Author Topic: NWR Monster Hunter Club  (Read 480756 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: NWR Monster Hunter Club
« Reply #1400 on: August 13, 2010, 09:50:01 PM »
I'll be getting online in like 10 minutes.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1401 on: August 14, 2010, 05:22:06 AM »
Wow fun times. Me,kytim,Mop it up and thatguy played together for a few. After thatguy and kytim left me and Mop it up tackled Rank 6 quests. I got a ice switchaxe after the 2 Barioth quest.Then we fought Aknotor and Uragaan. Only had 5 mins left when we captured Uragaan.

Now I only have 4 Rank 6 quests left.3 Deviljho quests and 1 two Diablos quest. I would like to finish the Double Diablos first.

Other than that I am working on a status up set. I have my para sword fully upgraded. Poison sword is one stage from upgrading fully.

I am going to go the route of Bhenerba+ and Akanotor+ set I now only need Akanotor+ helm and Vambraces. This will likely be my all purpose status set.

Giganox+ I might use for low rank status use also versus Giganox.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 10:15:39 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: August 14, 2010, 02:17:59 PM »
I want to complete my Rathalos, Barroth and Lagiacrus armor sets and fully upgrade them. I have the Thunder Clap long sword, but the Bolt Axe seems too cool to pass up. I also bought a flame long sword last night and I hope it gives me better flexibility against Lagiacrus.

One question, my Lagiacrus armor does  not provide adequate defense against Lagi. Is it because it is not complete? It is not fully upgraded yet and my barroth armor provides better defense.

What would have made this game even better is if it had, for example, allowed the Lagiacrus armor to conduct electricity on its own similar to the how Lagi does in battle. The same would for the Rathalos and other armors.

I want to start planning a viable defense/offense against Diablos and Uragaan. Those two are the ones that I am having the most trouble with right now. I have a feeling that a good lance is the key to beating these guys.

I do like the Rathaian and Diablos armor and might look into getting those after my first three are complete.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1403 on: August 14, 2010, 02:41:05 PM »
Yes I just finished my Bhenebra+ and Agnator+ status set. I need to gem out the double poison and maybe add some other skill. Maybe Attack up small.

It has no numbers that are -10 highest is -8 for water. Dragon is 18.

Well Kytim the more you upgrade your armor the better its defense gets. Since you maxed out you Barroth armor it is going to have greater defense than one not fully upgraded.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 02:44:30 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: August 14, 2010, 06:05:18 PM »
Armor and their speciel abilities:

Rathalos Armor: Channel flames through the armor and then fire a concentrated fire ball towards the enemy.

Lagiacrus armor: Surge with electrical energy to shock nearby opponents.

Barroth Arnor: Sling mud onto nearby enemies.

Diablos Armor: Burrow through the ground.

Uragann Armor: Wade through lava.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: August 14, 2010, 10:03:12 PM »
1 two Diablos quest. I would like to finish the Double Diablos first.
Ah good, that's the only one that I have left, so we can knock it out together.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1406 on: August 14, 2010, 11:16:45 PM »
I wonder if you are still around?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: August 15, 2010, 03:04:12 PM »
I almost at HR 30. I am ranked 28 currently.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: August 15, 2010, 09:13:26 PM »
I'm here in a room with Toruresu if anyone wants to join.

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: August 15, 2010, 09:20:16 PM »
Heck yeah! I'm back and worse than ever!
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1410 on: August 16, 2010, 12:14:37 AM »
Kytim I need to eat and maybe I will be back on in 1 hour.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1411 on: August 16, 2010, 12:52:05 AM »
I'm getting back on now.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: August 16, 2010, 02:16:46 AM »
Do you want to tackle the double Diablos hunt?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: August 16, 2010, 04:59:11 AM »
Heck yeah! I'm back and worse than ever!

ZOMG! You're back! Yay! Very happy to see you returned. Will you be playing with us on Tuesday?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1414 on: August 16, 2010, 05:39:31 AM »
I think I have all the status sword and shields now.Para,Poison and sleep fully upgraded. I got 2 Bird Wyvern gems with Mop it up,GK, and apdude. Then she had to go. Then I checked for a HR Baggi room and got 2 more.Then everybody left and I got my last one in a Jaggi room.

