Author Topic: SWAP Force?  (Read 13857 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: SWAP Force?
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2013, 08:13:31 AM »
lolmonade, did you seriously call Skylanders NOT a money grab? You've got to be joking.

Isn't virtually every video game consumer product a money grab?

heres my thing, i prefer the dead to be treated with respect and not reanimated into some plastic action figure abomination
Curious what you think about Ted Price's statements on Skylanders?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2013, 07:24:52 PM »
heres my thing, i prefer the dead to be treated with respect and not reanimated into some plastic action figure abomination
I respectfully disagree, I grew up with Spyro... to see him just shoved into some blatant cash grab stupidity is absolutely insulting to me.  if someone manages to hack the portal of power nfc system I may consider picking up a used copy... my disdain rests more with the sales model then the game itself.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/01/talking_point_the_blurred_lines_of_collectables_and_on_disc_dlc

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2013, 08:13:08 PM »
lolmonade, did you seriously call Skylanders NOT a money grab? You've got to be joking.

That wasn't what I said at all.  I was suggesting it was a bit ridiculous for Pokepal to suggest Skylanders is nothing but a shameless cash grab when he's clearly never touched the game.

But I'll play devil's advocate: I personally don't think it's as shameless as detractors make it out to be.  There's nothing requiring you to purchase a bunch of additional characters, and you can get through the core game with just the starter pack.  You can expand your character set as you deem necessary, and if you don't care about the stickers/codes that come with them, you can usually get them used for a reasonable price.  If you like games that are akin to Gauntlet set in a more cartoon setting, then there's no better game out there right now than this.

For Pokepal, YOU DON'T EVEN NEED TO PLAY AS SPYRO!!!  Although I still don't see how having Spyro as a playable character in Skylanders tarnishes the character.  Did it Devalue Link to be playable in Soul Calibur II?

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2013, 08:53:25 PM »
I'm just gonna put this out there, I wanted to stay out of this debate but you guys managed to pull me in,

That wasn't what I said at all.  I was suggesting it was a bit ridiculous for Pokepal to suggest Skylanders is nothing but a shameless cash grab when he's clearly never touched the game.
Not really given that the main premise of the game comes down to "buy more toys"

But I'll play devil's advocate: I personally don't think it's as shameless as detractors make it out to be.  There's nothing requiring you to purchase a bunch of additional characters, and you can get through the core game with just the starter pack.  You can expand your character set as you deem necessary, and if you don't care about the stickers/codes that come with them, you can usually get them used for a reasonable price.
except the character data is already on the disc, you are literally paying eight dollars(or whatever other deal you get your hands on) for a cheap nfc chip
For Pokepal, YOU DON'T EVEN NEED TO PLAY AS SPYRO!!!  Although I still don't see how having Spyro as a playable character in Skylanders tarnishes the character.  Did it Devalue Link to be playable in Soul Calibur II?
It is just my opinion, although I think there is an obvious difference between Link in SC2 and spyro in skylanders

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2013, 01:28:05 AM »
I respectfully disagree, I grew up with Spyro... to see him just shoved into some blatant cash grab [...]

Again, aren't virtually all video games cash grabs?  I don't recall anyone giving out any good free games of late.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2013, 12:42:41 PM »
Anyone else had enough time to play through a decent portion of the game?  I'm curious to hear other's thoughts on Swap Force compared to Giants.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2013, 12:59:07 PM »
Anyone else had enough time to play through a decent portion of the game?  I'm curious to hear other's thoughts on Swap Force compared to Giants.
I just picked it up the 15th with my PS4.  Its gorgeous on the PS4 and I'll stream it some more some time.  I've only played through 2 areas.  I like it more than Giants.  It feels more like the original Skylander 3DS game but, with the massively longer level of Giants.  They are huge.

Yeah, I haven't recorded any of the streaming I did of it but, I'll probably stream some this week of people are interested.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2013, 09:22:41 PM »
It feels more like the original Skylander 3DS game but, with the massively longer level of Giants.  They are huge.

For what it's worth, VV did the 3DS version of Spyro's Adventure and took the lead on the console version of SWAP Force... :D

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2013, 10:56:02 PM »
It feels more like the original Skylander 3DS game but, with the massively longer level of Giants.  They are huge.

For what it's worth, VV did the 3DS version of Spyro's Adventure and took the lead on the console version of SWAP Force... :D
I know.
Also that Swap force was actually being worked on while the original 3DS version was made.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline lolmonade

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2013, 03:46:52 PM »
Ceric, have you noticed anything about the time delay between putting a Skylander on the portal and when they display and make them playable?  The game looks gorgeous on PS3 as well, so I'm not able to gather whether the PS4 would have a noticable visual improvement, but if the loading times are dramatically improved, I may consider looking into a PS4 copy once I take the next-gen plunge.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2013, 03:54:03 PM »
The delay isn't like the PS3 Delay on the other games.  I'll have to see the PS3 Version to make a real call.  I know their are suppose to be different areas where they used the extra horsepower to animate faces and the like.