Author Topic: NWR Monster Hunter Club  (Read 481272 times)

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
Re: NWR Monster Hunter Club
« Reply #1625 on: September 06, 2010, 08:19:55 AM »
I still can't believe how fast Gobul went down on that Flooded Forest Free for all. I was just trying to sneak in a few extra hits, didn't think running in front of him & attacking like that would actually stall his escape.
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1626 on: September 06, 2010, 06:59:19 PM »
Anybody up for some hunts tonight?
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: September 06, 2010, 10:02:36 PM »
Probably not tonight. I'd like to put some more time into Metroid Other M.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: September 07, 2010, 01:58:54 PM »
If we're meeting tonight I'll be in a little later than usual. Dober armor's done just have to mess with the jewels & finish getting Dragonbone Relics & a Wyvern Gem for my hammer. There are actually several monsters that can produce a Wyvern Gem but I've been sticking to Gigginox & Barrioth simply because I can do both tasks at once.
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1629 on: September 07, 2010, 07:13:03 PM »
What time can everybody play tonight?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: September 07, 2010, 07:23:52 PM »
I might be on tonight since it is Tuesday. What time? I don't know, we'll see how I feel. Right now I don't feel like it, but we'll see if that changes.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1631 on: September 07, 2010, 08:36:15 PM »
I'll get on at 7:30pm PST.

Edit:Getting on now.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 10:33:23 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: September 08, 2010, 01:10:21 AM »
Sorry guys, scratch me off the list for tonight. Long night at work & all has worn me out. Have fun who ever's still hunting.
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1633 on: September 08, 2010, 02:36:32 AM »
Well not many people played tonight. Myself and Rachtman were the only people that I saw.

So for now I am going to use my Barioth+ armor for hunting in the tundra. I have these skills.Cold Cancel High,Evasion up,Evasion x2, Negate sleep, and negate poison. I have a negative skill but it doesn't matter as I won't be using this in the volcano. Any skills anybody thinks this set needs in place of negate poison and sleep?
I use the Lance,switchaxe, and long sword with this.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 03:07:54 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: September 08, 2010, 05:20:13 AM »
How'd the heck did you get all that in there? I have a mix of Barioth+ & lower rank upgraded & I didn't have nearly enough slots. Some armor parts actually had no slots at all. Cold cancel(Hi) is one of mine though so yeah, I use it in the Tundra from now on as well. Saves on hot drinks & that evade bonus cuts down potion use too.
Mission...complete?

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #1635 on: September 08, 2010, 08:40:23 AM »
Well not many people played tonight. Myself and Rachtman were the only people that I saw.
Yes, sorry... but I don't think I'll be able to play Monster Hunter for the forseeable future.  My wife had our baby last Friday, and, between our two kids, I'm always about ready to drop dead by 10 pm CST.   
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1636 on: September 08, 2010, 01:22:40 PM »
Yes, sorry... but I don't think I'll be able to play Monster Hunter for the forseeable future.  My wife had our baby last Friday, and, between our two kids, I'm always about ready to drop dead by 10 pm CST.   
Well congrats on the new addition.

How'd the heck did you get all that in there? I have a mix of Barioth+ & lower rank upgraded & I didn't have nearly enough slots. Some armor parts actually had no slots at all. Cold cancel(Hi) is one of mine though so yeah, I use it in the Tundra from now on as well. Saves on hot drinks & that evade bonus cuts down potion use too.
Well I have a Talisman that has +10 in sleep on that same one it has I think +6 in poison. I just gemmed in negate poison and cold cancel high in the rest of the slots.All the rest of the skills come on the set naturally.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 01:50:16 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: September 08, 2010, 07:32:00 PM »
I was wondering where you have been, Sundoulos. It was enjoyable to play this game with you, and I wish you health and happiness with your new family member.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1638 on: September 08, 2010, 08:43:28 PM »
Anybody up to play tonight?

