Author Topic: NWR Monster Hunter Club  (Read 480944 times)

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
Re: NWR Monster Hunter Club
« Reply #1825 on: November 12, 2010, 11:04:56 AM »
Well there is two ways to get your items back. Attack the cat and you will get back the item. If they get away the other is to visit their base. On the island it is in area 4 in the cave check the statue.

I had already learned how to get my things back, but with a half dozen aggressive creatures attacking it was tough to hit some of the Felynes before they escaped.  Once the Great Jaggi retreated, I didn't want to go dig out my stolen treasures in case that extra time allowed him to heal or recover.  (Maybe it would've been worth taking the break though.  A flash bomb and some tainted meat probably would've made things that much easier after tracking him down again.)
NNID: ejamer

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: November 12, 2010, 02:21:36 PM »
If you're prone to Felyne robbery you may want to carry some Felvine. They'll steal that but leave your more useful items alone(until you run out to steal anyway).

You can still hit them & get it back too if you want.
Mission...complete?

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: November 12, 2010, 05:16:27 PM »
They'll steal that but leave your more useful items alone(until you run out to steal anyway).

Good tip.  Will carry one or two if it's likely these guys are going to be a nuisance.

Hmm... after beating my first big monster, now I can't walk through two areas in the woods before bumping into another one.  At least it seemed easier to kill the second Great Jaggi than the first one - maybe because of experience, but more likely because I'd take enough time to gather healing resources and sharpen my blade before pursuing to the next area.

Maybe it's time to start looking at buying/upgrading weapons or armor.  Being able to kill stuff faster would be nice.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: November 12, 2010, 05:56:30 PM »
Getting something with a fire element to it will make quick work of most of the early monsters.  I think the Pico Hammer is the first available once you kill some Pico's.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: November 12, 2010, 07:30:17 PM »
Anybody hunting tonight at 11 PM EST?
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1830 on: November 12, 2010, 08:02:14 PM »
Yeah I can Kytim.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: November 12, 2010, 09:35:58 PM »
I can hunt tonight too, let me know when.
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1832 on: November 12, 2010, 10:03:37 PM »
In about one hour from this post Toruresu.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: November 12, 2010, 10:32:52 PM »
Ehh..that would be too late for me actually :/
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1834 on: November 12, 2010, 10:42:07 PM »
Would now be okay?

Edit: I'm getting on now.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 10:43:45 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1835 on: November 14, 2010, 08:38:16 PM »
Anybody want to play in 30 mins?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1836 on: November 15, 2010, 12:07:51 PM »
Well there is a new event quest up, Giant Gobul. I, Mop it up and Tak fought it. Didn't break the Lanturn.Probably a team of hammer and gun users would be best. Pellet and Crag shots would work best to get lantern.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: November 15, 2010, 12:44:19 PM »

So I've finished off the 2-star quests and have started on the 3-stars.  Still learning to wield a bowgun, but rather enjoying the change it provides.

Stepped into the City (online play) last night to see what it looked like.  Wow... this certainly isn't the usual half-baked online experience you get on Wii.  No wonder some regions are paying for the online mode.

Although unsure of exactly where to go or what to do initially, I'm figuring things out pretty quickly.  I'd be up for some online gaming towards the end of this week if you don't mind an amateur in the party - otherwise I'll post again after getting more experience.  Do you guys use WiiSpeak or keyboards to chat?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1838 on: November 15, 2010, 01:26:36 PM »
I mainly use keyboards to chat although if there is someone in the party that has Wii Speak I'll switch to that.

Yeah Japan is the only region that has to pay I believe. I think they can have 10 people to a city.

Ejamer here is the city we play together at.
Wisdom 3, Gate 27, City 5.

Oh since you went online can you post your code and username in the Monster Hunter Tri FC topic so we know who you are.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 04:43:30 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: November 15, 2010, 01:56:14 PM »
I mainly use keyboards to chat although if there is someone in the party that has Wii Speak I'll switch to that.

Yeah Japan is the only region that has to pay I believe. I think they can have 10 people to a city.

Ejammer here is the city we play together at.
Wisdom 3, Gate 27, City 5.

Oh since you went online can you post your code and username in the Monster Hunter Tri FC topic so we know who you are.

Added my code/username to the FC thread.
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=31154.msg643560#msg643560

Won't be around tonight but will look for people in that city if playing later this week.  I have only used my WiiSpeak once and wasn't thrilled with the quality (might be a config issue though), so would be open to either voice or keyboard.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: November 15, 2010, 02:06:44 PM »
It's probably not a config issue. The quality is just bad in general.  :P:

I do use it though so if you're willing to tough it out I'll have it on.

By the way, welcome to the Monster Hunter Gun Club. Maxed out my Aquamatic Spark so now I'm looking to make a better bowgun armor among other stuff I want to do online.
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1841 on: November 15, 2010, 02:28:13 PM »
What types of shots does that shoot GK?

I think once I finish my nearly all weapon status set I will work on a few gun sets. I got a tali the other day but it was one point short of having the earplugs skill.

I found a good gun set that fires all types of ammo.After that maybe an underwater gunning set. Then a set that does lots of damage as far as non elemental damage goes.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1842 on: November 15, 2010, 11:12:20 PM »
Anybody want to play?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: November 15, 2010, 11:19:37 PM »
Anybody want to play?

I want to hunt that giant Gobul, Maxi. So count me in on the hunt.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1844 on: November 15, 2010, 11:24:13 PM »
Alright I'll get on now. Usual room.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1845 on: November 16, 2010, 12:07:36 AM »

Everything except for any of the elements, Slicing, Exhaust, WyvernFire, Demon, & Sub. Doesn't have many level 3 shots but it has Craig Shots on rapid fire. It's pretty much a decent generic gun with no specific purpose. I still want that ice gun for hunting Diablos. The further away I can be from that thing & still hurt it the better.
Mission...complete?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: November 16, 2010, 12:30:23 AM »
Join us GK, room for one more!

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: November 16, 2010, 12:53:38 AM »
I appear to be having connection issues tonight but maybe it'll fix itself. On my way for a few quests.
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1848 on: November 16, 2010, 03:14:23 AM »

Everything except for any of the elements, Slicing, Exhaust, WyvernFire, Demon, & Sub. Doesn't have many level 3 shots but it has Craig Shots on rapid fire. It's pretty much a decent generic gun with no specific purpose. I still want that ice gun for hunting Diablos. The further away I can be from that thing & still hurt it the better.
Probably would make a decent status and underwater bowgun. I'll look around to see what might fit that gun.

Edit:You can go full Rhenolpolis + and gem in status attack up.It has -10 in thunder but you probably won't be around the monster to take thunder damage.This will give you  Recoil down +2,Crag shot level 1 up,Status attack up and Speed eating.

Other one is a mix of Diablos + and Lagi +. Diablos Cap+ and Guards+ while the rest is Lagi +.Tali is a 10 Percision charm. Gem in this a Fusillade jewel,Pierce Jewel +,PiercePlus Jewel +. That will give you steadyness +1, Bonus shot,Pierce S Boost, and Pierce S Level 1 up.  Probably would be a good mix as far as elemental goes.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 03:46:09 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: November 16, 2010, 04:42:25 AM »
Rapid-fire Crags would be useful if you could carry more than 18 of them, but as it is, it isn't a very ideal bowgun. There isn't one gun that can use every type of ammo so it isn't worth trying to make one. Ultimately, you'll want one gun set for each element, and one gun for status shots like sleep and paralysis (poison isn't very useful).