Author Topic: NWR Monster Hunter Club  (Read 478015 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: NWR Monster Hunter Club
« Reply #1250 on: August 03, 2010, 04:57:58 PM »
I think that is 7pm for me and I think I can play then.

Edit:Getting on now.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 09:58:57 PM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: August 04, 2010, 02:02:33 AM »
Had another 2-man hunt tonight but this one was much more fun as the guy was obviously a skilled hunter just unluckily died all 3 times. This time it was Uraagon which actually I thought we could have won if not for Deviljho scoring the final kill on my partner. 
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1252 on: August 04, 2010, 02:58:42 AM »
When Deviljho shows up I paintball it then I run to another area till at least one leaves the area.  Deviljho isn't fun to fight.

Oh Kytim, Machilite ore can be found on the deserted island,sandy plains, and flooded forest.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 04:23:23 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: August 04, 2010, 07:22:01 AM »
Yeah, I've seen a few people paint ball him. I think my partner died trying to make a run for it as I went back the way we came & he ran in another direction.

The whole thing wasn't a total waste of potions though. Got a free Gaiasp from a shard & did some mining before the fight started.
Mission...complete?

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: August 04, 2010, 12:35:13 PM »
I have already made it to Hunter Rank fifteen. I have a capture Rathian mission and a few egg collecting missions left in my Level 2 set of quests. The next urgent mission that will put me in Level 3 is a Lagiacrus hunt. I really want to fight this guy and onece he become available, I want to hunt him regularly to build the Lagiacrus armor. Like Gobul and R. Ludroth, I need to fight him on  land and not the water for my peco hammer to be effective against him in the battle. Also, I need five machelite ores to build a gobul long sword that has paralysis as an elemental attack. I also nearly have the entire Barroth armor set, but I have Rathian waist armor. I need armor sphere pluses to upgrade my armor further, which means I have to fight in the volcano.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #1255 on: August 04, 2010, 12:45:14 PM »
Had a good time hunting with Maxi, Sun, and Kytim last night.  Good teamwork, too, guys!  I think I'm really starting to come to form as a lancer.  Fun weapon class.

So close to completing a Rathian armor set.  Just a few more carves! Also getting close to my next lance, too.  Excited about that.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: August 04, 2010, 01:04:20 PM »
Ahh so you were the 4th guy? Saw that I was the odd man out again & was curious who was there.
Mission...complete?

Offline Sarail

• View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #1257 on: August 04, 2010, 02:52:09 PM »
Heh, yep.  I apologize for taking your spot...if I did. I've just been having a lot more time as of late to play games... and playing them I am. :) It was really fun to get online with a couple of the guys from the forum and hunt some monsters.  Good times.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1258 on: August 04, 2010, 03:04:36 PM »
I saw you online GK and was sending you messages when we were down to 3 when Sundolos left but you were on a quest.

I got a new water hammer and a poison sword and shield. I managed to poison one of the two Royal Ludroth in that event quest. Need to fight low Rank Giganox more for poison sacs to upgrade it.

I managed to break Barroth's head with it with a well timed super pound.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: August 04, 2010, 03:37:09 PM »
I just made it to hunter rank 15 and now I have a Gobul long sword that has a paralysis elemental attack. A few more hunts and missons tonight and I should be able upgrade my rank to level three. The urgent quest to finish level 2 is a Lagiacrus hunt. Are you up for it, Maxi?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1260 on: August 04, 2010, 03:45:12 PM »
I will use my Ingot+ armor.Has very high resistance to thunder. I'll either bring my Elder Babel Spear Lance or my fire longsword.Depends if I want to be more mobile or defensive. In either case I will go after the tail.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: August 04, 2010, 04:29:19 PM »
I will use my Ingot+ armor.Has very high resistance to thunder. I'll either bring my Elder Babel Spear Lance or my fire longsword.Depends if I want to be more mobile or defensive. In either case I will go after the tail.

I will go after Lagi's chest with my peco hammer and try to avoid fighting him in the water the best that I can and let you and whoever else(Rachtman) to lure him back onto land. If that is okay with all of you? How would my Barroth armor stand against Lagi?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1262 on: August 04, 2010, 05:31:42 PM »
How much is it upgraded your Barroth armor?

As far as waiting for it to get back on land I think if you switch to your para long sword you will have better mobility and can fight with us.

I remember fighting my Rank 2 urgent and I used the para hammer and I did ok other than carting once I think. I had Royal Ludroth armor which isn't the best choice for Lagi. The only way you are going to get better at underwater fighting is just to do it.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: August 04, 2010, 05:45:05 PM »
How much is it upgraded your Barroth armor?

As far as waiting for it to get back on land I think if you switch to your para long sword you will have better mobility and can fight with us.

I remember fighting my Rank 2 urgent and I used the para hammer and I did ok other than carting once I think. I had Royal Ludroth armor which isn't the best choice for Lagi. The only way you are going to get better at underwater fighting is just to do it.

The actual Barroth armor needs an advanced armor sphere to advance its defense. All the other parts need a regular armor sphere plus. Basically, they are all in the range of 17 to 21 in defense.

I would like to use traps on the Lagi fight. Pit fall and shock traps are a given. I have plenty of ivy and trap tools. What ever you can muster on your own, I will give my supplies to you so that you can develope them for the fight.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 05:48:58 PM by Kytim89 »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1264 on: August 04, 2010, 06:21:47 PM »
You also need spiderwebs for the pitfall trap. Combine ivy and spiderwebs to make net then combine net with traptool to make pitfall trap.
Thunderbugs combined with traptool make shock trap.

Spiderwebs can be gathered on the deserted island.

Hmm you probably need to put in some more defence into it for the fight.If you can gem in some defence gems into the armor. That can be a temporary fix till you can upgrade it. Also get the full Barroth armor. All the skills aren't active unless you have full armor also the resistance isn't as good as it can be if you don't have all the parts.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: August 04, 2010, 06:25:44 PM »
You also need spiderwebs for the pitfall trap. Combine ivy and spiderwebs to make net then combine net with traptool to make pitfall trap.
Thunderbugs combined with traptool make shock trap.

Spiderwebs can be gathered on the deserted island.

Hmm you probably need to put in some more defence into it for the fight.If you can gem in some defence gems into the armor. That can be a temporary fix till you can upgrade it. Also get the full Barroth armor. All the skills aren't active unless you have full armor also the resistance isn't as good as it can be if you don't have all the parts.

I need the waist armor, which means we will have to hunt another Barroth. I could use the points to upgrade my HR rank. I am already at fifteen HR rank.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: August 04, 2010, 06:46:20 PM »
I'm gonna make my great return to MH tonight. So I can help out some as well. Plus someone doesn't have to be out in the cold if 4 show up again.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1267 on: August 04, 2010, 08:11:04 PM »
I'm gonna make my great return to MH tonight. So I can help out some as well. Plus someone doesn't have to be out in the cold if 4 show up again.
That deserves some applause.

What time are we hunting tonight?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: August 04, 2010, 08:13:43 PM »
Probably later. I have to start my great weekly (and oft delayed) cleanup. My gf is probably going to call me for her lunch break at work and that happens between 7-9. So for sure after that.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: August 04, 2010, 09:14:46 PM »
I will be on at around 10 PM EST tonight. Look forward to hunting with all of you.

Offline Sarail

• View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #1270 on: August 04, 2010, 11:02:11 PM »
Awww... shoot.  I'll go ahead and log on. :)
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: August 04, 2010, 11:41:31 PM »
I need to capture a Rathian, finish a two more quests and then face the urgent quest for LV 2. I am already at HR 16 and need some co-op hunts to raise it to 17 and get the urgent quest.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1272 on: August 04, 2010, 11:51:41 PM »
I'm getting on now.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: August 05, 2010, 12:12:11 AM »
Heh, yep.  I apologize for taking your spot...if I did. I've just been having a lot more time as of late to play games... and playing them I am. :) It was really fun to get online with a couple of the guys from the forum and hunt some monsters.  Good times.

You didn't, you 4 were hooked up before I even came online. Even if you did, don't apologize for Capcom for not allowing more people in one town at a time.

It's cool Maxi. Was busy with the quest I mentioned above among a few others. Would have stuck around longer but my remote needed a charge anyways.
Mission...complete?

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: August 05, 2010, 12:25:17 AM »
Maxi, Kytim and I are on in the usual place if anyone wants to join us.
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost