Author Topic: The Fast Food Thread - Would You Like Posts With That?  (Read 210511 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: The Fast Food Thread - Would You Like Posts With That?
« Reply #300 on: November 23, 2020, 10:55:25 PM »
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 07, 2021, 03:37:37 PM »
So I've tried some of these chicken sandwiches for the War that Popeye's apparently started.

McDonald's..... Giant McChicken patty. If you love McChicken, you'll probably like this, but if you're looking for a real chicken Sandwich, this wasn't it.

Burger King Ch'King.... Not bad, but not great. I didn't get the spicy, and I should've. I'm sure that would've been better, but the regular one didn't entice me to try again. Popeye's is only another minute out two down the road.

Popeye's.... Still King.

Next up... KFC
And as soon as they open up the Chick FilA next to my, I might try that one too.

Taco Bell - Naked Chicken Chalupa (as close as they'll get).
Not bad, but immediately regretted it, as I haven't had taco bell in ages. It might be a while before I go back there again.

Had some from some chicken sandwiches from regular restaurants that were also really good, but as far as fast food goes, Popeye's still on top so far.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 03:48:57 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 14, 2021, 09:44:24 PM »
So I had the KFC Chicken Sandy and even though the sandwich itself was pretty good, I immediately recalled what I hate about KFC to begin with....

I'm at the window and the dude hands me a bag where half the bottom is soaked in grease.... I didn't want to set it on the wrong thing and get grease stains. Wasn't sure if it was the fries or the chicken, but either way that's an immediate warning sign to my arteries. LOL

So I got the spicy chicken, and it was just some spicy sauce that was on about half the chicken... so really, I got the Spicy and Regular Chicken Sandwich at the same time. No need to go back. LOL
It was a thick piece of chicken, never dry at KFC, and no crunch to the skin (for the same reasons it's never dry -see the bag-). It wasn't actually greasy or anything, that I could tell, but it was mostly in it's sandwich sleeve , so I don't know how greasy it might've been. It was good on flavor though.

Current Order of Preference:
Popeyes
KFC
BK
McD's

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 15, 2021, 01:03:58 PM »
No Chick-fil-a on your list BnM? Or are they in an entirely different camp?

I like their chicken but the typical lines keep me away, and I tend to get hankerins for Chicken sandwiches (and teriyaki) on Sundays when they are closed so I don't go very often.
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #304 on: June 16, 2021, 08:52:23 PM »
I have issues with Chik- fil-a just for their funding of anti LGBT bills.

With that being said I tend to go with Popeye's for chicken sandwiches and chicken in general.  Their biscuits are worth the trip in of itself.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 17, 2021, 07:01:07 AM »
I didn't go to Chic-fil-a since 2009 for the reasons listed above, I also wasn't too much of a fan as they were over-priced. McDonalds had that Southern Chicken sandwich and it tasted exactly the same and was cheaper.  But Chic-fil-A policies were reportedly improving since about 2017. My mom was really hungry one day in 2020, and figured an 11 year boycott was a long time.  Also, McDonalds had stopped carrying the southern chicken sandwich a while ago. I cracked. Their chicken nuggets are pretty good. Their prices are better than what they were.
I remember one time, around the time, maybe a little before the boycott was starting, it was a Sunday and they were closed so I went to Pollo Feliz instead.

I find it hillarious how the name could be translated.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 07:11:18 AM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 21, 2021, 08:15:17 PM »
No Chick-fil-a on your list BnM? Or are they in an entirely different camp?

I like their chicken but the typical lines keep me away, and I tend to get hankerins for Chicken sandwiches (and teriyaki) on Sundays when they are closed so I don't go very often.

I mentioned Chick FilA, they are building one next to me and I'll try it once it opens. The next nearest one to me is too far away and line too long to even entertain it unless I was randomly passing by and the line was short.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 04:41:03 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 22, 2021, 01:33:19 PM »
I thought their political policies were more driven by the former CEO who passed away? Maybe it was an assumption but I thought a lot of that support trickled off once he passed.

On the flip side I hear they are one of the better restaurants in terms of employee treatment/pay. Though again I'm wondering if that was an assumption I had due to their higher prices.
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #308 on: June 23, 2021, 09:45:29 AM »
I thought their political policies were more driven by the former CEO who passed away? Maybe it was an assumption but I thought a lot of that support trickled off once he passed.

On the flip side I hear they are one of the better restaurants in terms of employee treatment/pay. Though again I'm wondering if that was an assumption I had due to their higher prices.

