Author Topic: NWR Monster Hunter Club  (Read 481770 times)

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
Re: NWR Monster Hunter Club
« Reply #600 on: May 19, 2010, 04:47:12 PM »
I clearly missed out last night. I am sad! On the other hand, I don't feel like I can actually join and contribute to the mission until I at least slay that Great Jaggi. I mean, sheesh, you know?
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: May 19, 2010, 07:23:31 PM »
I clearly missed out last night. I am sad! On the other hand, I don't feel like I can actually join and contribute to the mission until I at least slay that Great Jaggi. I mean, sheesh, you know?

Even coming along to chat is fine by me. Sometimes I wander off to grab a few things before fighting anyway so it's not a big deal to me if you can't contribute much.

And for anyone left on the outside alone, don't hesitate to message me. If I'm in a full room and there is one left out alone I'm fine migrating to you so you can play as well. I'm cool with that for fellow NWR-folk.

Just don't start randomly demanding I warp to you for no reason. I had that happen with a random guy whose friend request I accepted. I've never played with him since but when I've joined his city he's not acknowledged me and then he sent a message last night saying 'Warp to me' and a second saying 'now'. Don't know about you, but I think it's rather rude to act like that. I originally friend-ed him because I thought he was an NWR person but I guess he was just a random guy who showed up.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: May 19, 2010, 10:44:21 PM »
Guess I got there too early last night.
What time did you check for people? It seems most of us do play kind of late.

Just don't start randomly demanding I warp to you for no reason. I had that happen with a random guy whose friend request I accepted. I've never played with him since but when I've joined his city he's not acknowledged me and then he sent a message last night saying 'Warp to me' and a second saying 'now'. Don't know about you, but I think it's rather rude to act like that. I originally friend-ed him because I thought he was an NWR person but I guess he was just a random guy who showed up.
Are you talking about ELI? I thought he was someone from WiiAreDeep, but it turns out he's just a random 12-year-old. I've blocked him, and I suggest you do the same if you hear from him again.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: May 20, 2010, 04:46:19 AM »
Really? Was Wario also a random 12 year old? Because Wario came first and then Eli followed him.

I was already thinking about removing him from my friends list before the whole message spamming.

You on tonight, Mop it up?
My Game Collection

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: May 20, 2010, 10:21:29 AM »
Sorry about leaving you hanging early this morning Mop it up. I was only on really to add the hunter I was with to my friend list then head to bed.

Would have told you but you were on a quest & couldn't accept messages.
Mission...complete?

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: May 20, 2010, 01:03:08 PM »
Guess I got there too early last night.
What time did you check for people? It seems most of us do play kind of late.

I want to say it was around 6:30 Pacific, maybe closer to 7.  No harm done though.

Offline Seacor

• View Profile
« Reply #606 on: May 20, 2010, 01:41:30 PM »
Everyone should turn on lobby chat which is found in the online options (it's off by default).  You will then be able to see players enter and leave the city, and view city chat.

I haven't tested this as I don't have a keyboard, but apparently you can use TAB to whisper people in the lobby. If you don't have a keyboard, you can use ZR on the classic controller.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 01:43:40 PM by Seacor »
"Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die."

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: May 20, 2010, 04:59:51 PM »
Can you participate in City Chat when you are on the hunt, then? Or does it only go one way?
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: May 20, 2010, 10:38:07 PM »
With Lobby Chat, only other people who have Lobby Chat enabled can see what you type/hear you. If, say, you are on a quest, and both Maxi and I are waiting in the Lobby. I have Lobby Chat on, Maxi doesn't. I can see/hear anything you type/say, and Maxi cannot. However, you would still be able to see anything Maxi might type, even though he couldn't see what you type. Though you wouldn't be able to speak to him, or hear him.

