Author Topic: NWR Monster Hunter Club  (Read 481373 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: NWR Monster Hunter Club
« Reply #425 on: May 04, 2010, 11:01:25 PM »
That's why you should have taken us, it'd have gone much faster.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 04, 2010, 11:05:01 PM »
It just can get very lonely.

Though I've gotten quite adept at 'living off the land'.

I have got to start taking those combo books with me when I go resource gathering. I never even thought about this. I just haul the goods back home & make everything there before I leave for a mission.

I thought you only had to own the books? I just keep them in my box and I have never had a combo fail on me but once. I own up to volume 4 of them.

I didn't see the point of subjecting you guys to my mushroom gathering.  Which takes FOREVER with one person, by the way.

Dude, I waste hours in single player gathering all sorts of resources. I get my internet back tomorrow and I got work off so I will go with you on any and all of the noob quests if you are available tomorrow. Besides, I skipped a number of those quests online myself in favor of Big Jaggi and Ludroth hunts so I still have to bore through a number of them myself.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 04, 2010, 11:09:09 PM »
...So you came online to play online with other people to play by yourself?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 04, 2010, 11:13:52 PM »
...So you came online to play online with other people to play by yourself?

He's like the guy at every LAN party I've ever been at that insists on playing StarCraft, Diablo or something else in singleplayer mode instead of joining the group. This person will even migrate to the resident XBox and both insist on playing Gauntlet or Halo alone and not let another person who doesn't have a PC there use his to play a group game with anyone else...  LOL
My Game Collection

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 05, 2010, 12:13:20 AM »
We wound up with 5 players, so I'm making an overflow in City 6.

Edit:  If possible, two or three more players would be perfect for everyone.

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 05, 2010, 12:23:24 AM »
Nah, I misunderstood what it was saying at the gate.  I thought it was complaining about having 3/4 players instead of 4/4, so I just clicked "OK" not realizing that it only took me in.

After Seacor and I were waiting for Armak, I had to go to bed.  Good times though!  We took out the Great Jaggi event quest.
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 05, 2010, 12:39:00 AM »
Present.
Mission...complete?

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 05, 2010, 12:42:34 AM »
Our room filled up with WiiAreDeep folk, too bad!

Offline Seacor

• View Profile
« Reply #433 on: May 05, 2010, 01:00:57 AM »
After Seacor and I were waiting for Armak, I had to go to bed.  Good times though!  We took out the Great Jaggi event quest.
I wasn't sure what was going on.  I joined the last quest you picked, but I didn't ring in quick enough before you departed.  You then abandoned the quest, so I thought you were going to start it up again, but Armak didn't come back.  So, I then warped over to thatguy and damsel to see if we could get the Royal Ludroth capture quest done for you, but you then logged.  Anyway, I had to run as well as I had to watch Lost as I wasn't sure if my nearly full DVR would record it all. :D

"Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die."

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: May 05, 2010, 01:03:44 AM »
Odd Armak's with me now. Did he go to the wrong city?
Mission...complete?

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: May 05, 2010, 01:07:48 AM »
Ah. Well we did the red coral one just now. We were about to hunt Royal Ludroth but he just departed without me.

Mission...complete?

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: May 05, 2010, 01:25:32 AM »
I showed up to help out, but I feel as though I was moments too late.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: May 05, 2010, 01:39:42 AM »
It's cool. By some miracle we pulled it off without anyone dying.
Mission...complete?

Offline Armak88

• Score: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: May 05, 2010, 02:13:50 AM »
That hunt was awesome, I've never fought Royal Ludroth before. Sorry for being so dumb, I couldn't figure out how to write in the chat, then I only knew how to use the quick quotes. I figured it out at the end, but I wanted to let you guys know I wasn't just ignoring you or whatever. Hopefully I'll get wii speak soon and it won't matter anyways. I thought the monster guts one was hilarious because we clearly were not seeing the same thing on our screens. All of the sudden things would die right before I got to them with nobody around.

