Author Topic: NWR Monster Hunter Club  (Read 480756 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: NWR Monster Hunter Club
« Reply #1750 on: October 06, 2010, 11:36:44 AM »
Same here. It's why I wait until the quest is over since him hitting me won't mean anything. Glad I did since before those test runs I assumed the same set I used for Alatreon would work on Deviljho too. The attack/defense & skills are right, it's just that the hammer wasn't working out like I had hoped.
I've seen Deviljho lay out many a hammer user, so I don't think it is the ideal weapon against it. Something which can block seems almost a necessity.

Yeah, came to that conclusion as well. Only downer to the weapon switch is the loss of the 3 gem slots Great Gaiarch G has though I think that only reduces Attack Up M to an S so it'll still get the job done.
The only Lances I saw with 3 weapon slots were the Doom Crown P and Millennium.
Doom Crown P probably is the better choice though if you don't have awakin as a skill. Then again you would probably have to make a lancing set since I don't think the skills you have will work with the lance aside from attack up Large.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: October 06, 2010, 02:11:23 PM »
Nah. Like I mentioned earlier, I'm going to go with the Epitaph Blade great sword. I have several lances but never upgraded them. Just can't get into lances. Yeah, I think the other skills were Critical Draw, a high Dragon resistance(forget how much at the moment), & Marathon Runner.
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1752 on: October 06, 2010, 02:14:17 PM »
That actually would work well with the Great Sword.

GK are you going to play tonight?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: October 06, 2010, 04:28:59 PM »
I need a good fire lance for my fight against Gigginox, Barioth and Lagiacrus in the offline mode, but I do not have the option to create a fire lance.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1754 on: October 06, 2010, 04:53:00 PM »
There is only 2 native fire lances without awaking.

The event fire lance and the Agnaktor lance.

The event lance is easier to make since the Agnaktor lance has to go through different paths to get to the Agnaktor lance.

Here is the path for the Agnaktor lance.

Buy the Rhenohasta, then upgrade that to the Rugged Lance,Then finally to the Spiral Heat.

Rugged Lance needs low rank Barroth parts and the Spiral Heat needs low rank Agnaktor parts.

You won't be able to upgrade it all the way until you get Agnaktor + parts.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 04:54:45 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1755 on: October 06, 2010, 08:31:42 PM »
There is only 2 native fire lances without awaking.

The event fire lance and the Agnaktor lance.

The event lance is easier to make since the Agnaktor lance has to go through different paths to get to the Agnaktor lance.

Here is the path for the Agnaktor lance.

Buy the Rhenohasta, then upgrade that to the Rugged Lance,Then finally to the Spiral Heat.

Rugged Lance needs low rank Barroth parts and the Spiral Heat needs low rank Agnaktor parts.

You won't be able to upgrade it all the way until you get Agnaktor + parts.

I repelled Lagiacrus on the offline mode today with my Red Bludgeon and I made short work of him in no time. I have a feeling the next time I fight him he is going to be a lot tougher.

As for my fire lance, all I need is a flame weapon that can dish out a lot of pain on Barioth.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1756 on: October 06, 2010, 10:46:23 PM »
I'm getting on now.Mop it up if you can lets try to finish up getting you enough tickets for that switch axe.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: October 07, 2010, 12:36:04 AM »
Wasn't planning on it but what the heck, if I see anyone online I'll stick around.
Mission...complete?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: October 07, 2010, 12:38:52 AM »
Maxi and I are in the usual room if you want to join us.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: October 07, 2010, 12:40:12 AM »
On my way.
Mission...complete?

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: October 07, 2010, 01:54:53 PM »
I just beat Gigganox on the offline mode. All I have left is to beat Great Baggi and Rathian. I can take Baggi, but I might need my upgraded Bolt Axe or a water lance to take her out.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1761 on: October 07, 2010, 02:27:37 PM »
For Rathian a thunder Switch axe is probably the best weapon.

Can you face Agnaktor yet in offline?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: October 07, 2010, 05:20:16 PM »
For Rathian a thunder Switch axe is probably the best weapon.

