Author Topic: DS "Rub" Flash Ads  (Read 1572 times)

Offline MattVDB

• In need of an alter-ego
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
DS "Rub" Flash Ads
« on: November 19, 2004, 09:58:16 AM »
At home, I use Firefox, and I have most of the iFrames blocked for the ads on this site.  It is very nice surfing after that.  Occasionally though, I log in from a public computer that doesn't have them blocked and I have to look at the ads.  The newest one I've seen though is the coolest one I've seen.  When I saw what happened, I was immediately intrigued.

I was in class this week, and somebody sitting next to me logged into Gaia, and a DS flash ad came up.  The same one this site has had for a few weeks.  She asked  "What is a DS anyway?" and I was able to tell her.  It was neat that that ad got her asking.  It was plain, but stylish.  The new one though is definately more informative, and wouldn't have required me to be there.  While moving the mouse up to the address bar, I crossed an ad, and much to my amazement, part of it was rubbed away.  It was almost identical to the ad earlier, except this time it needs to be rubbed to see it.  It helped get the point across, and I was pleased with just rubbing it off.

There may not be _many_ ads just yet, but so far they have been good, and are generating positive hype.  That is a good thing.  I can't wait until Sunday.

Offline DS_dude1o1

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: DS "Rub" Flash Ads
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2004, 12:52:59 PM »
Cool. I haven't seen that ad yet.
|)$ is going to be teh UBER leet!
It's coming out 2morrow! WOO HOO!
G4TechTv DS DAY TOMMOROW TOO!
WOOHOO