Author Topic: Episode 788: Bullets Are for Demons, Not for Walls  (Read 2159 times)

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Episode 788: Bullets Are for Demons, Not for Walls
« on: September 11, 2022, 04:42:30 PM »

Crafting pithy axioms.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/61481/episode-788-bullets-are-for-demons-not-for-walls

This week we are without Greg. But instead, we have a lot of email. Questions answered this week: our ideal Digital Eclipse collection, words we can't say, and a marketer's self-marketing book. You can market yourself here.

After a break, Gui and Jon have New Business. Gui has completed Live A Live and still loves it. He's also playing a game from a friend called In Retrospect. Jon bought the Sunbreak amiibo and Commodore 64: a Visual Compendium, a book about... well you can guess.

Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 788: Bullets Are for Demons, Not for Walls
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2022, 09:22:27 AM »
Sounds like Gui liked In Retrospect more than I did. I thought it was ok, but not as good as Bit Trip Runner.
Its kind of a weird coincidence, but I actually streamed it two days before launch because the developer sent me a review code. He must have found my Youtube channel because I have previously streamed Bit Trip Runner.
Gui already knows about this archived stream because I posted it on discord. https://youtu.be/9x0M8QvMjNQ

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2022, 03:44:39 PM »
Sorry to burst your microcomputer kusoge bubble but they didn't include the various computer versions of the Turtles games either, not even the PC version of 1 with the impossible jump because they awkwardly rescaled the levels.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2022, 08:14:16 AM »
Just chiming in to confirm CB is in three of the four N64 wrestling games (only Wrestlemania 2000 is immune). Though I suppose you could swap in Bryan Danielson.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline jarodea

• A man of the world, so suave and discrete, he trips over the women piled up at his feet
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2022, 02:26:42 PM »
I would want a more all-encompassing Koei collection than James.  I thought there was one series but there are several, the Rekoeition Series, the Historical Series, the World War Series.  I loved Aerobiz as a kid btw, nothing like buying the museum and the grand hotel in Rome and moving flights from the East through it to maximize profits.