Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1186324 times)

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #200 on: December 07, 2009, 05:31:58 PM »
Final episodes of Monk: Both episodes felt slapped together. The bad guy didn't have six fingers, all of sudden there's a present Monk never opened for 12 years (where has it been during the past seven seasons?), there's suddenly an unsolved case involving some nurse at a hospital...it was all very lazily written.

However, I thought it was nice that Monk has a new "Trudy" now, and the final song was touching.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 07, 2009, 05:43:14 PM »
I was very disappointed that they didn't plan out the ending and plant little easter eggs through out the seasons leading up to things that would all get wrapped up in the final episode.

Like maybe one day Natalie is cleaning in Monk's den and goes to move that little present and Monk gets all protective over it, or Monk passing by that Mid-Wife clinic with Sharona and mentioning something about it, or having visited the Judges house with the captain in some past season and mention how weird it is to put a sundial in the shade. Then flash back to all those little things that they included over the years as Monk starts to put it all together.

That would have been a little more satisfying than the build up to the finale that they had. Because it really did seem like they just came up with it and haven't been leading us up to any big reveal like you would expect out of a detective show where he has been "actively" trying to find the killer of his wife since the very first episode.

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #202 on: December 07, 2009, 07:14:06 PM »
Yeah, he was only actively looking for his Trudy's killer for the first two seasons. After Sharona left, I suspect many of the writers did too, and all of a sudden Monk is going camping and gets attacked by a bear.

Sheesh. You get the feeling that the people who wrote the final episode didn't bother to watch the previous seasons of the show.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 08, 2009, 12:32:00 AM »
Dexter - 2nd to last episode of the season and the build up was great.

Hello, Dexter Morgan.

I can't wait to see the season finale on Sunday.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 11, 2009, 12:01:35 AM »
Yeah Dexter's getting good (finally!)

Always Sunny is still cracking my **** up. Their season finale was amazing.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 12, 2009, 03:01:09 PM »
Season 2 is probably the funniest season because of Toph. But there's one episode that comes to mind in season 3 that had me in tears.

But yeah, enjoy the ride!

I'm sure if you look up "awesome" in the dictionary, you'll find a picture of Toph there.  She's my favorite character in Avatar, and she kicks ass.  She's the only character in the entire show who even by the end of the show could still kick Aang's ass, and she's absolutely hilarious (and often self-depricating).

I just finished disc 2 of book 2 and that Toph chick is cold blooded. LOL.
She would not let up on Aang or that Water Tribe chick and I didn't want her too, although I did feel a little bad for Aang at first. Sucks that I didn't have disc 3 waiting for me though because of how the last episode ended (Knowledge temple).

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 12, 2009, 04:06:12 PM »
That's where it ended?!

That's a shame. The next episode is probably my favorite of the whole season.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 12, 2009, 09:04:08 PM »
*looks at his Avatar Book 2 episode listings*

Ouch, yeah that's a nasty place to be left hanging.  Still, you have some really outstanding episodes ahead of you once Discs 3 and 4 arrive from Netflix (which is what I assume you're using)
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 12, 2009, 09:07:42 PM »
Netflix all day everyday.

Netflix has become a necessity in my daily/weekly routine.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 14, 2009, 01:20:09 PM »
Dexter season 5

I don't know if I can watch this show. I've been there since the beginning but it's becoming kinda trite with the finale finally making me realize this.

I'll make my assessment to continue watching based on the first episode of next season.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #210 on: December 14, 2009, 01:36:15 PM »
I haven't watched the last  ep of 4 yet, but I'm guessing they didn't end the story like most hoped it would end huh?

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #211 on: December 14, 2009, 04:09:45 PM »
THANK GOD they ended Dexter that way. I was SO TIRED of that aspect of the show. Trinity did our boy a favor, no doubt. Good ending to a good season overall, though it really dragged on in places.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 15, 2009, 12:06:46 PM »
I fucked up here.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 11:48:37 PM by Brandogg »
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 15, 2009, 12:52:23 PM »
Holy Mountain, wasn't that the 70's movie with several different stories and one of them was the big ass sex machine?