That may be the case but I have seen lots of reports recently that Dan Cathy the owner is still funding anti- lgbt policies.

https://www.esquire.com/food-drink/restaurants/a36622217/chick-fil-a-owner-donations-against-equality-act/

https://www.them.us/story/chick-fil-a-owner-bankrolling-hate-groups-targeting-trans-kids

With that being said Burger King is donating to the Human Rights Campaign for every sandwich sold this month.

https://www.nrn.com/quick-service/burger-king-supports-lgbtq-rights-new-sandwich
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 23, 2021, 01:49:22 PM »
Bummer. I thought Chick-fil-a had moved on from that. Shame we aren't in the Parks and Rec timeline where Elton John bought them out!
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 23, 2022, 08:31:05 PM »

Who's gonna take one for the team and report back?

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 23, 2022, 08:37:14 PM »
Who's gonna take one for the team and report back?
I’m morbidly curious. I have to go into the office tomorrow so I’ll see if this is available at the nearby Arby’s.

There’s no way that’s actual Wagyu. It could still be good though.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #312 on: May 23, 2022, 08:37:33 PM »
Maybe if I have a cheat day in the next month from my half vegetarian diet.   I had one this past month so it can't be this week.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 24, 2022, 09:33:04 PM »
I tried the Arby’s bacon ranch Wagyu steakhouse burger.

I wasn’t sure how close to the pictures the patties were so I got the double to make sure I could adequately critique the quality of the meat. Ultimately, it was way too beefy (pun intended). If you want to give this a go, I recommend sticking with the single patty.

Arby’s Wagyu burger tasted like American Wagyu which I’ve had before. Without double checking, I believe American Wagyu is a crossbreed of Wagyu and Angus. To further drive prices down, I wouldn’t be surprised if Arby’s then diluted it with more non-Wagyu. I’ve never had authentic Japanese Wagyu because it’s hella expensive albeit apparently much higher quality.

Anyway, the burger itself is fine. This may have been the first time I’ve been to Arby’s since 2020. I probably won’t go out of my way to order this again though if someone offered, I wouldn’t turn it down. It’s a perfectly reasonable choice if you’re at an Arby’s. When I was there, I almost ordered something cheaper before reminding myself this was the only reason I was there. My go-to burger joint offers a much better Wagyu burger so if I was ever jonesing for one, I’d go there, not Arby’s.

Let me know if y’all have any questions.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 31, 2022, 05:09:40 PM »
I believe it was confirmed to be American Wagyu.

But what's your "Go-To" burger joint that offers Wagyu beef (American or otherwise)?

I seen a couple new and old Burger spots in the areas surrounding where i frequent, that i have yet to try out, so just curious the type of place you refer to as your "go-to" burger spot.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: June 02, 2022, 11:28:48 PM »
But what's your "Go-To" burger joint that offers Wagyu beef (American or otherwise)?
Burger Barr

I used to live about 15 minutes away until I moved out of state. Fortunately, a friend lives nearby. I've only stopped in a few times since the pandemic.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 16, 2022, 02:58:18 PM »
Every time I've had Wagyu I've always thought it was just over-hyped.

My Aunt runs a dairy farm. Because of this she has cows that are meant for making milk that is used to make cheese. Every once in a while her cows get slaughtered. Her cow's meat tastes way different and I really like it. Also Buffalo doesn't taste as special as advertised either, though Angus does taste a bit different and is pretty good.

And all this of course is in hamburger form where it's all ground up. I imagine steak form is going to be notable.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 16, 2022, 05:08:29 PM »
Wagyu isn't ideal for burgers from my understanding of a single episode of Kitchen Nightmares that my TV seems to always play on repeat when I accidentally change it to whatever Samsung uses for a channel viewing mode, so I've watched it once or twice out of curiosity. It was the episode where Godron Ramsey is arguing with the owner who likes burgers and thinks that makes him an excellent burger restaurant owner and kept insisting his top tier Wagyu was the best burger meat ever. Ramsey was talking about how it is a quality meat but most of its positives are lost when in ground and grilled form in a burger. It is also so overpriced I just don't want to even try it. I'd rather spend my money on something else.
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Free Chicken Sandwich from Wingstop - 12 Flavors
« Reply #318 on: August 30, 2022, 06:13:36 PM »
Wingstop now got 12 flavors of chicken sandwich....

If the first 2 good.... I'm in trouble. Wingstop is right next my house :/

Anyway, try one free!!
Who want a free chicken sandwich from Wingstop?

https://chickensandwichsplit.com/