I figured since I was on a roll with getting gems I might as well keep going till I got enough.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 05:47:31 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: August 16, 2010, 10:02:38 AM »
Those last few hunts had a bit of a handicap for me when the game stopped displaying light effects. Had to guess when my hammer was fully charged during the missions where I used it. But since we have an all status guy among us now it was worth it in the end.
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1416 on: August 16, 2010, 10:17:06 AM »
Yeah I kinda noticed that not many in our club had status weapons other than the Para hammer. So I wanted to focus on those.
I also saw something on Gamefaqs about what weapon is best at and that status is the sword and shields forte.

I checked the wiki and the Long Sword has a para LS but it only is avalable to awaking users. Don't have Laggi armor yet but I'm thinking Laggi armor would work better with the elemental Long swords.

I've been thinking of maybe getting a sleep lance. Worth it or not?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: August 16, 2010, 11:43:45 AM »
I can understand why the sword & shield would work best for status. Fast attacks mean a higher chance that one of those hits will cause a status change in whatever you're attacking. Even if you can't hit something hard, poisoning it will take a good amount of damage & if it gets paralyzed or put to sleep that leaves it wide open for everyone.

Yeah, I'm sure you've seen me use my fire long sword with Lagi armor more than once. Love that extra elemental punch. Keep those status weapons away from it through.

I'd say get that lance if you don't have any other priorities in the way. I have a number of side projects that I don't really need but think they would be neat additions to my inventory. Like upgrading my Mohran armor that has Sneak & Capture Guru to upper rank levels. Also discovered that I have a talisman that adds +10 snowball/mud protection. I have to register a set with that sometime...
Mission...complete?

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: August 16, 2010, 12:11:31 PM »
i've got the parasword and shield but I need Gobul + to max it out.  Since my low rank Lagi armor is pretty much worthless in High rank right now I'll probably go back to a status sword insead of elemental.  Too bad I don't have a status armor set yet.  Oh well.  Thanks everyone for helping me farm some + armor so I won't be chugging potions everytime I get hit. 

On a side note.  Should I gem up attack small to attack medium or gem in gormand (not sure what that does)?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1419 on: August 16, 2010, 12:26:31 PM »
Gormand I think makes any stamina increasing item heal more stamina. I think it doubles it. So Rations and steaks will heal more stamina. I would go with Attack up M.

As for status armor Bhenebra+ and Giganox+ armor has Status attack up. You can also gem in the status skill to get Status attack up.I gemmed in status attack up into the Jaggi+ armor until I had my current status set.

GK I probably should work on my Thunder Lance since I have to fight Deviljho soon. I almost have it upgraded fully.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 12:29:08 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: August 16, 2010, 01:00:58 PM »
Is Thunder Deviljho's weakness? Man, I really have to get on that upper rank Lagiacrus. The cap one is always there but kill version comes & goes annoyingly. Just need to upgrade the helmet once more to bring it to +levels & I still have my Lagi Great Sword that has a ways to go.
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1421 on: August 16, 2010, 01:05:53 PM »
Deviljho has 2 weaknesses.Dragon and Thunder.Dragon is more effective but at the moment I don't have any Dragon Lances.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: August 16, 2010, 01:43:22 PM »
Ahh. I have a Dragon Switch-axe though to be honest I prefer the Great Sword for its charge attack & ability to block. Plus I've noticed that switch-axes seem to lose their sharpness faster than great swords.
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1423 on: August 16, 2010, 10:32:03 PM »
Is anybody going to play tonight?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: August 16, 2010, 11:00:22 PM »
Are you up for tackling the double Diablos hunt? Once we're done with that, we can fight Deviljho.

Also, wearing the Vangis armour I've been clobbered enough to know that Deviljho is equally weak to both Thunder and Dragon, so use whichever weapon you have with the higher element.

I checked the wiki and the Long Sword has a para LS but it only is avalable to awaking users. Don't have Laggi armor yet but I'm thinking Laggi armor would work better with the elemental Long swords.
It isn't worth it unless you can gem in Awaken. The Lagiacrus armour has Status Attack Down, and although you could cancel it out easily enough, with the available slots there's no way to make it become Status Attack Up.

Plus I've noticed that switch-axes seem to lose their sharpness faster than great swords.
Technically they don't, but it feels that way. Weapons lose sharpness after a certain amount of hits, so the quicker weapons that attack more often will need sharpening sooner. This is why the knife will lose its sharpness quickly and the great sword and hammer will take a while.