Can you face Agnaktor yet in offline?

No, Agnaktor is still unvailable offline. I just beat Lagiacrus for the second tme in the offline mode. I literally pounded his head in with my Red Bludgeon. Who's next?

I beat Rathian with an upgraded Ludroth lance. 

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1763 on: October 07, 2010, 05:35:18 PM »
If you need another lance to face water monsters I would recommend the Iron Lance path. It has no element so it can face pretty much everything without worrying about the monster resisting it.
You want to get to its final form Elder Babel Spear which has a big shield and it adds 24 defence points.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: October 07, 2010, 06:34:21 PM »
Online has really helped me gain a foot hold in this game. I mean thanks to playing online I was able to cut through R. Ludroth, Gobul, Barroth, Lagiacrus, Rathian, Gigganox and Great Baggi like cake. I am most likely going to take on Rathalos, Barioth and possibly Diablos soon.

Here is a list of the monsters in Monster Hunter Portable 3rd:

Confirmed MHFU monsters: Anteka, Bulldrome, Bullfango, Rathalos, Rathian, Diablos, Nargacuga and Tigrex.
Confirmed MH3 monsters: Bnahabra, Great Jaggi, Great Baggi, Qurupeco, Barroth, Gigginox, Agnaktor, Rathalos, Rathian, Royal Ludroth, Barioth, Uragaan, Diablos, Giggi, Altaroth, Delex , Rhenoplos, Jaggi, Jaggia
New monsters include:
Gagua (Bird Wyvern): An ostrich-like minion commonly found in the Mountain Stream
Aoashira (Pelagus): A blue bear monster with powerful arms
Jinouga (Fanged Wyvern): A thunder wolf wyvern who is quite agile and uses lightning to power itself up
Urukususu (Pelagus): A white rabbit-bear monster from the Tundra region who uses its belly to slide around
Dosufurogi (Bird Wyvern): Similar to the Great Jaggi, this alpha raptor uses poison stored in its neck sac.
Furogi (Bird Wyvern): The Dosufurogi equivalent of Jaggi
Black Tigrex (Flying Wyvern): A Tigrex subspecies in the volcano with a greatly upgraded roar
Zuwaroposu (Herbivore): A green rhino-like Herbivore in the Flooded Forest
Hapurubokka (Leviathan): A desert Leviathan similar to Gobul in structure.
Rangurotora (Pelagus): A volcanic Pelagus that looks like an Armadillo. Rolls and attacks with its tongue.
Barroth Subspecies (Brute Wyvern): A subspecies to the Barroth thats covered in Ice and lives in the Tundra.
Royal Ludroth Subspecies (Leviathan): A subspecies to the Royal Ludroth that is colored purple with a pink mane.
Qurupeco Subspecies (Bird Wyvern): A subspecies to the Qurupeco This subspecies has no visible thoat sac and an array of different colors.

I am sure that it would not take much effort on Capcom's part to port this over to the 3DS in time for Japan and Western release date window. It would be a day one purchase for me if it did happen.

Also, how does the online component of the series work on portables?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 07:01:56 PM by Kytim89 »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1765 on: October 13, 2010, 09:52:27 PM »
Well I'm getting on right now.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1766 on: October 18, 2010, 02:18:11 AM »
Well I finished up the Vangus armor.Got Autotracker,Sharpness +1 and Attack up Large as skills.Likely will be using with Hammer and possibly Lance.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: October 18, 2010, 02:08:10 PM »
Sounds good to me. Took down my first Deviljho over the weekend. Armor seemed to work out but it's hard to tell for sure. There was a guy in the group that considered himself the King of Support. With Wide Range +2 & speed heating he mostly stayed back & kept us constantly healed, cured of conditions, & occasionally raise attack/defense.

The guy wearing Rathian Armor with pretty much only the basic skills & Demonic Blessing gemmed off did die once despite the support guy's help though.
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1768 on: October 18, 2010, 02:23:16 PM »
Was he using the sword and shield?

