Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1194992 times)

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #825 on: October 26, 2010, 12:44:52 PM »
Lol yeah I get my blondes mixed up rather easily and I was thinking about posting about Modern Family which I love.

I agree on the Bautista story arc... BORING! If anything they should have continued the IA investigation for punching that guy out rather than this bs with his wife, which he was totally in the right about. Who knows, maybe it'll all come around somehow, Laguerta has always had a thing for Dexter...
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: October 26, 2010, 01:40:58 PM »
apparently she always had a thing s***ing c*** too.

And once you see that LaGuerta was undercover as a prostitute or a whore of some sort Bautista was probably a little turned on considering how he started his last relationship ;)

But Dexter is known for it's build up to conclusion, so maybe the jealous lover story line ends up working it's way into something much more interesting and not be a drag on the show which is already taking too long to build up something.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: October 26, 2010, 03:17:48 PM »
I wouldn't mind the LaGuerta side story if she was hot.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #828 on: October 26, 2010, 04:02:10 PM »
I wouldn't mind the LaGuerta side story if she was hot.
Same goes for Deb.
I know that's MCH's wife and all, but that chick needs to eat a sandwhich or something. That wouldn't fix her "hotness" problem, but atleast she wouldn't look so damn skinny.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #829 on: October 26, 2010, 04:24:31 PM »
None of the women on Dexter have ever been especially good-looking. Remember that crazy pyro English chick from Season 2? Seriously, here was something wrong with her. Deb looks like a teenage boy, and LaGuerta's eyes are constantly in danger of popping out. I never liked Rita, either. Girl needed to put on some weight.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #830 on: October 26, 2010, 04:37:40 PM »
I thought Lylah (chick from s2) was kinda sexy, but she was a little skinny too.

The hottest chicks I can think of from any season of Dexter is the latina cop that's on this season right now and Quinn's GF last season (Trinity's daughter), the female cop Dex off'd last season ("are you gonna rape me now?") and a not so close fourth would be Rita.

I can't remember any specific examples from season earlier than last season though.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 04:39:19 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: October 26, 2010, 05:18:11 PM »
I think the casting decisions for the characters in Dexter are intentional weird. Everyone in that show has some nasty flaw, some more nasty than others. Ritas personality is reflected in her weak body. Nicer looking the chick is, more insane they are. Deb is a tomboy of sorts.

Besides, it's more realistic not to have a world loaded with 10/10 good looking people.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline MaryJane

• View Profile
« Reply #832 on: October 26, 2010, 08:18:45 PM »
I was with you guys until you started hating on Rita, she's not skinny, she is seriously stacked up top and has a fairly round bottom for a non-thick chick. Face is only a 6 or 7 but I could work with it lol. I also thought Lylah was pretty hot, Quinn's gf last season and Deborah as well but not as much, but I kinda got a thing for thin.

I don't remember what the cop Dexter killed looked like, but I remember thinking she was hot.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #833 on: October 26, 2010, 08:30:33 PM »
I was with you guys until you started hating on Rita, she's not skinny, she is seriously stacked up top...

"Stacked up top" is not a term one can apply to Rita. Here's a list of actresses/characters it DOES apply to:

1) Joan on Mad Men
2) Salma Hayek's characters on Ugly Betty & 30 Rock
3) Jeri Ryan on Voyager
4) The brunette on Stargate Universe
5) Counselor Troi on Next Generation (to a lesser degree)
6) Sofia Vergara on Modern Family

Standards, man. Get some. LOL
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #834 on: October 26, 2010, 08:40:07 PM »
I don't remember what the cop Dexter killed looked like, but I remember thinking she was hot.

I just looked her up because I didn't really remember what she looked like either. She's not really that hot, but she looked good on Dexter. her name was Christina Cox if you wanna refresh your memory.

And Rita (Julie Benz - now starring on ABC's No Ordinary Family)was not too thin, she was in the area of decent body. not thick, but not skinny, not stacked but definitely not flat, a nice little booty and had an above average face. She is actually probably in her prime right now looks wise too as someone's "hot Mom" or MILF.

