Author Topic: NWR Monster Hunter Club  (Read 478093 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: NWR Monster Hunter Club
« Reply #1575 on: September 01, 2010, 09:57:22 AM »
I thought about Dober but getting Dragonbone Relics would require taking down Deviljho a few times. Thinking upper Gobul + armor charm or something may work.

Other plan would be to use my lower rank Jhen armor with Sneak & hope that dragon would be too occupied with killing my partners to ever notice me.

Didn't even notice the thunder weakness until just now. Probably because I was wearing my Lagiacrus armor(I wear a +8 Thunder charm with it) while I was looking at the specs.

Dragonbone relics you don't need to fight Deviljho you just have to have the food skill explorer and visit the tundra in HR.If you show up in the explorer area just gather in the gathering area.It will take some time but it is easy.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 12:44:24 PM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: September 01, 2010, 12:31:46 PM »
I had explorer in the Tundra before but just ended up on a ledge somewhere. Forget what I got though as I was disconnected before finishing that quest. I'll have to try it & see. I could potentially end up with a Gobul/Dober mix depending on what materials I end up with first & what I can do with them gem wise. Upper rank Lagiacrus parts have been evading me so I'm not all that confident in making much for Dober though.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 12:35:40 PM by GK »
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1577 on: September 01, 2010, 12:46:14 PM »
Some time today do you want to tackle Lagiacrus?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: September 01, 2010, 12:54:01 PM »
Sure if the advanced hunt one is open. Betting the better haul might be there because the capture one is highway robbery.
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1579 on: September 01, 2010, 12:59:23 PM »
Well around 5pm PST I have to do something but I'll be on sometime after that.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: September 01, 2010, 01:42:53 PM »
I had explorer in the Tundra before but just ended up on a ledge somewhere. Forget what I got though as I was disconnected before finishing that quest. I'll have to try it & see. I could potentially end up with a Gobul/Dober mix depending on what materials I end up with first & what I can do with them gem wise. Upper rank Lagiacrus parts have been evading me so I'm not all that confident in making much for Dober though.

There is a pile of bones on that ledge. If you gather from it you usually get about 2 relics from it.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1581 on: September 01, 2010, 02:00:08 PM »

There is a pile of bones on that ledge. If you gather from it you usually get about 2 relics from it.
Yep that is the place I'm talking about. It has to be a high rank quest though so we can fight Baggi or something or just do the gathering quest.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: September 01, 2010, 02:42:20 PM »
After class, sure. Not sure the exact time I'll be back though since I plan on making a stop or two on the way home. Probably 10-10:30pm EST at earliest
Mission...complete?

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: September 01, 2010, 04:22:55 PM »
I should be on tonight for between 5-7 and/or after 10pst.  Maybe I can finish my 4* urgent with some help.  Hope my armor holds up since I'm having trouble getting adv armor stones to upgrade it.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1584 on: September 01, 2010, 04:29:50 PM »
I should be on tonight for between 5-7 and/or after 10pst.  Maybe I can finish my 4* urgent with some help.  Hope my armor holds up since I'm having trouble getting adv armor stones to upgrade it.

The key to fighting the Rathian and Rathlos urgent is to fight one of them at a time or have 2 people go after Rathian and the other 2 to go after Rathlos. Maybe depending on what HR everybody has you can have the 2 lower HR hunters go after Rathian and the higher rank of the group go after Rathlos. I always capture los since he is the tougher of the two.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: September 01, 2010, 08:14:34 PM »
Wow! Was that the first Tuesday that nobody met up? How sad... Hopefully, I'll see some of you tonight.

The key to fighting the Rathian and Rathlos urgent is to fight one of them at a time or have 2 people go after Rathian and the other 2 to go after Rathlos.
Personally, I don't think that is a very good strategy, because it leaves them both alive for the entire quest. A better idea is to focus on one of them (usually it is Rathian since she has less health), that way you can knock one out of the equation so you aren't constently getting double-teamed when fighting Rathalos, who you really have to watch since he spews fireballs all over the place.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1586 on: September 01, 2010, 08:29:08 PM »
Actually we did play last night but someone didn't set the room up in the usual place. If you checked online you would of saw us. I was doing some solo play getting money and then Rachtman messaged me and then set up a room.Kytim joined and we did some quests. apdude joined as well.

