Community Forums > Movies & TV

Disney+

(1/58) > >>

nickmitch:
Might as well make a new thread to start filling out our new child forum.

Disney finally made the big announcement today, April 11th. 

Disney+ will launch on November 12th for $7/month or $70/year.

A lot of content is coming, including The Simpsons, which will be streaming exclusively on Disney+.

Apps will be coming to smart devices and gaming systems, including the Switch.

Content is downloadable for offline viewing.

New Marvel shows were announced:
-Loki
-The Falcon and Winter Soldier
-WandaVision (this is the actual name)
-What If? (Peggy Carter gets the Super Soldier Serum.)

All Pixar Films and shorts will be on the service.

The World According to Jeff Goldblum announced.

Captain Marvel will stream exclusively from the service.

All theatrical releases from here on out will be exclusive to the service.

First Live-Action Star Wars Series.

All Star Wars movies to hit service within a year.

Live-Action Lady and the Tramp.

Disney Channel content:
-High School Musical: The Musical: The Series (new thing)
-Phineas and Ferb Movie
-Lizzie McGuire (show seen on the app)
-Other old shows

And more stuff.  Here's a list of content and when you can expect it.

Bundle Options: Apparently, a bundle with ESPN+ and Hulu is under consideration.

Spak-Spang:
Does anyone know if this is an international release or just a US release?  Or if Disney will be putting restrictions from world wide access?  Because I would be interested in this service much more than Netflix and I would subscribe if it is accessible in Korea.

nickmitch:

--- Quote from: Spak-Spang on April 11, 2019, 10:27:46 PM ---Does anyone know if this is an international release or just a US release?  Or if Disney will be putting restrictions from world wide access?  Because I would be interested in this service much more than Netflix and I would subscribe if it is accessible in Korea.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Engadget ---Disney revealed its plans for a "worldwide" rollout touching all of the "major" regions in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Latin America over the next couple of years. It doesn't sound like it will touch Netflix's actual worldwide ability that skips only a few countries, but should reach most of the larger markets by 2021.

--- End quote ---

Not quite the specific answer, but they are launching worldwide being a bit vague about specifics currently.

UncleBob:
The claim that all Disney movies will be on the service seems... questionable.

Will Song of the South be available?

nickmitch:

--- Quote from: UncleBob on April 11, 2019, 10:59:35 PM ---The claim that all Disney movies will be on the service seems... questionable.

Will Song of the South be available?

--- End quote ---

The entire library was confirmed at a March shareholders meeting.

--- Quote from: Engadget link=https://www.engadget.com/2019/03/07/disney-plus-entire-movie-library/ ---"The service, which I mentioned earlier is going to launch later in the year, is going to combine what we call library product, movies, and television, with a lot of original product as well, movies and television. And at some point fairly soon after launch it will house the entire Disney motion picture library, so the movies that you speak of that traditionally have been kept in a 'vault' and brought out basically every few years will be on the service," said Iger during the meeting.
--- End quote ---

But that specific language seems to have been left out of today's discussion, and I can't find anything that says if they answered that specific question.

Edit: I didn't watch the full 3.5 hour video, but I've been reading along with releases and things.  Not sure if any reliable source said today that the full vault was going to be released.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version