I haven't tested this as I don't have a keyboard, but apparently you can use TAB to whisper people in the lobby. If you don't have a keyboard, you can use ZR on the classic controller.
That works with a keyboard, but I didn't know which button did it without a keyboard. You use it to chat with a specific player, where only they can see what you type.

Speaking of, here's the colour-code for the chat:

White: everyone can see it
Yellow: private chat message
Green: someone in the lobby
Blue: automatic message

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: May 21, 2010, 03:12:19 AM »
Anyone up and playing? I'm about to play.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: May 21, 2010, 03:26:50 AM »
Thatguy and I are on if you'd like to join.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: May 21, 2010, 03:33:34 AM »
Sure! Plus now I feel a little less like a drag since I can do level 3 quests...though I end up dragging because of the difficulty of some of them. :P

Hopping on now.
My Game Collection

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #612 on: May 21, 2010, 12:48:34 PM »
I'm huntin' Barroth today and there's that one where you swim in yr skivvies. I'm playing right now if anyone wants in.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: May 21, 2010, 02:49:22 PM »
Gotta hunt Barroth a few more times myself. His armor is looking like my best bet for my upcoming bouts with Lagiacus. Also on offline there's a quest where you have to slay a Barroth & Great Jaggi. Hopefully they won't cross paths like that double Barroth fiasco.
Mission...complete?

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: May 21, 2010, 02:52:06 PM »
That Barroth GK and I hunted last night just wouldn't die.   :@   I need more Barroth hunts myself, because I'd like to finish up my armor and upgrade my switch axe.
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: May 21, 2010, 04:55:48 PM »
Yeah, it was drooling for a while but at one point stopped. Think we wasted too much time when it moved. Neither one of us brought the paintballs so we couldn't track him.

I'm starting to get the hang of a Great Sword I made when I was bored. Glad I never sold all of those spare Jaggi/Great Jaggi parts I never used for his armor because the Chieftain's Great Sword is insane strong for something made out of mostly early monster parts. Sad part is that it's almost useless against Barroth because the damn thing moves around so much that I hardly ever hit it. Not to mention how slow I walk while the weapon is drawn...
Mission...complete?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: May 21, 2010, 05:05:05 PM »
I should be available later tonight to help you guys fight Barroth. I don't have much of an issue with him anymore.

Perhaps after 5PM PST I'll be able to come on.
My Game Collection

Offline Sundoulos

• View Profile
« Reply #617 on: May 21, 2010, 06:39:27 PM »
I won't be able to get on until 9 PM PST, most likely.  I live in the Central Time zone, and I normally wait until my wife and kid go to bed to do any gaming.  I'll look for you guys later, though.
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: May 21, 2010, 07:27:04 PM »
I probably won't be on much tonight though if we catch each other, thanks it advance. Think I'll pack some Demon Drugs next time if I have any stuff to make more. Been slacking on my offline resource gathering & my wallet has been paying for it.
Mission...complete?

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: May 21, 2010, 11:48:50 PM »
I won't be able to get on until 9 PM PST, most likely.  I live in the Central Time zone, and I normally wait until my wife and kid go to bed to do any gaming.  I'll look for you guys later, though.

I'll be going online in a bit, if you'd still like some help with Barroth.   Look for the name "Lara," or I'll find you.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: May 22, 2010, 12:16:21 AM »
Anyone on? I'm at Wisdom 3, Gate 27, City 5 like we usually meet. Come join me there. Then we can at least get on each others friend list.
My Game Collection

Offline Sundoulos

• View Profile
« Reply #621 on: May 22, 2010, 12:32:28 AM »
I'll be heading online shortly.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: May 22, 2010, 12:33:29 AM »
I'll be hopping on in a bit.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: May 23, 2010, 05:25:31 AM »
Anyone down with playing tomorrow night? I worked tonight so I could get tomorrow off for a wedding but that will be over before nightfall.
My Game Collection

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: May 23, 2010, 09:08:58 AM »
If I show it'll be after midnight again.
Mission...complete?