Armak messaged me and I joined the room that he made. Then apdude and Rachtman joined. We fought Barioth but at the start of the quest Armak got disconected so we captured Barioth. Then finished Rachtman quests. Crashman showed up for a few quests. Then he left then we did Rachtman urgent with a random. It was like midnight PST once we finished.

Anyway thats why I said either focus on one with 4 people or just have maybe a mixed pair of a higher rank and a lower rank fight one. This way most of the time you can keep both of them occupied so one doesn't show up suddenly.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: September 01, 2010, 08:41:51 PM »
I guess it was too early or too late, then.

This is why the lot of you should post when you're going on, I don't want to periodically load up the game just to check.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1588 on: September 01, 2010, 09:57:28 PM »
I'm getting on now.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: September 01, 2010, 10:23:47 PM »
Yeah, I only advise splitting up when you're fighting Rathian & Rathalos comes over to help her. Even then if someone can chase one off with a dung bomb of if you're not already at the nest, head on over & lure Rathian there by picking up an egg.

Tired after a lack of sleep thanks to some jerk blasting a stereo earlier but I still got a few quests in me so I'm on my way now.
Mission...complete?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1590 on: September 01, 2010, 10:35:53 PM »
AMG I forgot Jhen Morhan + is here! I know what I'm doing all night...

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: September 02, 2010, 02:23:35 AM »
Should have done that with you guys instead of my urgent. My Rath armor worked better than I thought but I guess with only the vest & arm parts maxed the defense isn't enough to deal with everything he dishes out. Plus his stupid charge randomly locks on & changes directions with you when you move out of his path.
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1592 on: September 02, 2010, 04:20:51 AM »
I think I had 389 defense with my Ingot armor when I did my urgent.

Are you going to stick with Rathian armor or are you going to get different armor?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: September 02, 2010, 07:11:48 AM »
Different. Was only using it because it's the highest defense I have at 320-something with a +20 health boost. While protection from his one fire attack is pretty cool, his dragon-charge seemed to catch people more often.

Briefly looking at the armor list & now & thinking a Rathalos/Dober hybrid might be in order. From all the Rath & double Rath hunting I've been doing I should have many of the Rathalos parts already.
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1594 on: September 02, 2010, 09:56:26 AM »
Probably be best to get Dober greaves,coil and vambraces since those have the highest Dragon resistance of the dober armor. I think you have the los+ mail already so you can get the los + helm.

That should work.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: September 02, 2010, 08:06:15 PM »
Plus his stupid charge randomly locks on & changes directions with you when you move out of his path.
Yep! That happens. I don't know if it's lag or if it was intended, but that's why it's a dangerous move that you always have to be prepared for.

Getting a food boost that gives +40 or +50 health is ideal. The Ingot armour has +25 thunder and +10 dragon resistance, which are its two most troublesome attacks (though if we are sleep-bombing it, it will likely not fly, and therefore won't use the thunder attack). It's got -10 fire, but the fireball is fairly easy to avoid once you learn how to see it coming. You could still negate it by using decorations, a food boost, or firedouse berries.

Dragon resistance would be the most important type to have, though. Also, if you have a fully-upgraded one, use an ice or water weapon. Though a lot of people tend to use dragon weapons since they usually have the highest attack; if you have one such weapon, that would work as well.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1596 on: September 02, 2010, 11:41:59 PM »
Anybody up to hunt tonight?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: September 03, 2010, 12:02:38 AM »
I guess I could hop on for an hour or two.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: September 03, 2010, 12:12:31 AM »
Nah, have to get up early yet again.

As for my weapon of choice, it'll be a Great Gaiarch G hammer now that I know where to get Dragonbone relics. No element but with +15 affinity I'll be scoring more critical hits especially if I can gain Feyline Slugger with it. Has 3 open slots too so I should be able to do something interesting with the armor I'll eventually use.
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1599 on: September 03, 2010, 12:15:34 AM »
I'll be on shortly.
Alexis, she/her/Miss