Offline MaryJane

• View Profile
« Reply #835 on: October 26, 2010, 08:46:02 PM »
Seriously, Google image search Julie Benz she's stacked WAY more than Troi from TNG not as much as Sofia Vegara and Christina Hendricks (Joan from Mad Men) but still stacked.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: October 26, 2010, 09:26:24 PM »
I thought Julie Benz looked good in Boondocks Saints II. I never thought she was unattractive, but blondes aren't my thing (unless they have an accent).

Deb is way too skinny...sickly so. Eat a steak for god sakes.

The hottest chick in any season thus far is that latina cop BnM mentioned (April Hernandez) and she's not even that hot, she just has a nice booty.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline MaryJane

• View Profile
« Reply #837 on: October 26, 2010, 11:47:39 PM »
Agreed on April Hernandez.

I just finished watching Sons of Anarchy which tonight was a good hour and a half long (though the numbers of commercials leads me to believe there was only like 10mins of extra show).

Very explosive episode, as usual; lots of action, nice plot turns and the deeper involvement of some new characters. I never thought I could get into a show about bikers but this is one of my favorites.

Offline MaryJane

• View Profile
« Reply #838 on: October 28, 2010, 12:28:34 PM »
Last night's Modern Family, I usually don't like holiday themed episodes, but this show has managed to strike a good balance between the themes and the congruence of the show. Last season's Christmas episode was also well done for a theme show, but I still wish there were no holiday-themed episodes. Just do the shows with no respect to time, or anything else besides the characters.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #839 on: October 28, 2010, 01:29:49 PM »
[size=78%]I liked it, and Raising Hope's Halloween episode was pretty good too.[/size]

[size=78%]I was loving the correction of Gloria's english words as I go through the same thing with my girl sometimes (she's Mexican and sometimes mispronounces stuff - instead of saying "hand me that bag", she might say "hand me that bog" :D ) but her talking in her "American" accent made me appreciate her Colombian accent more. I just wish she would tone down the high pitch JAAAAy come here JAAAAAy (ahhhh my ears... shut that parrot up!!!)[/size]

edit: since I never delivered the Gloria jiggle and shake form a few eps back

« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 01:53:55 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #840 on: October 29, 2010, 05:25:53 PM »
Is she jailbait, or can I legally think she's freaking HOT?

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: October 30, 2010, 10:54:42 AM »
Is she dressed as Bridgette in that last one?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: October 30, 2010, 12:50:24 PM »
Looks like a slutty mother Theresa to me.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #843 on: October 30, 2010, 01:01:16 PM »
Is she jailbait, or can I legally think she's freaking HOT?

She is 19 going on 20 in a few months. She was legal when the show started.

Is she dressed as Bridgette in that last one?

"Mother Teresa...when she was still hot"

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: October 30, 2010, 04:57:53 PM »

Sure looks like Bridget to me.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: October 31, 2010, 02:23:12 AM »
Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes!
This show airs on DisneyXD and I found it surprisingly good. There's only been one episode so far (not including the episodes prior to the actual forming of the Avengers) but the action is good, voices are decent, stories compelling, and they even showed the death of Captain America's sidekick Bucky. I say that to say it's not a kiddy interpretaion of the Avengers, it's the real deal. I don't want to give away the villain, but he did a hell of a lot of damage, to the point where people had to have died. I'm very interested to see where they take this show. 7.5/10

