Author Topic: E3 2011 Predictions  (Read 56468 times)

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
E3 2011 Predictions
« on: March 09, 2011, 09:07:13 PM »
With this year's E3 being only 90 days away it might be a good idea to share predictions for the event. So, here is my predictions:

Wii

Last Story and Xenoblade are announced for a summer and fall 2011 release.

Skyward Sword is announced as a Wii holiday title (black friday).

That Kirby title is announced for fall 2011.

Pandora's Tower trailer revealed.

Pikmin 3 trailer is shown with gameplay. Will be released in early 2012.

Dragon Quest 10 gameplay trailer revealed. Will be released some time in 2012 (Wii's swan song?)

All other non-localized Wii titles are announced for summer of 2011. Disaster: Day of Crisis is released in America for $19.99 in July of this year.

GTA Wii is finally revealed with Goldeneye 2.

Wii price cut to $149.99

Nintendo DS

All non-localized titles announced for north America.

The DS is dead, so I can think of anything else.

Nintendo 3DS

Nintendo announces Super Mario Galaxy 3DS with gameplay video and a holiday 2011 release (if we are lucky).

Call of Duty 3DS revealed for holiday season.
Conduit 3DS revealed.
Final Fantasy 5 and 6 announced for 3DS.
Sonic Chronicles 3DS and an unconfirmed Bioware 3DS game is revealed.

NGP announced for 3DS virtual console.

Super Smash Brothers 3DS is announced with a 2D/3D Metroid 3DS.

Non-Nintendo games:

The next GTA game is shown with move and kinect support.

Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: E3 2011 Predictions
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 09:17:50 PM »
I typed this out about an hour or so ago for the rumor thread, but decided not to post it.

--------
Well depending on how you look at it, Ubisoft did mention that Nintendo might be showing announcing new hardware at E3 this year.

So you could say that it is rumored that Nintendo could be announcing new hardware this year, and the next big show to do it at is E3.
Do you think it will happen? What do you expect to happen at E3?

Reggie just announced that they will be announcing more titles for Wii before E3 this year and that they have plenty of surprises left for us in regards to the Wii. What do we expect those surprises to be and what games do you think will be announced before E3 to make room for the games that we really want to see at E3?

We don't quite know everything there is to know about the 3DS, but the first major FW update enabling new features is going to happen a few weeks after E3. What 3DS surprises do you think Nintendo has in store for all of us?
--------

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 09:21:41 PM »
I wanted to be a smart ass and get this thread out early to beat everyone else to the punch.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 09:28:35 PM »
I'm predecting Rabicle will make me laugh again with some insane story about Iwata swan diving off the balcony.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 10:09:35 PM »
Dragon Quest 10 moved to 3DS

SOMETHING new that uses M+

Vitality Sensor MIA

More 3D movies for 3DS

3D Glasses manufacturers go bankrupt

Boom Blox 3DS

Next CoD is not Modern Warfare 3, MW3 delayed to 2012

Wii2 will not be 'revealed' but a code name and some developer names will be dropped.

Animal Crossing 3DS will have a much stronger 'social media' focus but not in the ways we want it to be.

I'm predecting Rabicle will make me laugh again with some insane story about Iwata swan diving off the balcony.

I want to hear how Cammie left NoA from him. I'm sure it will be hilarious.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 10:22:29 PM »
Nintendo is gonna go with a Retro Theme this year....

Offline ThomasO

• View Profile
    • deviantART account
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 10:34:55 PM »
They're going to shed light on the oldest, darkest mystery of all:

what the clipping mechanism on the back of the Classic Controller was meant for.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 10:46:04 PM »
E3 Nintendo Press Conference Predictions:

- 3DS will take up the vast majority of the presentation

- The Wii's successor will be announced (and probably not shown) for a 2012 release, along with the announcement for a slew of Nintendo Wii projects that have been moved to the Wii successor and 3DS.

- The Wii will be mentioned for about 2 minutes, long enough for Reggie to announce a $20-$30 price cut and show another Zelda Skyward Sword trailer.

- None of the big name 1st and 3rd party Wii games currently released in Japan only will even be mentioned.

- Nintendo will continue to take pot shots at the App Store.

That is all.  I hope I'm wrong because that's a pretty terrible show, but with Nintendo's obsession with the 3DS this year, I can't see this going any other way.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 10:50:28 PM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 10:55:35 PM »
I have been predicting Pikmin 3 for years now and it never happened, so this year I predict that there's no way it will happen in hopes that it actually does.

But seriously I don't think it will happen, and if it does I want it to be for the 3DS.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 03:28:24 AM »
One more for now: No price cut for the Wii. We'll get extra goodies in the bundles, maybe a new color or something, but I don't think we'll see a price cut until the new system launches. It might get cut for the 2011 holidays sales window but nothing beyond that.