Thanks guys, I can't wait to do this again.
"I'm not going to ban you yet just in case you really are a huge fan of bean bag chairs..." - Pale

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: May 05, 2010, 02:19:42 AM »
That was your first time fighting him? You were great. After we got him I got enough material for a Ludroth head gear & folds so hopefully I can take him offline now.
Mission...complete?

Offline Armak88

• Score: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 05, 2010, 02:27:36 AM »
Yeah, offline I've done all the quests right up until the one where you hunt Royal Ludroth, but I never tried it. I've played quite a bit though, it took me a while to be able to get the armor I have now and upgrade my weapons to my liking. That fight was really fun though, I thought it was great. I love how everything changes once you jump in the water. Good stuff.
"I'm not going to ban you yet just in case you really are a huge fan of bean bag chairs..." - Pale

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 05, 2010, 04:26:46 AM »
Here's another little tip for when playing online: make sure everyone is ready before departing on the quest.

People might want to grab a meal or muck around in the item box for supplies, so give them some time. When people sign up at the board for a quest, you'll see a little note paper appear next to their name in the player list, and their name will also be orange. When they are ready to depart, this icon will be flashing. If you attempt to leave and not all players are ready, the message will inform you that not everyone is ready; make sure to always read this!

Follow this and no hunter will be left behind!

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #443 on: May 05, 2010, 12:58:00 PM »
Stupid game wouldn't let me connect to any quests. I got frustrated and got offline after about twenty minutes of dicking around.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: May 05, 2010, 01:30:28 PM »
You have to really watch to make sure everybody is actually ready.  Just because they have the quest paper beside their name doesn't mean anything.

It's way too easy to screw up and leave people behind.

Zach, next time hop on right at 10EST and you'll be able to find a room.  It's confusing at first.  Were you able to get into a City at least?  Remember you have to choose a server, then a gate, and then you have to go up to the bulletin board (at the gate entrance you'll see a vandor at a desk on the right...just to the left of that) and choose a city.
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #445 on: May 05, 2010, 01:41:37 PM »
Yup, I was checkin' that bulletin board, trying to connect to anything that moved.

*giggle*

It kept saying the connection couldn't be made or whatever. Sorry I was late last night. That's what I get for stopping at the comic shop on the way home to get the new issue of Power Girl.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: May 05, 2010, 04:31:37 PM »
You have to really watch to make sure everybody is actually ready.  Just because they have the quest paper beside their name doesn't mean anything.

It's way too easy to screw up and leave people behind.
I know, I've been left behind four times already because I wanted to grab a meal or some items, and have seen countless others get left behind.
The problem is that people don't pay attention, which is understandable, people are eager to get started. People just need to check and see if every player has a flashing paper icon by their name, and read the message that comes up when they go to leave to ensure everyone is ready.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: May 05, 2010, 09:05:39 PM »
LOL, once when I hosted the mission everyone was ready and then everyone simultaneously un-checked from ready position.

I didn't even notice at first. I started talking about what strategy we should use and was rummaging around in the item box waiting for everyone else to grab their share of the items so I could take all of what people did not want but no body took anything. I'm say, "you guys all don't want anything?" And take it all and look around the camp to see no one in sight. "Hey! Did you all charge off on the hunt without me?" and go sprinting off only to then realize I was all alone...

Everyone got a good laugh when I got back because they noticed that it took a while for me to quit from the mission. I forget who all was there that time. It was the first night we all played.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 05, 2010, 11:32:34 PM »
I didn't see anyone online right now, so I'm going to be messing around in single player. If anyone wants to play, post here and I'll hop on.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: May 05, 2010, 11:56:26 PM »
I'm gonna go on for a quest or two. I can't play for long because I have a paper to finish tonight but I'd like to play a bit before buckling down on that. It's not due till Friday, but I'd like tomorrow to be the corrections/editing/citation day so I'm not turning in a half finished paper.
My Game Collection