Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Brawl  (Read 345251 times)

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
« Reply #1550 on: May 15, 2007, 04:36:29 PM »
I'll go through at least 17 pairs of pants if MP3 has online, wiimote-driven multiplayer.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
RE:Super Smash Bros. Brawl
« Reply #1551 on: May 16, 2007, 01:59:25 AM »

Originally posted by: Smash_Brother
I'll go through at least 17 pairs of pants if MP3 has online, wiimote-driven multiplayer.
eww.

the travesty that was mp: hunters should prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that metroid and multiplayer do not co-exist.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #1552 on: May 16, 2007, 02:48:09 AM »

Originally posted by: Smash_Brother

Exactly.

We all know that Metroid Prime 3 is going to be the definitive First Person Experience using the Wiimote.  Nintendo is taking extra, EXTRA time proving this control method works flawlessly with FPS.  Why wouldn't you want to bring that experience online?

Voice Chat could be implemented in several different ways.  The easiest is just to pack in a Blue Tooth headset.  (Hey there was a reason Nintendo limited the system to only four controllers.  The Extra Blue Tooth could be used for other asscessories.  Or wired headset that connects to the Wiimote and still has another out to connect the nunchuk to the Wiimote could be created.

Now, with Wifi, I don't believe we will be having great 16-24 epic multiplayer battles.  But Nintendo could get 8-10 players going, and that would be a pretty strong multiplayer experience.

Finally, I would love to see the game have a robust multiplayer experience.  You could have different classes of fighters.

Bounty Hunter class characters would be very specialized and have only the unique weapons and abilities they have.

Space Pirates and Space Marines would be like normal online players, can pick up different weapons and use vehicles and basically be more traditional characters for online play.

It would be brilliant and fun.

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: May 16, 2007, 04:27:52 AM »

Originally posted by: Dasmos
the pure awesome that was mp: hunters should prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that metroid and multiplayer belong together.

Fixed.

Aside from hand cramping and a few broken hunters, I loved the game.

As for SSBB, it better the f*ck have online play.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #1554 on: May 16, 2007, 04:31:27 AM »
Smash Bros:  It just really depends how good the online play mode is.

I want full functional with all items 2 player online mode.

And 4 player needs to be completely functional with no slowdown or lag at least without items.

If Nintendo can't get that done then I don't want online play for Smash Brothers Brawl.

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: May 16, 2007, 04:34:24 AM »
I'd take 1v1 dueling. I love the 4 player rumbles, yes, but I love duels as well.

Offline darknight06

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: May 16, 2007, 05:03:44 AM »
If they can fix the mess that Hunters turned out to be, then yeah, online corruption is fine.  If they can't, please don't bother...

And why are we comparing it to Halo 3.  That game will probably see more play overall in more circles before Metroid will anyways, considering it was made to be the definitive home console online first person shooter experience.  The only way Corruption got a chance against that is if it manages to do something that Halo can't really well and I just don't see that happening.  I got a feeling a lot of ya'll are setting yourselves up for disappointment.

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: May 16, 2007, 05:45:48 AM »
Damn people, if MP3 ends up with multiplayer I'll jump out of the internet and murder you all.

And I'm still rooting for Tingle in Smash, that would be so great, Nintendo, make it happen.

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: May 16, 2007, 07:08:03 AM »

Originally posted by: pap64
One rumor says that Tingle will be a playable character in the game. If that happens A LOT of fans will be very angry, myself included (especially if some characters were declined in order to include him).
Tingle in Brawl would be the single greatest thing that's ever happened.  Search your heart; you know it to be true.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Strell

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: May 16, 2007, 08:42:12 AM »
Well first of all, Tingle was already in the Smash Bros series.  I can't remember if he was a trophy, but he was definitely in that Zelda stage.

Secondly, yes, why do people not want Tingle in games?  Anything that gives me the chance to hurt him makes me happy.
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1560 on: May 16, 2007, 08:52:17 AM »
Because including a potentially awesome character, say Wolf O'Donnell for example, outweighs Sakurai's team using up development time and resources on a joke character everyone just wants to wail on. No matter who that potentially awesome character is, not having him/her in favor of Tingle doesn't seem right.

I mean, Pichu made it before Wario or Pit. Lame! Sure, we don't have to worry about their absences now, but it sucked when Melee came out.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: May 16, 2007, 09:13:40 AM »
Who's to say Tingle wouldn't make an awesome charactor.  I see him having alot more potental then alot of the characters people want.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: May 16, 2007, 09:23:31 AM »
Characters such as and why?

Tingle could be an awesome character. It'd blow my mind if he was. If Sakurai's team added him just to be a joke character, that's a total waste of resources. Why bother? That's my point anyway. If Tingle was a good playable character, I'd be more willing to accept him though my hate for him knows no bounds.  

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: May 16, 2007, 01:37:46 PM »
If they add yet another Zelda character then they might as well just call this game Super Mario Poke Zelda Bros.

Unrepresented franchises, please: Punch-Out, Star Tropics, Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Balloon Fighter, etc.

We don't need any more redundant franchise characters.  

Offline Smoke39

• Smoking is only bad for you if you're not made of smoke already
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: May 16, 2007, 04:37:17 PM »
Until Ridley is a playable character, more redundancy is required.
GOREGASM!

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: May 16, 2007, 04:59:40 PM »
How about an Excite Truck? That would be unique. Maybe not Japanese enough, but definitely unique.
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: May 16, 2007, 05:08:30 PM »
I swear some of the ideas you people come up with are atrocious.

Tingle would be awesome
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Smoke39

• Smoking is only bad for you if you're not made of smoke already
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: May 16, 2007, 07:05:18 PM »
I want to Super Truck Smash Pikachu.
GOREGASM!

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #1568 on: May 17, 2007, 02:55:03 AM »
Ha that would be funny if there was an item that had a truck drive on screen knocking everyone up into the air.

Then a 1-5 Star SUPER TRUCK SMASH!!!!!!!!!! Depending on how many people were knocked around.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: May 17, 2007, 11:10:33 AM »
I like an Excite Truck level.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: May 17, 2007, 05:59:01 PM »
ET in SSBB would be excellent for the same reason EBA would: both games are severely underrated and deserve more attention than they received.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #1571 on: May 17, 2007, 06:44:49 PM »
I was about to say that anything ET on Brawl might not happen because its a very American game, but then I realized that...

1. We had to put up with all the Japan only releases in Melee
2. ET was released in Japan
3. Sakurai has said that Brawl would be far more international than Melee was

It may or may not happen, but the Brawl has no excuse as to why they can't include any ET reference in the game.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: May 17, 2007, 07:28:12 PM »
I'm trying to figure out how an Excite Truck level would work. Surely, the landscape changing on the fly is a given. I suppose the trucks could crash into you, but that seems too reminiscent of the Mute City stage in Melee and the upcoming Mario Kart stage. I'm curious how they could really make it interesting and unique otherwise.

Also, I would like to see more ledge mechanics. I think you should grab on no matter which way you're facing. It's hard for certain characters to score a "Down But Not Out" because their up+B move sucks, most notably Luigi. Moreover, I think it'd be cool if you could grab onto the legs of someone hanging from the ledge by pressing the grab button. At the same time, the character on the ledge should have more mobility to kick and attack with their free hand. This could also help characters on ledges protect themselves from "campers." Marth is especially tough near ledges since he's fast enough to intercept either a jump of a ledge or the attack ledge climb.

Maybe I'm making too much out of the ledge, but I think there's a lot that can be done to make it more frantic. They could even add ledge throws, where a character hanging on the ledge can grab another character either on the stage or one attempting to jump back onto the stage and toss them out. I can just imagine Link using the double claw shot, one for the stage and the other to hook onto someone.

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: May 17, 2007, 07:32:26 PM »
I actually though of grabbing the legs of someone on the ledge as well.

I agree that some characters are far too adept at ledge camping and that would even the field a bit.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #1574 on: May 18, 2007, 02:48:46 AM »
I think you could make an Excite Truck inspired level without having trucks and such.

What I would do would have a level that can morph and be effected by extreme weather conditions such as torandos, Earth Quakes, even have a flood of water with a current pushing you to the sides or something.

All of these events would be triggered by randomly appearing Excite Truck Icons like in the original game.

The weather conditions could be designed to really mess with peoples play style.  Like the Tornado could making jumping attacks unpredictable and jumping in general more dangerous.

The Water from the floods can pull all players on the ground to holes or the edge of the map.  

With a grab of an icon two characters on equal footing can find each other seperated by a large cliff.