Online ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 15, 2009, 09:58:44 PM »
The Holy Mountain - 10/10
Fucking epic movie. You'll think it's all nonsense if you can't follow along, but the end makes everything else make sense. Also, if you know anything about tarot cards it helps, I guess. Watch it, then thank me. Lots of nudity, male and female, and some pretty disturbing scenes, so watch it only with people that can handle **** like that (or watch alone).

lol, alone. I think i learned a while back to just watch things alone if you want to really enjoy things. Very few people will watch anything.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 15, 2009, 11:47:43 PM »
****, that was supposed to be in the "last movie you watched" thread. My bad...reposting it there. Last show I watched was the Office (actually Monday Night Raw)...it was great.

Edit - and yes, BNM, that is the movie.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Online ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 21, 2009, 08:42:35 PM »
I finally caught up on Dexter

Holy ****!/10
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 22, 2009, 03:08:48 PM »
Lost Season 5. LIKE A BOSS/10

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #218 on: December 22, 2009, 06:08:37 PM »
Christmas with the Cranks: Geezus H. Christ/10

My wife rented it. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it was still pretty terrible. The one happy moment came when I found out that Jamie Lee Curtis still has a pretty kickin' bod for being in her 50's. Not quite as incredible as she looked in True Lies, but she's aged well, let's put it that way.

Otherwise, the film was a complete travesty.

EDIT: Oh, this is the TV thread. *sigh*
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 07:04:59 PM by Halbred »

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 22, 2009, 06:19:35 PM »
Paradox. The show can be best described as "Flashforward meets 24". Better still, its only 5 episodes.

The last episode really was crazy. I'm not sure what to make of it yet.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 24, 2009, 07:03:53 PM »
I just finished the 1st disc of Book 3 of Avatar: TLAB and I almost thought this show had lost most of what made it enjoyable. All of a sudden everything was all serious and and I was starting to lose interest. Then the Cave/bandana & Saka & the Sword Master episodes happened and everything was right in the world of Avatar again.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 24, 2009, 09:09:16 PM »
I just finished the 1st disc of Book 3 of Avatar: TLAB and I almost thought this show had lost most of what made it enjoyable. All of a sudden everything was all serious and and I was starting to lose interest. Then the Cave/bandana & Saka & the Sword Master episodes happened and everything was right in the world of Avatar again.

Well, first off this is the show's final season.  It has to get increasingly serious as the show builds up to its incredible finale, or it just doesn't work.  That said, I found Book 3 to be a strange beast.  Up until the halfway point of the season (Day of Black Sun - Parts 1 and 2), it literally follows a pattern of every other episode being mediocre-to-poor.  Thankfully, after Day of Black Sun, the show hits a consistent note and rides it all the way to the finale.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 24, 2009, 09:21:45 PM »
I understand that it's the finale season, it's just that in the 1st two episodes were slow and lacking of charm from the usual suspects which made think they had lost something inbetween the end of s2 and beginning s3. But it recovered nicely after that.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 27, 2009, 02:43:07 AM »
Ok, I have a bit of an oldie for you guys.  I just started really watching it for the first time since I caught random episodes of it on TV over a decade ago:

Zorro - 9/10 - This is the old Disney show from circa 1957, recently released on DVD via Disney's Limited Edition Walt Disney Treasures line.  I got both seasons of the show (39 episodes a season, mind you) and am currently working my way through the first season, and so far I love this show.  Unlike most of the Disney TV shows from back in Walt Disney's day, this show doesn't come across as corny and lame and I can easily marathon it.  I admit I'm biased with this show: this show has faults, but it does so much well that they don't bother me.  This show just has amazing production values for its time, reasonably good writing and acting, a great sense of pacing, and an incredibly catchy theme song.  The half hours just fly by, and to add even more value this show is actually pretty heavily serialized with distinct story arcs.  Only 30,000 copies of both seasons were put out there and they are a little pricey, but this show comes highly recommended.  It's over 50 years old now, but it can easily hold its own.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 03:00:13 AM by broodwars »

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #224 on: December 28, 2009, 02:59:04 PM »
Haven't watched it yet, but the first disk of Darkwing Duck came in the mail today. EXCITED!