Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

Wii U External USB Storage Devices

<< < (3/8) > >>

Oblivion:
Not just game installs, bro. Game data and game saves factor into this. Take a look at your Game Data screen on the XMB sometime.

TJ Spyke:
You specifically said game installs, so I replied about game installs. I am aware it can get larger with stuff like save data and stuff like that, but that is not what you said. Actual game install size is well below the 6GB number you said.

And I don't play many games on my PS3 (the DualShock controller has always sucked), I mainly use it as a Blu-ray Disc player. I usually play games on the vastly superior Xbox 360 (or Wii if a game is Wii exclusive).

pokepal148:
Im saying that many games on all systems don't use the  full cartridge/disc space. although i haven't had enough experience with the PS3/360 to say

BranDonk Kong:
From what I've read you need to install the entire game on Xbox One - MGS4 is about 33GB, the PS3 game install does not copy the entire disc to the HDD. Install sizes on PS3 in general have absolutely nothing to do with the actual size of everything on the disc. When you have to install the entire game (you do not need to use the disc after you install on Xbox One), then 500GB will disappear relatively quickly.

UncleBob:

--- Quote from: Brandogg on May 23, 2013, 08:12:18 AM ---From what I've read you need to install the entire game on Xbox One - MGS4 is about 33GB, the PS3 game install does not copy the entire disc to the HDD. Install sizes on PS3 in general have absolutely nothing to do with the actual size of everything on the disc. When you have to install the entire game (you do not need to use the disc after you install on Xbox One), then 500GB will disappear relatively quickly.

--- End quote ---
This.  All of this.  There will be no tricks like installing 5GB and overriding as you go - the whole XBO deal is that you install, then don't need the disc.  So, it's going to have to install EVERYTHING.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version