Edit:I'm getting on now if anybody wants to join me.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 01:07:35 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: September 11, 2010, 01:15:55 AM »
I was wondering where you have been, Sundoulos. It was enjoyable to play this game with you, and I wish you health and happiness with your new family member.
Thanks!  I really enjoyed playing with a number of people on NWR, and it encouraged me to start becoming more active on the forums.  So, if anyone out there hates me or my posts, Monster Hunter, and by proxy, several of the regular posters here are to blame.

My absence has been due to a combination of factors, really.  60 hour work weeks throughout July and August, and prepping the house for the new baby; we had to paint a room, as well as consolidating furniture and purging old junk.  I'm sorry that I haven't been around very much, but I definitely enjoyed getting to play with you guys.  Once things settle into routine, I'll try to see about coming back on; I'm already so far behind everyone else (still HR 43, I think), I wonder if it will just be a even more of a tedious grind.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 01:19:43 AM by Sundoulos »
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1640 on: September 11, 2010, 01:20:37 AM »
Well I think only 4 members are higher than you.Mop it up,me, Stratos and GK. Everybody else is below you I believe.

Does anybody want to play now?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: September 11, 2010, 06:13:45 AM »
I think I'm close to hanging my longsword for good and concluding my adventures in Tri. I got to the highest level and other than Mean Joe and Caedeus I've killed every monster in the game. And the bonus is that I now have time to revisit older games and break open some new ones I've yet to enjoy at all.

I'll probably still hop on from time to time but I'm just feeling this is the end of heavy adventuring for me. Hope to see a sequel down the road on Wii/Wii2 or 3DS.

It was a blast hunting with you all.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1642 on: September 11, 2010, 11:25:02 AM »
Thats a shame. I really enjoyed playing with you Stratos. Hope sometime we can play again together.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: September 11, 2010, 03:24:01 PM »
Stratos stole my thunder... again!

I feel similarly, except I've been like this for a few weeks now. I've completed every quest and I don't feel like there's much more to do in the game. Sure, there's still plenty of weapons and armours to create, but with nothing new to fight, it doesn't seem worth it.

I'll still join sometimes when people are playing, though. If people still get together on Tuesday, I'll definitely play then. Beyond that, it'll be a matter of what I'm feeling at the time.

I'm already so far behind everyone else (still HR 43, I think), I wonder if it will just be a even more of a tedious grind.
Like Maxi said, it doesn't matter. You're close to the point where HR rank no longer serves any purpose; you're on the lvl 5 quests and there's only one more to go after that. There are still plenty of reasons for us to play those quests; in fact, depending on which armour and weapons we're trying to make, there are reasons to play every quest lvls 4-6. As I was talking about above, the only reason I will play this game is to do so with the people here, so any time that you come back, I'd be glad to join you.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: September 14, 2010, 01:26:32 AM »
Is anyone going to be on tomorrow night (tues)?  If I go on it will be later around 10pm PST.  I'll probably be on wed. around 8-9ish.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1645 on: September 14, 2010, 01:32:52 AM »
I can go on then.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: September 14, 2010, 12:51:06 PM »
I'll probably pop on tonight.

Just played some offline & scored an Aquamatic Spark thus making me an official bowgun owner. Not the most impressive weapon in the game but it makes hunting Great Jaggi in the Mogo Woods more interesting.
Mission...complete?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: September 14, 2010, 09:24:31 PM »
I'll probably be on tonight. Maybe in a little bit. Maybe in a while. Who knows with me.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: September 14, 2010, 09:44:12 PM »
I'm heading out to dinner with the gf soon and won't be back till around 10 or so.  If anyone is still on then I'd be happy to join.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1649 on: September 14, 2010, 10:33:25 PM »
Anybody up to play now? Mop it up how about you?

Edit:I'm getting on now.
I guess I will wait for people to say they are going on.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 11:51:01 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss