Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

Metroid: Samus Returns 3DS

(1/8) > >>

Khushrenada:
The forums seemed to have slowed right down again today. Is everyone too busy playing this or something?  :-\

Adrock:
Metroid: Samus Returns is good. There's an over-reliance on the Melee Counter. I've died a few times because I've entered rooms without realizing it's a boss or Metroid fight so I was low on health. Not sure if bosses can be countered because I also died waiting for a counter opportunity that never came.

The graphics are not good. Okay, the graphics "good for a 3DS game." Still, it's almost 2018 and I'm getting tired of using that qualifier. Games just don't look good in 240p anymore. Metroid: Samus Returns has the same muddy textures most "realistic" 3DS games have. The character models look good though there are way too many green lights on the Varia Suit now. If/when Metroid: Samus Returns comes out on Switch, higher resolution textures would do wonders.

Honestly, I would rebuy this game on Switch if only to use a regular analog stick. The game controls as well as it can with a Circle pad, but it would greatly benefits from the Pro Controller.

I'll write more once I finish the game.

Luigi Dude:
I finally got a chance to play it for about about 2 hours and I'm loving it so far.  As a fan of action games I like the addition of the counter and the fact normal enemies are tougher now.  It's certainly a more engaging experience then previous 2D Metroids.

Mop it up:
I'm still pretty skeptical, so it'll probably be a while.

NWR_insanolord:
I'm a little bit in and really liking it. My only issue is I'm having a bit of trouble with the timing of the melee counter. It seems to really want you to press it as soon as the enemy starts its motuon, but in my mind it looks like that's too soon and then I miss. Hopefully I'm able to adjust to that soon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version