water, and is out for reveange? I guess it is better then the writers saying "Oh look, there is a 4th clone/twin now"...

For what i think/hope will happen in the next volume, Nika/rebal will be put back into the story showing what he is doing (And his sister who watches and learns? almost like a mild syler power... amost, what happen to her? Alot of pertantial). I feel those two, along with others were left out from the last two volumes. Then Again, I liked this volume because they did one or two story/s a day. In the first two volumes there were 7 stories going on at once, it was nice, but frustrating because you get each storie in morsals.

Do you guys like the old 7 stories template, or the new 1-2 stories in the new episiodes? I prefear the new set up.
I am matter...I am antimatter...I can see your past...I can see your future...I consume time...and I will consume you!

VOTE FOR CHOANIKI! you know you want too...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2009, 06:25:53 PM »
Hmm... you are very good with your ideas of heros spak.

Also, does anyone have any ideas for whats going to happen in the next volume? Well besides syler realising he is not parkman, cause we all now that will happen....

Also, no one said anything about the ice woman powers changing? No she can only do water, and is out for reveange? I guess it is better then the writers saying "Oh look, there is a 4th clone/twin now"...
looks like I called the Tracy thing.
Nice post. but a few things i want to point out. Daphne = dead... fine but Tracy = dead?? maybe.
Did you see her ice sculpture face blink? What if her powers evolve like Matt Parkmans did?
Maybe her powers go from frozen touch --> cold snap --> Ice Queen (solidify & liquify)?
Personally I don't mind seeing her go, but she still has another identical sister(or two) out there somewhere, so one way or another, she will be back(the actress, not necessarily that character)

Do you guys like the old 7 stories template, or the new 1-2 stories in the new episiodes? I prefear the new set up.
Focus. Its what we've praising Brian Fuller about. He brings focus to the episodes. The characters have time to develop & a story that makes sense can be told.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2009, 06:35:42 PM »
Screw Heroes. Give me back Pushing Daisies.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2009, 06:53:11 PM »
Sanctuary seems to do better with people with powers better than Heroes does.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2009, 08:16:55 PM »
I love Sanctuary too.