Based on your recommendation, I went back and started watching this series and I'm sorry man, but this show is weak (especially compared to the Marvel show that immediately preceded it, Spectacular Spider-Man).  The animation is just "blah" (with some particularly awful action animations that don't look anywhere near as powerful as the reaction they get), the writing is childish at best (and not in a good way like in Spectacular Spider-Man or Justice League), and the voice acting is spotty.  Probably the thing that bugs me most watching it, though, is that I just feel nothing watching it.  I don't hate it, but outside of a few witty lines (uttered by the Hulk of all people) the show's just so...average.  The show's also hit hard by the censorship mallet, as just in these opening episodes there are many times when an attack should have inflict major if not fatal injury that normal people just shrug off (a scene where a woman gets slammed upon by the sharp edge of a giant axe blade comes to mind, which only "slams her into the ground").  And where are the big name villains of the Marvel Universe?  It's pitiful when the biggest named villain I could find was The Crimson Dynamo.  The villains on this show don't look like they'd make a decent C or D-class Rogue's Gallery.  This show makes me very fearful of what Disney will turn out with Ultimate Spider-Man.

That isn't to say it's all bad, though.  Like I said, the writers occasionally slip in a funny line (as mentioned, one line from the Hulk when a villain decides turning his body to rock is a good idea is particularly amusing) and I do like the continuity between episodes.  I also like this duality angle they're exploiting with The Hulk, which hasn't really been done in animation before with the two sides of Banner talking with one another and reasoning through situations.  I'm hoping that this series manages to find a way to make Ant Man and The Wasp not completely and utterly lame, but that's like trying to make Aquaman not totally lame...oh wait...*eyes Justice League*

EDIT:  One other good thing about the series, though: it does have a pretty cool theme song, in that 80s/90s sort of way.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 03:18:44 AM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline MaryJane

• View Profile
« Reply #846 on: October 31, 2010, 07:23:32 AM »
Yeah, if you were expecting blood, you've come to the wrong show. I don't recall any 'normal' people getting hit with an axe, but there are quite a few 'supers' who could withstand such an attack.

I don't know what your problem is with the voices, Iron Man sounds like Robert Downy Jr and the only people with any inflections in their voice are Hulk and Thor, with only Thor's voice being a little off for me. The other character sound like normal everyday people.

And did you see the first 'official' episode? Gravitron?? If that's not a good enough villain from the Marvel universe to start off a series, I don't know who is.

Anyway, I gave it a 7.5/10 for potential, not exactly a glowing review, but I don't agree with, nor understand your grievances, but feel free to have them. :)

And, I'm very glad to hear that chick from Modern Family is of age. I was having a serious problem with myself for finding her so delectable at what I imagined was a young age. I notice they're using more adults to play children, the chick on No Ordinary Family has been around for awhile in some small roles (at least I've only seen her in such) and her character is around the same age as Cutie McCute Cute on Modern Family.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #847 on: October 31, 2010, 12:06:29 PM »
And, I'm very glad to hear that chick from Modern Family is of age. I was having a serious problem with myself for finding her so delectable at what I imagined was a young age. I notice they're using more adults to play children, the chick on No Ordinary Family has been around for awhile in some small roles (at least I've only seen her in such) and her character is around the same age as Cutie McCute Cute on Modern Family.

yep, Kay Panabaker (No Ordinary Family) is 20 years old
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0659048/

and Sarah Hyland (Modern Family) turns 20 next month
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0405103/
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 12:10:40 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #848 on: October 31, 2010, 08:10:07 PM »
Neon Genesis Evangelion / End of Evangelion
What in the bluest of blue hells did I just witness / 10

I will say that after reading about Gainax's money and censorship troubles the last few episodes make a little bit of sense, but I'm still freaking lost about everything that happened after about episode 20.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: October 31, 2010, 08:14:52 PM »
Neon Genesis Evangelion / End of Evangelion
What in the bluest of blue hells did I just witness / 10

I will say that after reading about Gainax's money and censorship troubles the last few episodes make a little bit of sense, but I'm still freaking lost about everything that happened after about episode 20.

Honestly, just ditch everything about the original Evangelion series and movies, and look forward to the new movies.  Evangelion 1.11 (the new reboot movie) is pretty awesome and what I've heard of Evangelion 2.0  tells me that they're fixing a lot of the problems the original series had.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.