I remember hunting Jho with someone with Ludroth + armor.They had constitution +2 and Divine Blessing and was using the Para lance.Think he got off 3 paras. I was using my Agnaktor + armor gemmed in Elemental attack up.I uses my Thunder lance. We 2 manned it. I think Barioth killed Jho while Jho was in one of the caves in the tundra.

Edit:I just thought up a status up set that I think will work with all the status weapons.

1 weapon slot-Earplug jewel
Agnaktor Helm+
Bhenabra suit
Agnaktor Vambraces+-Silencer Jewel
Bhenhabra Faulds +-Earplug Jewel
Agnaktor Greaves
4+ Hearing and -10 reload speed or a 3 +Hearing with one slot.

Skills-Status Attack up,Earplugs,Guard +1, Razor Sharp, and Reload Speed-1

Status Attack up is a given.Earplugs will help for all the weapons less so for s&s and Lance on everything except Giganox,Diablos,Deviljho and Elder Dragons,Guard + 1 is for the monsters that don't hit as hard,Razor sharp will help keep the sharpness up longer.Great for s&s,switchaxe,longsword.Reload speed isn't a problem since I won't be gunning with this set.

Edit 2: Won't work with the sleep lance or para hammer since they don't have slots.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 04:00:05 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: October 18, 2010, 09:21:45 PM »
Was he using the sword and shield?

I remember hunting Jho with someone with Ludroth + armor.They had constitution +2 and Divine Blessing and was using the Para lance.Think he got off 3 paras. I was using my Agnaktor + armor gemmed in Elemental attack up.I uses my Thunder lance. We 2 manned it. I think Barioth killed Jho while Jho was in one of the caves in the tundra.

Edit:I just thought up a status up set that I think will work with all the status weapons.

1 weapon slot-Earplug jewel
Agnaktor Helm+
Bhenabra suit
Agnaktor Vambraces+-Silencer Jewel
Bhenhabra Faulds +-Earplug Jewel
Agnaktor Greaves
4+ Hearing and -10 reload speed.

Skills-Status Attack up,Earplugs,Guard +1, Razor Sharp, and Reload Speed-1

Status Attack up is a given.Earplugs will help for all the weapons less so for s&s and Lance on everything except Giganox,Diablos,Deviljho and Elder Dragons,Guard + 1 is for the monsters that don't hit as hard,Razor sharp will help keep the sharpness up longer.Great for s&s,switchaxe,longsword.Reload speed isn't a problem since I won't be gunning with this set.

Edit 2: Won't work with the sleep lance or para hammer since they don't have slots.

Barioth killed Jho? How did this happen? Also, I will be on hunting at about 11 PM EST tonight. I might see if Halbred wants to join us.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1770 on: October 18, 2010, 09:33:42 PM »
I was outside of where Jho was when he got killed because I had to heal so I don't know what attack Barioth used or even if Barioth killed it.It might have been a Bhenabra for all I know. I'm going to guess that it was its leaping attack.

Last time I talked to Halbred about playing he said he was having problems connecting to Tri.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: October 18, 2010, 09:38:10 PM »
I was outside of where Jho was when he got killed because I had to heal so I don't know what attack Barioth used or even if Barioth killed it.It might have been a Bhenabra for all I know. I'm going to guess that it was its leaping attack.

Last time I talked to Halbred about playing he said he was having problems connecting to Tri.

He is an expert on dinosaurs and so I wanted to exspose him to the game in order for him to better his standing the game much in the same way that you did with me, Maxi.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1772 on: October 18, 2010, 10:53:19 PM »
Getting on now.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: October 19, 2010, 01:08:57 AM »
Hmm if those bug maws weren't such a pain to get I'd try that status armor...I have a poison longsword just sitting in my inventory. Have the material to turn it into either a second fire one or para. Just not inspired to do either.
Mission...complete?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: October 19, 2010, 03:48:29 AM »
That didn't go all that well, I guess I must be rusty. Either that, or I just forgot how quickly things can go badly. I mean really, two of those against Rathian were stuns. Stunned! What a dirty trick! And Agnaktor's always been a toughie, especially when it conceals a rolling Uragaan! Unfair!