Author Topic: Amazing Deals!  (Read 1044917 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing Deals for 3DS, DS & GBA
« Reply #3075 on: March 04, 2017, 02:38:58 PM »
Really upset I seemed to have missed out on this deal but maybe someone else can take advantage of it.

Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam is $14.97 at Best Buy Canada. The weird thing is the price is only on their website. If you go into the store, the price on the shelf shows a sale price of $39.99. Went to a location this morning to try and pick one up but they couldn't find the last copy they were supposed to have and other stores in my area all seem to be sold out. Argh!!!

Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing Deals!
« Reply #3076 on: April 05, 2017, 02:39:14 PM »
Hello Canada!
Both Amazon Canada and Best Buy Canada are selling Star Fox Zero (With Star Fox Guard) for $39.99. Lowest price evah! methinks.
I tried Star Fox from the library once. It was very enjoyable. Would like to try the co-op mode.
The kids at Pietriots raved about the game.
More than once
They also really liked Star Fox Guard

All that said, I am still undecided if I will buy the game or just rely on the library copies.

I should buy it, right?
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: April 05, 2017, 03:24:35 PM »
I bought it earlier in the deal I mentioned a few posts above at $44.99 so this $5.00 less deal you mention is indeed the cheapest offered in Canada so far. I didn't mind buying it at $45.00 since that's a reasonable price for console games these days and it is 2 games in one. Plus, I like the Star Fox franchise for whatever reason so I nabbed it although I haven't played or tried it yet. However, it is one of the Wii U games in my collection I do most want to get around to along with Captain Toad Treasure Tracker.

Also, I like Pietroits game reporting as well. Shame Grubdog doesn't think he has the time to do any writing for the time being since his take on games is probably the viewpoint I'm most interested in these days.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: June 13, 2017, 03:49:48 PM »
Hey Canada (and the U.S., I assume)
If you got the bucks, the gold PS4 (in honour of E3, I think) is about the best deal on a PS4 I've seen so far. No bundled game but includes 1TB hard drive for C$329. And if you hate it, it probably has decent re-sale value being a limited edition funky colour
https://www.ebgames.ca/PS4/Games/731935
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/playstation-4-1tb-limited-edition-console-gold/10733196.aspx
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: June 18, 2017, 06:42:32 PM »
Happy birthday to the OP, joeamis! Wow! 14 years of Amazing Deals and it started when I was still in high school  :Q

Sorry we haven't seen you in awhile but your legacy of saving your fellow forumers money lives on. :mario:
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: July 29, 2017, 03:04:24 AM »
So, not sure if this is happening elsewhere but I stopped in Best Buy today on a lark and discovered that Star Fox Zero / Star Fox Guard bundle was being sold for $19.99. Mario Party 10 with Bowser Amiibo was also being sold for $19.99. There might have been a couple other insane prices but those stuck out to me since I probably paid around double for those games. If only I knew!

At another Best Buy, they had Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest on sale for $19.99. Dragon Quest VII was down to $24.99, I think. Again, there were probably some other games discounted or highly discounted that I forget but those just stuck out to me because I was surprised to see them priced at that level.

Oddly enough, when I go to Best Buy online, none of these games are for sale at these prices. At the first Best Buy, Kirby Planet Robobot was being sold for $49.99 yet at the second location it was on sale for $39.99. I have no idea if individual stores are just doing their own sale and pricing but I find that hard to believe. However, I thought I might as well get the word out that you may want to check into your local Best Buy and see if there are some discounts going on with the Nintendo games there since you won't find signs of it on their webpage. Who knows what you might find? Also, these prices are all Canadian so not sure if these price drops would be occurring elsewhere or only in Canada.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: August 13, 2017, 05:34:34 AM »
I've noticed that at Walmarts here too. The local managers probably adjust their sales based on the area's demand. It sure makes me always check the game sections of every store I enter, just in case. I paid $30 for Star Fox, so I'm not too bummed out.

It's going to build up as we get further ways from the Wii U era, so gobble up the lesser know titles while they are still available. Reminds me I need to grab DQ8 before that disappears.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: August 24, 2017, 10:53:43 PM »
Is Switch always $299.00?
Should I get one now if I found it in stock at that price, or just wait till closer to black Friday/Xmas?

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: August 24, 2017, 10:58:13 PM »
Is Switch always $299.00?
Should I get one now if I found it in stock at that price, or just wait till closer to black Friday/Xmas?
As long as you want one, I'd get it now if you manage to come across one at MSRP. Switch has been pretty hard to come by for the past few months. It's going to be hella impossible to find closer to the holidays.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: August 24, 2017, 11:59:21 PM »
so $299.99 is the normal price?
I thought it was $349.99

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: August 25, 2017, 11:48:20 AM »
Nope, 299 is MSRP. Though I am sure there are forced bundles looking to boost the price, along with scummy scalpers.
My Game Collection

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: August 25, 2017, 08:53:06 PM »
Probably a YMMV type of deal, but my (east coast, Canadian) Walmart has Bravely Second End Layer and Hyrule Warriors Legends (3DS) for $20 each. 

Those were two of the bigger omissions from my 3DS library, so I was happy to see that tonight. Might be worth checking your local store if it sounds like a good deal? Now I'm only watching for a good deal for Etrian Untold 2!

Also saw Little Battlers Experience and Gravity Falls 3DS games marked down to $5 each, but neither called out to me. My backlog is already too chubby...
NNID: ejamer

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: August 25, 2017, 09:50:02 PM »
That's a really good deal for those games. Oddly enough, both were discounted early this year by Amazon.ca so I decided to pick them up then (and Shaymin did also at the time) but with tax, I paid $33.59 each. I should have waited. It's not like I've even gotten around to them since then but I didn't think those games would get much lower than that. Oh how wrong I was. Really need to finish building that time machine....

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: September 22, 2017, 01:31:48 AM »
Mario + Rabbids = $29.99 @ BestBuy right now!!!
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/mario-rabbids-kingdom-battle-nintendo-switch/5909500.p?skuId=5909500

better get it while it's hot.

edit:
I just priced matched mine from Amazon instead (w/ Free 1-day shipping!!)

*I had a $20 credit to use.
**I don't even own a Switch yet....

edit: nevermind guys, it's a dead deal now.
but my copy if on the way :D

I hear it's a good game and worth the full price.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 02:47:52 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3090 on: September 22, 2017, 05:11:01 PM »
Shoot, slept through that one!
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: September 22, 2017, 06:14:12 PM »
Delivered this morning.

But I still down own a Switch to play it on.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: September 22, 2017, 08:12:39 PM »
Delivered this morning.

But I still down own a Switch to play it on.
I saw a single unit in each store I went to last week to buy the Metroid Amiibo (so three total). Switch units are out there albeit in limited supply. This may be the calm before the storm. Unless you think you can snag a Super Mario Odyssey bundle, I’d pick one up now if you see it.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: September 27, 2017, 06:13:19 PM »
It would seem that Switch availability can vary pretty wildly based on where people live. In my area, the grey Switch set has been plentiful for about six weeks now, however the neon bundle is usually sold out. I dunno if that means it's more popular, or that they produce less of them.

Mario + Rabbids = $29.99 @ BestBuy right now!!!
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/mario-rabbids-kingdom-battle-nintendo-switch/5909500.p?skuId=5909500
Apparently this was a pricing mistake, and Best Buy ended up cancelling most of the orders. Consider yourself doubly lucky!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: September 27, 2017, 11:36:47 PM »
Yeah, I see plenty of grey bundles and even the odd Splatoon bundle. Neon is the hardest to find. It took a few weeks of watching Amazon for a pair of Neon controllers to reappear at MSRP so they do seem to be the favored peripherals. Plenty of Pro controllers everywhere I go so they seem to have fixed that constraint at least.
My Game Collection

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: October 05, 2017, 09:04:37 PM »
Hmm... not sure if this is a deal or not...

RPG Maker FES (3DS) is available from amazon.ca right now for $28 + $3.50 shipping. That's half price, and might be interesting to some? The game hasn't reviewed all that well, but probably still one of the best game creation tools available on the platform unless you download SmileBasic (which requires a lot more work to see results).

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B06X1D3B96

Hard to say if the price will drop much below this or not - it doesn't seem to be that popular, so maybe waiting longer is worthwhile? Of course, it could also just disappear. Many people might be better off just using the free "Player" download anyway, sampling the uploaded games without having to pay anything?
NNID: ejamer

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: September 19, 2018, 11:42:49 PM »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: November 12, 2018, 11:11:13 PM »
Dank Souls is just under $30 at Target right now. It was $27 at Walmart earlier today but they either sold out or the deal expired.
https://www.target.com/p/dark-souls-remastered-nintendo-switch/-/A-53298018
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: November 23, 2018, 10:44:25 AM »
If you can find them locally, Diablo 3 is $17 at Walmart, South Park the Fractured But Whole is $17 (in store or online).
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: November 27, 2018, 01:13:31 AM »
As a Marvel fan... this was confusing to look at. LOL

I might head down to WalMart real quick and see if D3 is in stock.... never played it, but looks like it could be fun.

Edit:
Unfortunately,  my Wal-Mart does not carry D3, nor is it on sale.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 02:04:17 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »