Author Topic: Pokemon: Legends Bidoof - Come catch Pokemon for the glory of the one true god  (Read 7492 times)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
I've been addicted to this game for a good while now. It is really fun.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 05:52:59 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
It's absolutely incredible. I've been playing it a lot lately as well, and I'm constantly impressed.

It's really fun discovering Hisuian variants and just screwing around in the game world. I keep ignoring the story and even side quest objectives just to see if I can catch an alpha without battling it or battling alphas to see if I can beat them.  Even going through areas just to see what spawns is fun. You never know when you'll spot a shiny and pretty much any Pokémon that spawns can be an alpha.

Honestly, it's terrible for my ADD.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
I had a lot of luck getting annoyingly rare mons like Cleffa and Cherubi/Cherrim but I still need to get Bonsly and I'm worried that the game has been spoon feeding me so it can burn me on Bonsly.

I'm also trying to get completed dex entries on everything which has been a fun challenge.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
There have been a few times now where I noticed the "unreported task" counter maxed out at 99. I love going to complete those things. Gives me an excuse to just hide out in the grass and wait.

My first shiny was an alpha Stantler, which felt crazy lucky. I managed a Bonsly early but had the hardest time finding a Cherrim. And then I accidentally KO'd it. One of my favorite things about the game has been how wildly different everyone's experiences have been. I got a large Buizel rather easily, but have seen people complain about having to catch a bunch before clearing the mission.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
I have 34 pokemon left I haven't caught yet but I still have an additional 64 pokemon that I have caught but haven't filled my dex entries for yet. I'll be busy for a while.

Offline fingermask

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Yes for me to, this one is the best game in Nintendo!

Really love playing this. :D :D :D

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
I finally rolled credits. What a game! There's still some post-game story for me to cover, which I just got started with. I'm enjoying filling out the dex and completing sidequests without the burden of finishing the story.

I tried not having the starters' final forms spoiled, but by now I've seen them all in youtube thumbnails. :^/ Still, I need to find the space-time distortions to get the others.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
I ended up getting this in Target's buy 2 get 1 free sale a couple of weeks ago.

It's pretty good! My expectations were only moderate considering the series and the dev, so it's managed to impress me. Finally, everything is so streamlined and quick now, including some ideas I thought up a long time ago like a Mon being able to know all its moves and be able to "equip" four for battle. Battles are so much faster-paced now and are much less of a pain to breeze through for grinding or catching purposes, and they have a better sense of place in the world with things like not being swept away to a generic battle scene and the trainer(s) always on camera. I can only hope that the next mainline games at least copy or build on these mechanics even if they keep the old style of world design.

My main problems are the same as any Pokémon game: mediocre presentation and story. With that said, given all the complaints I've seen, I was actually expecting the graphics to be something worse than they are; I thought it was going to be something on the level of the wild areas from Sword and Shield, but fortunately it's much better than those. There is one gameplay issue with the graphics which is how the draw distance for objects and Monz isn't all that far out, making for some noticeable popup and an inability to see Monz and items that are located far off, but it isn't a big deal.

Overall, I'm glad this game was successful, and hope it means there's more big changes and ambition in store for the franchise.

That quest for the big Buizel is pretty mean to have as an early one! I dunno if it's a glitch or what but I actually got a 2'8" Buizel early on, but he still refused to take it despite him saying he wanted 2'8" and above. I had over a pasture full of Buizel and still no luck, eventually I got a 2'7" that I decided to try just to see and the guy ended up accepting that one! This guy right here, a real pain in my Buizel let me tell you...

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Open world games could learn a thing or two from Pokémon Legends. One of the best things about this game is how mounts work. There's no extraneous tasks with taming, stabling, or care, no having to retrieve them from certain spots or limits on where they can go. All I have to do is press a button and poof, it's there, time to zoom across the land with ease. I know that ride Monz were introduced in Sun and Moon so credit goes to them, but they're even better implemented here. Nintendo has been catching wind of the idea from how Plessie works in Bowser's Fury, so hopefully they at least do something similar to that in BotW2 if not being like ride Monz.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
I’m gonna say “no” to summoning mounts in BotW when in the field. Let some games have a sense of realism.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
BOTW already has teleporting technology, so summoning a horse using it wouldn't be that far off. It doesn't need to be as instant as "push a button and you're riding the mount", but it could still be done without feeling like you're stretching the realities of that game.

Speaking of the mounts in Legends, I love jumping off cliffs and summoning the bird. The Wyrdeer can even jump high enough to summon it in some places, which is fun to do.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 10:26:56 PM by nickmitch »

Offline payworse

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
I agree that it is the finest Nintendo game ever made.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
I agree that it is the finest Nintendo game ever made.

I would say that it even meets RFN's high bar of being significant.