~

Pikmin with touch controls would be pretty sweet.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2011, 07:56:20 AM »
I've got a feeling the next Wii (or next console, whatever) will be announced, and it will launch with Skyward Sword HD (or 3D). Just like when the Wii was launched with Twilight Princess, with enhancements over the GameCube version.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2011, 01:15:56 PM »
Nintendo would be stupid to do that again.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2011, 01:24:25 PM »

Oh Reggie, even you weren't immune to the 70s...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2011, 01:27:07 PM »

Oh Reggie, even you weren't immune to the 70s...

Honestly, Im surprised The Perm hasn't hi-jacked that pic and photoshopped himself/character into it yet.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2011, 01:47:40 PM »
Really? I'd buy an HD/better textures version of Skyward Sword on newer, more powerful hardware ANY day over the current Wii version. Easy.  And I'm sure hundreds of thousands of Nintendo fans who prefer "core" games would, too.

Doesn't really sound that stupid to me.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2011, 01:56:49 PM »
I hope it gets Twilight Princess'd, that's why I keep bringing it up.

I'm sure it will still look great on the Wii, but I'd like to see it bumped up to atleast 720p on my TV when I play, and who knows what other additions it might get due to new functionality for the SuperWiiHD.

as a matter of fact, I hope DQX get's TP'd too along with any other major 3rd party title coming to the Wii just before the Wii2 hits. That way you don't have to upgrade it you don't want, but if you do, you get to enjoy these same games with added benefits, including but not limited to a graphical update and possibly improved controls.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 02:00:22 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2011, 02:11:35 PM »
DQX is likely to be ported to another system in addition to the Wii, but it's not the Wii 2; it's the 3DS. The similarities in hardware and Japan's fixation on handhelds make that seem inevitable to me.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2011, 02:52:13 PM »
I would be OK with that, but they would have to make it so that each version had something unique to that version and have connectivity so that you are encouraged to own both.

Maybe a special weapon that you can only find in a certain exclusive area on the Wii version and then an exclusive item you can only obtain in the 3DS version. Then you would constantly have to connect back and forth to replenish this item or repair that weapon. Maybe not the best idea, but you get the point.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2011, 02:55:43 PM »
"Winning" - The Charlie Sheen Epic RPG.  Released for Wii & Ported for Nintendo 3DS.  It will include a credit card accessory that will plug into the Wii remote so you can accurately imitate cutting lines of cocaine & 3DS connectivity so you can record 3D photographic progress of your body's degredation into a drug-fuelled madness and share with Nintendo for online leaderboards.

Rated "T" for teen. 

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2011, 03:05:03 PM »
"Winning" - The Charlie Sheen Epic RPG.  Released for Wii & Ported for Nintendo 3DS.  It will include a credit card accessory that will plug into the Wii remote so you can accurately imitate cutting lines of cocaine & 3DS connectivity so you can record 3D photographic progress of your body's degredation into a drug-fuelled madness and share with Nintendo for online leaderboards.

Rated "WTF" for WholesomeTeenFun

I'd be surprised if that game didn't sell atleast 200k domestically.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2011, 03:19:48 PM »
Nintendo tends to do two types of shows.  You either get something new announced that really gets everyone excited or it's just a total lame duck where all the good stuff is something we already know about and the new stuff is all incredibly lame.  Hopefully we get the first type.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2011, 04:49:51 PM »
Really? I'd buy an HD/better textures version of Skyward Sword on newer, more powerful hardware ANY day over the current Wii version. Easy.  And I'm sure hundreds of thousands of Nintendo fans who prefer "core" games would, too.

So you're saying that you would LOVE for Skyward Sword to be delayed, just like TP was delayed, just so you can buy a new console and play it on that?

Thats retarded.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2011, 05:05:42 PM »

Rated "WTF" for WholesomeTeenFun

I'd be surprised if that game didn't sell atleast 200k domestically.

It wouldn't happen.  Charlie Sheen would require payment of 2-3 million per copy sold just for the use of his likeness.

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2011, 05:36:30 PM »

So you're saying that you would LOVE for Skyward Sword to be delayed, just like TP was delayed, just so you can buy a new console and play it on that?

Thats retarded.

Not to mention that continuing the trend of delayed dual releases completely eradicates the idea that Skyward Sword is the first "real" Wii Zelda game.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2011, 06:30:51 PM »
They should do it. Zelda is already way over due. It should have come out this past Xmas or the one before that.

If they are gonna force the waggle on me, then I want it to be waggle 2.0, new and improved.
What I actually want is for this game to just come out already. But if it's been delayed this long to work in some TPing, I wouldn't be mad.