Author Topic: NWR Monster Hunter Club  (Read 482092 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: NWR Monster Hunter Club
« Reply #1225 on: August 01, 2010, 06:25:44 AM »
Wow, I got called in on both of my days off. No hunting for me this weekend. And I'll be going to Portland all day Tuesday so it looks like I'll be out for a while more. At least I'm getting a lot of over time.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1226 on: August 01, 2010, 02:54:46 PM »
Yeah I was wondering what happened.I'll be on in a hour or so.I have some things I need to do.

Edit:Getting on now.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 03:54:08 PM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: August 01, 2010, 04:31:15 PM »
How well does Barroth armor stand up against R. Ludroth, Gobul, Lagiacrus, Rathian and Barroth?
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: August 01, 2010, 04:37:58 PM »
Let's see, Barrath Armour has -15 ice and +15 thunder. So it'd be pretty average against all of those except Lagiacrus, as none of them use ice attacks. Only Lagiacrus uses thunder attacks, so it would be good to have against it.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1229 on: August 01, 2010, 06:24:18 PM »
Kytim if you want to play still let me know.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: August 01, 2010, 08:40:25 PM »
Kytim if you want to play still let me know.

I'll be on tonight arounf 10 PM EST.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1231 on: August 01, 2010, 09:55:56 PM »
Getting on now.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: August 02, 2010, 01:09:57 PM »
I want the entire set of Barroth armor. I also need one flint and one flame sac to upgrade my hammer's fire element to 350. I am also going to restock as many healing and trap items before I take on Royal Ludroth on my own on offline mode. Maxi, the flame sac means that we will have to hunt a Ratholos or Rathian, and I would prefer to do that with two more hunters.

How would my flame hammer work against R. Ludroth, Gobul, Gigginox and Lagiacrus?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1233 on: August 02, 2010, 01:32:28 PM »
They are all weak to fire so it should work.
With the hammer you can't cut any tails or something like that.
For Royal Ludroth you want to keep your sharpness up so your hammer doesn't bounce of the spounge.

Gobul you will have to work on its head and watch and see if its body gets bigger and try not to hit its body then.
Gigganox it works well but since you have to be close to it you have to watch for its poison attacks and not hit it constantly or you will be poisoned. It can also have many ways to stall you when poisoned. Jump on the ceiling and do its roar.

For Laggi you have to try to try to set up your hammer attacks earlier since it moves quickly. under belly and back are your targets.

Rathlos and Rathian have good resistance to fire so your hammer isn't going to do much. Dragon and thunder are its weakness. Switch axes work well for both. Especially at cutting their tails.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: August 02, 2010, 03:46:14 PM »
They are all weak to fire so it should work.
With the hammer you can't cut any tails or something like that.
For Royal Ludroth you want to keep your sharpness up so your hammer doesn't bounce of the spounge.

Gobul you will have to work on its head and watch and see if its body gets bigger and try not to hit its body then.
Gigganox it works well but since you have to be close to it you have to watch for its poison attacks and not hit it constantly or you will be poisoned. It can also have many ways to stall you when poisoned. Jump on the ceiling and do its roar.

For Laggi you have to try to try to set up your hammer attacks earlier since it moves quickly. under belly and back are your targets.

Rathlos and Rathian have good resistance to fire so your hammer isn't going to do much. Dragon and thunder are its weakness. Switch axes work well for both. Especially at cutting their tails.

When we were hunting the Great Baggi the other night, I ran into the Gigginox, but it was more like an ambush. I was using the hunter's armor and one single attack moved my health from maximum to nearly depleted.

I would like to hunt the Royal Ludroth online tonight and maybe the Quropeco again too to get a flint stone. I would also like to hunt a Rathian as well, but with two more people. Laslty, I want to complete my Barroth armor set before I try to beat the monsters on offline mode. I need to be strong enough to beat Gobul on my own.

Also, long swords are not available to me. I would not mind getting one though. Possibly flame based for mobilities sake because the hammer I am using is good, but it slows me down against faster enemies. This is why I was having trouble with Barroth last night. 

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1235 on: August 02, 2010, 04:51:01 PM »
With faster enemys it is possible to get in hammer strikes you just have to get their pattern down and movement down so you can be in position to hit them with super pounds. Oh super pounds are used by holding down R till you get a full charge, stop moving then releasing R. If you keep moving and release R you will get the spin attack.

I think we should work on getting your armor done first.Then tackle Royal Ludroth and co.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: August 02, 2010, 06:57:56 PM »
I just beat Royal Ludroth on the offline mode by myself using my armor and hammer.

I have plenty of frogs for the Gobul hunt.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 07:33:01 PM by Kytim89 »

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: August 02, 2010, 07:38:19 PM »
I wouldn't recommend using a hammer in underwater battles... I at least know it always gives me trouble. Dodging seems so slow underwater, and the monster can come at you from so many different angles. At least, prepare to take a beating if you use one underwater.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: August 02, 2010, 07:48:02 PM »
I wouldn't recommend using a hammer in underwater battles... I at least know it always gives me trouble. Dodging seems so slow underwater, and the monster can come at you from so many different angles. At least, prepare to take a beating if you use one underwater.

I lured R. Ludroth onto land and beat the stink off of him with my hammer. I might look into getting a fire switch axe or something. I made short work of Peco today as well.

Link vs Gobul. Who would win?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 07:49:41 PM by Kytim89 »

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: August 03, 2010, 12:27:22 AM »

Indeed. I used to use Plume Flint on Royal Ludroth before I got my hands on a fire longsword & upgraded the hammer towards paralysis. I've taken more than my fair share of hits while under water. It's a tad safer to strike at the mane or position yourself to hit at the head from the side. From there you can try & dash-swim away if he decides to turn & face you.
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1240 on: August 03, 2010, 03:33:26 AM »
Earlier today I was playing the Hot Deal event quest and I tell ya it was a close finish.

We I think captured the first Akanotor then I think I died making it 2 deaths for the quest. I was asked to wait at base while the 3 Great Sword users weakened down the second Akanotor. I transported them some Ration,Cool Drinks and First Aid-Meds. Then there was like 5 mins left and I was asked to get close to them so I can carve. There was like 2 mins left when I got near them and gave them some Cool Drinks.Akanotor was in area 10 so we rushed to there. The plan was that the 3 were going to do their 3 stage charge attack at the same time but it didn't work that way. Now there was like 1 min left and Ankotor was underground and we were worrying.It surfaced with 30 seconds left and we managed to beat it in time.
I got enough tickets for the Sinister Saint Switch axe but need 1 wyvern stone.

Oh you can get the tickets if you beat one than end via subquest.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 03:35:16 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: August 03, 2010, 10:17:25 AM »
That's cool that you agreed to hold back like that.

Was with a guy that wanted to do Gigginox RX with just me with him. I assumed he knew what he was doing since he was ready to go with just the two of us. Dude came & died 3 times over. What a waste of potions & an antidote...
Mission...complete?

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: August 03, 2010, 12:37:18 PM »
I was one of those guys who got killed a whole lot, bit I am improving since I upgraded my weapons and armor. I can not handle Rathian/Rathalos at all though. Gobul is still a little tough, too.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1243 on: August 03, 2010, 01:35:20 PM »
Giganox can be a problem if you aren't prepared.I guess you could say that for every monster though. Thats usually why I take so long to get ready. Each Monster has different things you need to worry about.

Yeah with Rathian you need to attack when they give you a chance to.Also with certain weapons you can only do so many hits on them before you have to get out of there.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 01:38:02 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: August 03, 2010, 01:39:03 PM »
It takes time & the right gear. Everyone dies early on but after a while, once you buy more armor & weapons those same monsters won't seem as tough. Have to admit, I'm still not a fan of fighting Gobul. He's worse than R. Ludroth underwater in my opinion & is more prone to go in the water. At least Lagiacrus often goes from water to land, making the fight easier as it goes on.
Mission...complete?

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: August 03, 2010, 01:43:11 PM »
Giganox can be a problem if you aren't prepared.I guess you could say that for every monster though. Thats usually why I take so long to get ready. Each Monster has different things you need to worry about.

I hear that though recently I've ran into impatient hunters that would actually give a 5 second countdown then start the quest without you if you're taking "too long" getting your items ready. Did it once & left a guy behind & in the following quest I rushed & forgot something(hot or cold drink, I forget). After that I left town.
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1246 on: August 03, 2010, 01:54:07 PM »
That is selfish of them. Were they super high rank and think they could beat it without you or something?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: August 03, 2010, 02:00:34 PM »
That is selfish of them. Were they super high rank and think they could beat it without you or something?

Nah. I tend to avoid towns where the levels are unbalanced like that. Avoids them having to pick lower level quests than they need to cater to me & avoids me feeling like a 3rd wheel.
Mission...complete?

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #1248 on: August 03, 2010, 03:02:19 PM »
Hey guys, I know I will definitely be playing tonight around 9pm central time. Hope to bust up some Rathian arse, too! :P
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: August 03, 2010, 04:10:16 PM »
Hey guys, I know I will definitely be playing tonight around 9pm central time. Hope to bust up some Rathian arse, too! :P:

I will on about that time myself, so count me in your hunt. Maxi, will you be on tonight?